Ear piercings

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tragus was my first proper piercing i.e. had to go to a piercing place and it wasn't lobes.

I have had it for almost half my life now and j still think it looks great.

Over the years I have changed the jewelery to suit my style, have gone from a hoop to plain bars and now a bar with a little clear gem 😊

Definitely one of my favourite piercings.
My tragus is my favourite, I've had it for over 10 years now and I've never had a problem with it. I have a helix on the opposite side which took ages to heal but I have no trouble with it now. Only thing is it really would look better with another one above it but I don't know if I can be bothered with the hassle! I have a ring in that gives the illusion of a double which has helped.

I'm debating whether to get my nose done next. Never fancied it until I got given a fake ring and thought it looked nice. But as I'm turning 40 soon I don't know whether it just screams mid life crisis?!

Would also like my belly button redoing but that was a traumatic and painful year while I was healing it and it never fully healed before it went manky and I had to take it out 😕 don't think I could go through that again!

Sorry for going off the topic, but did your piercing close up nicely? Mine is relatively new but it is taking a long time to heal, if it rejects I want to take it out but wonder whether it will leave a scar or a hole.
Mine healed pretty much overnight, though I was having issues with it a year after getting it done. Was quite badly scarred at the time because of the way the tissue was starting to break down (I had a tiny hole between the two piercing holes that kept leaking pus and scabbing over 🤢) but a year later the scar is barely visible.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m seriously considering a daith piercing but am wondering how painful they are? I have my nose pierced and that didn’t hurt as much as I thought it would, the daith area is harder though..
I didn't find it too bad, can't remember having any problems with pain sleeping on it etc. Get it pierced with a bar rather than a ring so it doesn't move around as much, I had a ring to start with and it wouldn't heal until I swapped to a bar then it was absolutely fine

Sorry for going off the topic, but did your piercing close up nicely? Mine is relatively new but it is taking a long time to heal, if it rejects I want to take it out but wonder whether it will leave a scar or a hole.
Your stomach can take a year to heal on the inside, it can look fine on the outside but inside takes the time, I cleaned mine 3x a day for four months, then 2x a day four months an finally once a day for the final four months, I just used salt water, doesn't take much, just some on a cotton swab an gently around it an move the bar up an down to clean it, was neither up nor down with it an it was fine, once the year was up I could change it an just gave the bar a little clean before I put it in

I’m seriously considering a daith piercing but am wondering how painful they are? I have my nose pierced and that didn’t hurt as much as I thought it would, the daith area is harder though..
I have my darth done, are you getting it for headaches, just curious as thats what mine was done for, it nips I won't lie, like you feel the little pinch but overall it wasn't completly painful, they numb it for you an once you feel the little nip it's done, it's really quick, you can sit up or lay down for it as well, I lay down cause it was easier for the little grip thing he used to hold in place, it is however incredibly tender once done an a tiny bit painful during the cleaning for the first few days an you also can't lay on that side either for a while

Reactions: 2
Yes I was thinking of getting it done because of headaches and neck tension.

It did yes☺ I had no issues at all. I can still see the dots of where the piercing was, but it’s fully closed and cannot get a belly bar through it at all.
I religiously cleaned mine with salt water after I got it done though.
Mine healed pretty much overnight, though I was having issues with it a year after getting it done. Was quite badly scarred at the time because of the way the tissue was starting to break down (I had a tiny hole between the two piercing holes that kept leaking pus and scabbing over 🤢) but a year later the scar is barely visible.
Your stomach can take a year to heal on the inside, it can look fine on the outside but inside takes the time, I cleaned mine 3x a day for four months, then 2x a day four months an finally once a day for the final four months, I just used salt water, doesn't take much, just some on a cotton swab an gently around it an move the bar up an down to clean it, was neither up nor down with it an it was fine, once the year was up I could change it an just gave the bar a little clean before I put it in
Thank you all ❤ Mine isn’t too bad, I clean it religiously every day too, it’s just that my skin doesn’t heal too well. I will give it some more time though!

