Ear piercings

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reading this thread is encouraging me to just get all the piercings I’ve had my eye on 🤣

Anyone with their Daith pierced … what was used a bar or a ring? My friend had hers pierced with a heart shaped ring years ago (similar below) though I’ve been researching it and not many suggest it’s safe to pierce with this type of ring straight away.

View attachment 980181
I was told to get it done with a bar, it helps it heal more an also the bars don't move around as much so easier to leave it alone unless cleaning, once it's healed it's fine to swap, urm I can't remember fully but I think it was maybe 12 to 16 weeks to heal

For those of you who had your daith pierced, how do you clean your ear. I mean, ear wax? Because it is so close to the entrance I am just worried about cleaning.
I just move it a little to the side, it doesn't really block the entrance to your ear so I've never had a problem cleaning inside my ear with mine

• Heart
Reactions: 2
For those of you who had your daith pierced, how do you clean your ear. I mean, ear wax? Because it is so close to the entrance I am just worried about cleaning.

I had my conch done before Xmas, it is healing perfectly but I haven’t slept on it even for a day. But I am going to get my flat done. I want to do one ear done first before the next as I am a side sleeper myself.
This was mine literally 10 mins after having it pierced. Can still see the pen markings lol.

It doesn't get in the way of ear hole and I have my tragus done on the same ear.
Screenshot_20220110-202922_Photos.jpg

Reactions: 1
Can anyone help with healing? I had two extra lobe piercings done with a gun (stupid, I know) almost a month ago, and while both holes are healing, one of them is still sore. I saw some pus coming out when I cleaned them today, too.

What bothers me even more is my navel piercing. I had it done with a needle on the same day, it healed alright until recently. Now it looks a bit irritated but it’s not sore or anything. I will put the pictures under a spoiler, can someone tell me if it’s infected or just irritated? I’m mostly worried about scarring, my skin is not prone to particularly bad scars or keloids but it usually takes ages to heal. Sorry for derailing the thread a little bit.
[]
0390AC54-6C2D-4208-84A5-78E0071F34B7.jpeg

C7A5D80B-A27D-4C65-93B8-5F8A3425DF8F.jpeg
50CEA254-DDBE-4743-BCD6-5368EF79A150.jpeg

Sorry for nasty and awkward pictures, it’s a tricky place to take a picture of x

Can anyone help with healing? I had two extra lobe piercings done with a gun (stupid, I know) almost a month ago, and while both holes are healing, one of them is still sore. I saw some pus coming out when I cleaned them today, too.

What bothers me even more is my navel piercing. I had it done with a needle on the same day, it healed alright until recently. Now it looks a bit irritated but it’s not sore or anything. I will put the pictures under a spoiler, can someone tell me if it’s infected or just irritated? I’m mostly worried about scarring, my skin is not prone to particularly bad scars or keloids but it usually takes ages to heal. Sorry for derailing the thread a little bit.
[]View attachment 984326
View attachment 984329View attachment 984330

Sorry for nasty and awkward pictures, it’s a tricky place to take a picture of x
It's probably best to go to the piercest an talk with them, but from my own experience I had a little irritation an some pus with mine as well, he said it was cause I was maybe using too much saline an not properly drying it after so the moisture was building up, I started using less saline an giving it a more proper drying once done an it seemed to work, but like I say the best person to ask is them

Also when you got your lobe done with the gun did they maybe move it slightly when they did it? When I got mine done years ago at Claires the gun got a little stuck an they way they moved it to get it back left my ear sore for months

• Heart
It's probably best to go to the piercest an talk with them, but from my own experience I had a little irritation an some pus with mine as well, he said it was cause I was maybe using too much saline an not properly drying it after so the moisture was building up, I started using less saline an giving it a more proper drying once done an it seemed to work, but like I say the best person to ask is them

Also when you got your lobe done with the gun did they maybe move it slightly when they did it? When I got mine done years ago at Claires the gun got a little stuck an they way they moved it to get it back left my ear sore for months
Thank you! Yes, I think I’m going to contact them if it gets worse. And I don’t remember the gun getting stuck - it happened to me years ago when getting my first piercing so I was very wary of it this time. Now I know I will have anything done with a gun though. Thanks again! 😊

I really want to do a second helix piercing with a hoop. Can any suggest where I find some nice ones? All the hoop earrings I have are meant for lobes and too big.

[]View attachment 984326

I would definitely go back to your piercer. Mine was similar and I didn't due to lockdowns and unfortunately it got worse and ended up having to come out. Go sooner rather than later and I'm sure they'll be able to sort you out.

• Heart

[]View attachment 984326

I would definitely go back to your piercer. Mine was similar and I didn't due to lockdowns and unfortunately it got worse and ended up having to come out. Go sooner rather than later and I'm sure they'll be able to sort you out

• Heart
I really want to do a second helix piercing with a hoop. Can any suggest where I find some nice ones? All the hoop earrings I have are meant for lobes and too big.
I think piercer usually advise against hoop, as the healing will take forever because it moves. Maybe find a nice bar and change it to hoop once it heals? I think even if they pierce you with a hoop, it will be bigger than usual helix hoop to account for healing?

I've had bars in my conch and upper ear for years (at least 6 years). After they healed they were fine and I never felt them. I finally took the plunge and invested in nice jewellery and got a hoop for my conch. It was so painful, especially when sleeping. I took it out after a few weeks and put it in my upper ear and again, the same thing. It was so sore in the morning. I finally took that out after a month and put a barbell back in. Any tips how to get over that soreness? It didn't feel like either holes were getting infected, just sore from where the shape is different and the movement of the hoop. So annoying!

Has anyone had their anti-tragus pierced?
The placement and relative rareness of it intrigues me, but I've heard nothing but horror stories about them! 🤔

Reactions: 3
The placement and relative rareness of it intrigues me, but I've heard nothing but horror stories about them! 🤔
I’ve got the lobe just below it (like a vertical high lobe) that looks pretty similar to get the look without the healing :)

Had my anti-tragus done for years and years (maybe 18?). Never given me any trouble.

As well as anti-tragus, I have tragus, 3 lobe in one ear, 5 in the other, double helix both sides, conch and forward helix. Bar the forward helix, they were all done in my teens, and I'm mid-thirties now. Never had any problems with any of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi. Have any of you get your piercing and jewellery from Maria Tash?

I have 3x lobe piercings in both ears and an industrial/scaffold on my left ear, thinking about some kind of cartilage piercing on my right ear to make them look more balanced. I don't really want a second industrial as it took sooo long to heal! Any suggestions what might "go" nicely?

I have 3x lobe piercings in both ears and an industrial/scaffold on my left ear, thinking about some kind of cartilage piercing on my right ear to make them look more balanced. I don't really want a second industrial as it took sooo long to heal! Any suggestions what might "go" nicely?
I have three lobe piercings and I’m planning to get my conch done. I think they look good together 🙂

Can somebody with a conch piercing tell if takes long to heal? Is it a pain to get?

Reactions: 2
I have three lobe piercings and I’m planning to get my conch done. I think they look good together 🙂

Can somebody with a conch piercing tell if takes long to heal? Is it a pain to get?
Mine heal perfectly. Is tucked inside of your ear so it is easier to heal. Do it.

• Heart
Mine heal perfectly. Is tucked inside of your ear so it is easier to heal. Do it.
That sounds great, thank you! 😌 Now I just need to find the right earring. Did you get a bar or a hoop, steel/titanium/gold or…? I’ve read bars are preferable for this type of piercings.