Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Instamoron

Oh my word. Poor girl.šŸ˜¢ One sexual assault is hard enough to deal with but hers was compounded and multiplied.
I just hope she's had legal closure as well as healing her heart.
100% agreed. I definitely hope whoever did this to her has been suitably punished and she really is ok now - or as ā€œokā€ as somebody can be after something so awful.
What a brave woman for speaking out!

Reactions: 9

Sven

VIP Member
Definitely somebody rich. Probably with a private jet. What an awful thing to go through !

PoleStar

Chatty Member
I read Duffy's full statement and I agree that it is bizarre. Like others I wonder how it would be possible to get someone onto a plane if they were drugged without anyone noticing - not only airport staff but other passengers too, especially as she was very recognisable at the time because her face was everywhere due to the videos for her songs and the Coke advert she'd done. I asked my husband to read her statement in his professional capacity as a criminal intelligence analyst and he agrees. He believes she was probably dabbling with drugs, willingly went off with someone on a private plane and got in too deep, ending up in the rape. The sort of person I'm thinking could be the perpetrator is a powerful industry bigwig, someone along the lines of Harvey Weinstein.

Yel

Chatty Member
Horrific, I'm not sure I even want to watch the interview when it comes out.

I thought she just retired after that coke advert and the comeback single didn't perform. I don't think she liked the entertainment industry, she hated that Welsh pop idol that aled from radio 1 was a judge on.

I hope there's some positivity out of it all and she's well on her way to recovery

There is obviously information she is holding back but that doesnā€™t make what she has shared to be implausible or unbelievable.
Agree with this! There's an awful lot that she hasn't told us, for whatever reason. She also doesn't come across as a reliable narrator but that looks very much like trauma to me.

I don't now what happened to this poor woman, but undoubtedly *something* did, and something really bad. I wish she had PR handling this for her because she's obviously fragile and she's too exposed.

bubbletea123

VIP Member
Could have been a private jet- maybe an Arab guy, which supports the fact she mentioned ā€˜walking behind himā€™ . Saudi maybe? Rape is a funny subject there? Who knows, so very traumatic though poor love
I think more likely Dubai or somewhere in the UAE if of that ethnicity. Saudi is really hard for people to get into without the correct visa.

Reactions: 8

JulieScoobyDoo

VIP Member
How long before the media outlets are hounding her, camping outside her house and demanding interviews with her? Generally making her life hell and making her wish she had never said anything. Vultures.

I adored Mercy, it was one of my favourite songs when it was first released.

Reactions: 8

LoisLane

The whole thing does sound implausible. Is it possible the person who did it to her had a private jet? Itā€™s just a bizarre story, but if true I am glad to hear she recovered.

Reactions: 7
It's an odd story but with loads of detail obviously missing I imagine Duffy is only telling what she's comfortable to share and that's okay. Maybe, in time, she'll feel safer to fill in the gaps but I just hope she's doing alright and has a good support system looking out for her.

Reactions: 7

bubbletea123

VIP Member
This sounds like a telenovela... not that believable? How could she get on a flight drugged...I am sure the airport security and staff would notice. feel like she is using it for promo/a comeback, I know that sounds bad.

Does she say it was a birthday party? I got the impression it seemed like a date. Why didnā€™t she report this to the police? I know sheā€™s told them after, but no official report?
I thought that too. Does she have an idea of who did it? If so, then she is knowingly not reporting it and they are roaming about and could do it someone else...

• Angry
Reactions: 6

Whatliesbeneath

VIP Member
Im very surprised the media never covered this. She was such a talented singer, i always wondered where she went, bless her i hope she is in better place

Lolly505

VIP Member
I read her statement fairly quickly but I got the impression that she had informed the police a few times? She said at one point the name of the perpetrator will stay between her and the police? Unless I'm really misreading here does that mean it has been investigated?
I think she mentioned that she spoke of it twice to police officers but I don't think it was in an official capacity/on the record statement (but I might be misremembering).

EDIT: Just had another look and she said she mentioned it when reporting other incidents (blackmail and a break in) but it doesn't seem to have been its own case.
Others may disagree but I can understand why not, since sexual assault cases are notoriously difficult to convict (especially after time has passed) and trials, etc, can be traumatic experiences in themselves. Even reporting is no guarantee that something will be done, unfortunately.

Last edited:

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
Easy as anything to drive to France šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø maybe say someone was asleep? And who's to say she didn't know them and they knew where her passport was. Nothing there that seems unbelievable to me.
It's odd to me how people need to pick it apart? Is it the fear that things like that happen?! Because they do. Maybe we should start from a place of believing survivors before we rip them to shreds.

She states that it was somewhere they flew.

It obviously was someone she knew. He was a guest at her birthday party. Maybe he did have access to her passport, but she still had to go to an airport, go through airport security and board a flight. Sit for the duration of the flight. Disembark. Walk through the airport. Etc - not exactly easy to do with someone whoā€™s heavily drugged Iā€™d imagine.

Itā€™s not unreasonable to question things that donā€™t make sense.

Iā€™m well aware that horrific things happen in the world, Iā€™m simply trying to make sense of what sheā€™s claiming to have happened, based on the information sheā€™s made public and itā€™s patchy at best.

Twirlywoo

I wonder if it was someone she knew who did it, this happened to a friend of mine by her boyfriend at the time ā˜¹

• Sad
Reactions: 5