• Heart
Yes I was thinking of getting it done because of headaches and neck tension.
Did they tell you it's not fully guaranteed? It's only a 50/50 that it works an you still will have a earing to look after should it not work, for me it does an doesn't work, I don't get as many migraines as I used to an my headaches have eased more, but I still do get them especially if am stressed or anxious, but I now get days where I am totally fine which never used to happen, for me I was fine having the earing if it worked or didn't so it wasn't a loss if it didn't totally work out, I'd recommend the bar as well since its easier to clean an won't move as much

Reactions: 2
I'm debating whether to get my nose done next. Never fancied it until I got given a fake ring and thought it looked nice. But as I'm turning 40 soon I don't know whether it just screams mid life crisis?!
Definitely doesn't scream midlife crisis. If you fancy it, go for it! I love my nose piercing and wouldn't be without it now.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Did they tell you it's not fully guaranteed? It's only a 50/50 that it works an you still will have a earing to look after should it not work, for me it does an doesn't work, I don't get as many migraines as I used to an my headaches have eased more, but I still do get them especially if am stressed or anxious, but I now get days where I am totally fine which never used to happen, for me I was fine having the earing if it worked or didn't so it wasn't a loss if it didn't totally work out, I'd recommend the bar as well since its easier to clean an won't move as much
Didn't do anything for my headaches either

Anyone on herr have their conch pierced?

I am thinking about getting my done. I got my helix done 3 months ago after 7 years of putting it off. 😂

I don’t know how many lobes I want :) I don’t reallly want my earlobes to be dotted with scars for the rest of my life? But love the maximalist look and have so many earrings

Also hoop/stud combos? I already have double lobes and can never decide on two studs, two hoops, mix..

If you get it done by a professional piercer using proper needles (not a Claire's gun, which can't be sterilized properly and force a blunt earring through your flesh), lobes piercings really don't hurt. I was like you, and forced myself to get it done to help my phobia. I had it done properly with a needle and despite my fears and being generally sensitive, it didn't hurt at all. I was actually shocked by how painless it was.

It was also easy to sleep with them in.

If you want to cheat, you can probably buy yourself some EMLA numbing cream ;)
I have four in each lobe, my flat and conch in my right ear, forward helix in my second ear.

I had an irrational fear of needles, god knows why after having children and put it off for years, just had two in each lobe.

I have since had the rest done with needles, and as said here it is in my opinion easier, quicker, more hygienic and less painful than a gun. I just ask them not to show me the needle or tell me when they are going to do it.

I convinced myself I would faint, be sick, cry, scream, every negative thing you can think of, it’s so easy and quick. I wouldn’t ever have a gun or recommend the gun.

You will be fine if you haven’t already had it done as I don’t know how old the original post is and that’s coming from me the biggest Wimp you will ever know.. 🤪

I am thinking about getting my done. I got my helix done 3 months ago after 7 years of putting it off. 😂
Yeah I had mine done last July, no problem as a whole just every now and then or if I catch it on a top it may play up for a couple of days but I just treat it with saline to be the safe side.

It didn’t hurt that much either, it’s more awkward from where it is and you are limited to what you can have in it until it heals. I’ve got a huggie for mine when I get it changed..

Had mine for about 15 years! Bloody love it. Gets quite a few comments from people who aren't into piercings "oooh doesn't that hurt?" - no. "Do you have a great big hole in your ear?" - no etc.

Even after 15 years as another poster said if I catch it, which has happened regularly recently with bloody masks, then it will be tender for a couple of days.

Reading this thread is encouraging me to just get all the piercings I’ve had my eye on 🤣

Anyone with their Daith pierced … what was used a bar or a ring? My friend had hers pierced with a heart shaped ring years ago (similar below) though I’ve been researching it and not many suggest it’s safe to pierce with this type of ring straight away.

305E8D14-B547-423C-9605-FDFC6931B86D.jpeg

Reading this thread is encouraging me to just get all the piercings I’ve had my eye on 🤣

Anyone with their Daith pierced … what was used a bar or a ring? My friend had hers pierced with a heart shaped ring years ago (similar below) though I’ve been researching it and not many suggest it’s safe to pierce with this type of ring straight away.

View attachment 980181
I have a heart shaped ring currently.

Had it pierced with a bar and then after about a year switched to heart shaped ring 😊 I got a hinged one though as easier to get in and out

ETA picture

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart

View attachment 980181
It’s preferable and much safer to wear a bar/straight barbell because it does not move around as much, making the healing process more comfortable and less painful and preventing infection from getting inside. I’d recommend asking your piercer about best types of jewelry for your desired piercing.

• Heart

View attachment 980181
I got mine pierced with a heart cause it was cute, don't do it 😂 it wouldn't heal at all until I swapped to a bar

• Heart
For those of you who had your daith pierced, how do you clean your ear. I mean, ear wax? Because it is so close to the entrance I am just worried about cleaning.

I had my conch done before Xmas, it is healing perfectly but I haven’t slept on it even for a day. But I am going to get my flat done. I want to do one ear done first before the next as I am a side sleeper myself.