Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jaymie

VIP Member
I had a conch piercing done just before Xmas, so far so good. I wasn’t doing any excessive cleaning, just spray it with saline. Obviously it still feel tender but I am very happy with it. I hope to get a tash rook done on the same ear.

for those of you who have lots of piercing, is one of your ears more ‘curated’ than the other, or do you try to balance it out?

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Nooooo studs just don’t stay in my nose & I had a bump with them as well. I did think it was weird how the original piercer insisted on studs only to start with then another piercer said rings are fine
I’ve had my nose pierced for over 10 years, I started with a stud and they pierced it with that. After about 1 year, I switched to a ring. I could never go back to a stud, it looks awful on me 😭 but they insisted I had to let it heal with a stud first

I'd love to get new one too but will join the club of not knowing what I want and also really can't be bothered for the pain and healing process
The healing is what's putting me off going any further than my lobes this time. My conch has healed so I don't want to add time to that ear.

I’ve got far too many to count,
Right ear - daith, tragus, forward helix, conch x 2, then 6 holes on my lobes (normally just leave top 3 in).
Left ear - lobes x 3 and outer conch.
Going to work on my left ear next year as I was told by my piercer to do one ear at a time. Not going to lie as much as I like my piercings I hate having to sleep on a travel pillow 😂😂😂
That's what puts me off, the sleep issue. I'm one side heavier than the other but at least I can sleep on one side 😂

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
I have my nose and belly button too ☺

I've 6 between both ears, I keep them nice and delicate. Two are Maria Tash, such a waste of money but they were gifts. So many pretty huggies available now.
would you recommend Maria tash? I’m looking for my next piercing, and I love the jewellery!!

Ive had my conch for ages, it was the easiest out of all of my cartilage ones - but I still can’t wear a ring in it, has to be a bar because for some reason a ring irritates it.
oh no! That sucks. I love how a ring looks. I have a couple of helix piercings that are similar they play up depending on the style of jewellery. So weird isn’t it

Sorry as I know this thread is for ears,
But for the ones with naval piercings how long did you wait to change the bar?

Online it says 6-12 months but just wondering if anyone did it sooner and all was well?

I’m going on holiday next week and I’m being very inpatient and just find my belly bar that I have in now is so plain and boring. (Had it re-done in January)

rlouisep9

VIP Member
I’ve had my nose pierced for two years. First I had two studs that kept falling out, each time they fell out I felt really sad, then I went to someone different who used a ring. I bloody love my nose ring sooo much as it’s so not like me to have something pierced and it really suits me. The only thing is I have a lump on the hole, it changes in size if I knock it in my sleep for example it will get slightly bigger but eventually shrink a bit but it has never disappeared. I don’t think it is a keloid.
Anyone else have this? Will this eventually go?
Try Prontolind spray, I've had similar issues and the spray cleared it right up 🙌

Lord Voldemort

I used to have mine fall out of my nose when I wore an L shape stud, but I switched it with a twisty back one & I've had no issues!

Blue Rose

VIP Member
I had my ears pierced when I was 8 and didn’t get any more until a few weeks ago when I got bored and decided to pierce my helix 😂. I’ve had it in for nearly 8 weeks now and it’s pretty much healed. The other day I tried to do a second one just above it but didn’t quite measure it properly so it was too close. I think I’ll try again once it’s healed up. I want my seconds done too but am worried about not getting it in line with my firsts so will go to an actual piercer for that.

literaryrose

I went to a piercing shop for a third hole in my ear a month or so ago, and while I was there decided (stupidly) to get my tragus pierced despite having not properly researched it. It still hurts and I wear in-ear headphones for work which is probably not helping. Does the tragus pain calm down or is it like this for 18 months? Kinda not loving it enough to warrant the discomfort compared to my lobe piercings... I think the only thing stopping me from taking it out now and letting it heal up is the fact it cost me £50

Heidi88

VIP Member
Thanks. I rang a place local to me last night and they changed it for me and also gave me a solution for a bit of a bump i have on it. Total cost 10 euro!

The fancy studio I got it done in ignored the bump when I asked them about it when I was in there for a downsizing. Won't be going back to there.

Lady1980

Hi, just looking for some advice/experience of an issue with my daughter's ear piercing.
She had her first lobe piercings done just over a month ago. I noticed that one of them was not straight, it angled downwards at the back, quite far that you could almost see the back of the earring. I took her back to the piercer for advice and he said you could just leave it or, re-pierce it to straighten it up.
We let him re-pierce it so went through the same hole at the front to make a new hole at the back. Her ear is now quite sore and swollen, and having looked at it closely, the back of the earring now looks too high!
It is angled upwards from the front, not as badly as the angle the first time but still! She doesn't want it touched or to do anything with it. I asked her if we could go to a different shop just to ask their advice but she doesn't want to. It is still swollen and I know that can distort the angle too so I am thinking perhaps it will straighten itself out?
All the googling seems to suggest it is taken out and re-pierced again, but she really doesn't want to. I guess I'm asking if it will matter in the long run if it heals at this wonky angle? If we leave it, is she going to have problems with the hole, or problems putting earrings in in the future?
Thanks for reading all that!

Heidi88

VIP Member
I don’t think so. I think keloid is very rare and it shouldn’t developed at 7 months. Maybe just soak it with a warm salt water for a few min?
Thanks! I used the anti bacterial spray today and and will do a salt water soak later. From googling images of keloids I am not too sure either.

I don’t have any but I am desperate for a simple lobe piercing, I have a really bad phobic reaction to medical procedures/needles though so the thought of it makes me feel woozy 🥴 also I dread not being able to sleep at night on my sides. 🥲
I never minded getting the needle, it was often the recovery after that was worse for me.