Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I don't like the paper's own mash-up of her life, but the statement she wrote herself is very moving.

Reactions: 4
# wondering if we're supposed to read between the lines here?
That is quite a harsh article to be honest.Surprising. I don't think it's pointing the finger at the ex at all. The quotes from Bernard Butler (who I LOVE) kind of indicate that she might not have told anyone about what happened and they all just through she went a bit crazy for a while. I seem to remember reading a blind article about the fire in her house, somthing like she started it or something? I remember it being in the news, I think it was a massive incident, whole place was destroyed.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Horrific, I'm not sure I even want to watch the interview when it comes out.

I thought she just retired after that coke advert and the comeback single didn't perform. I don't think she liked the entertainment industry, she hated that Welsh pop idol that aled from radio 1 was a judge on.

I hope there's some positivity out of it all and she's well on her way to recovery
This was pretty much what I thought had happened. I even read a few pieces that said as much. Oh my Lord, this is awful.

Reactions: 3

JulieScoobyDoo

VIP Member
I despise Alison Boshoff.

I feel for Duffy, this is exactly what I hoped wouldnt happen for Duffy after her post.

Reactions: 3

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
It's terrible what she's gone through. Mercy and Warrick Avenue were good songs. Rain On Your Parade could have been a Bond theme with it's sound.

Reactions: 2

Bubblegirl

She states that it was somewhere they flew.

It obviously was someone she knew. He was a guest at her birthday party. Maybe he did have access to her passport, but she still had to go to an airport, go through airport security and board a flight. Sit for the duration of the flight. Disembark. Walk through the airport. Etc - not exactly easy to do with someone who’s heavily drugged I’d imagine.

It’s not unreasonable to question things that don’t make sense.

I’m well aware that horrific things happen in the world, I’m simply trying to make sense of what she’s claiming to have happened, based on the information she’s made public and it’s patchy at best.
I stand corrected. Yes she did mention a plane. Fair enough.

Bigredliza

I don't like the tone of the article seems to be suggesting her step father is an odd character and a source of distress for her in her childhood. I'm sure that is the type of speculation she has been trying to avoid

Lumpfish

VIP Member
I believe her but agree that the way she has written it is very confusing and she would have benefitted from getting someone (anyone!) to proof read it before submission or gone through official PR, seems such a shame to go through the effort of keeping everything hush to then reveal all in such a scrambled manner.

Also did none of her family or friends report her missing?! How long was she gone?

SkankHunt42

Can someone post the blind?

I'm sure Duffy had big problems with a stalker, I assumed it was him. The ex is still on Instagram and selling holidays in Dubai, if it was him he would have disappeared.

Reactions: 1

BallroomBear

This sounds like a telenovela... not that believable? How could she get on a flight drugged...I am sure the airport security and staff would notice. feel like she is using it for promo/a comeback, I know that sounds bad.
A very bad telenovela at that. It's like a synopisis of a scene from one of those really ropey and badly acted South American soap operas you can watch clips of on youtube. Where's the laughing mustache twirling henchman with the Chloroform rag?

Reactions: 1

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
Does she say it was a birthday party? I got the impression it seemed like a date. Why didn’t she report this to the police? I know she’s told them after, but no official report?