Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LucyEyelesbarrow

VIP Member
Good film on tonight on the Talking Pictures channel ( 82?)
Dance with a Stranger with Miranda Richardson, the gorgeous Rupert Everett and solid actor Ian Holm.
Based on the true story of Ruth Ellis the last woman to be hanged in Britain. On at 10pm.
Terrific film, I think it might be on britbox too. Agree with @House of Tea that Rupe has had too much work done.

Reactions: 1

LucyEyelesbarrow

VIP Member
Yes, that was brilliant.

Do you know if it's available anywhere?
It was shown on BBC4, I think. It was the same sort of series/style as the Fabulosa (Kenneth Williams) and Ruth Jones (Hattie Jacques) but I haven't seen it anywhere for a while. That's the likeliest channel for a repeat, I think, unless they put it on BritBox.

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
Thanks folks no wasn’t anybody you guys mentioned.

Ahh yes,it was Georgina Hale.Married for just few years to John Forgeham.

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
I Was Just thinking way back but can’t remember her name,she was in that play with women in a sauna,Georgia was it? was married to actor that was in Cross Roads,he looked abit thuggish.She was on Tv few times.Oh dear me memory.

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
Anybody remember the film no room at the inn,its about wartime England and evacues,it’s extremely powerful.https://www.oldrarefilms.com/no-room-at-the-inn-1948-dvd---freda-jackson--joy-shelton-447-p.asp

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
Yes she's in one of the Margaret Rutherford Marples and could also be menacing too.

This reminds me of see if I can find a book I think I still have called Dames of the Theatre. It covered a number of early to mid 20th century addresses.
Awwww Thanks Lucy,another idea to get a book.☺

I remember the film where she starred as Queen Elizabeth 1st.

Good grief,Looks like your book is worth something,price of it.🥴That’s on Amazon

cheaper copies on Abe Books.

Last edited:

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
Interesting article about him.
Very interesting. I'm a child of the 80s but grew up watching Steptoe both on repeats and VHS.
On the perv rumours, I tend to give Wilfrid Brambell the benefit of the doubt as I recall the reported allegation sounded murky and distant. Arthur Mullard I do believe was a horrible bastard and was guilty.
I think DJ has a dark side and that it will be revealed after he dies. I loved OFAH, grew up watching it.

This is another one. https://www.comedy.co.uk/features/c...onships-wilfrid-brambell-and-harry-h-corbett/

What I find the most interesting item is that at Brambell's funeral, there were only 6 attendees, one of whom was Harry H Corbetts wife.
Sounds like a very bad sign of his character.

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
Did you ever meet her?
Oh no,I didn’t realise she came from here,I belong to a local area Fb group and several peeps said she was born Here,weird actually it’s David Beckham birthplace as well,🥴 plus several well known peeps.

obviously she was just born here i believe.