Dry January 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love a Becks Blue, never bother with 0% wine as it’s over priced and full of sugar, I go with Schloer in a wine glass if I fancy it!

Reactions: 4
IKEA do bottles of fizzy apple and elderflower (I think) and they are really nice! In a wine glass for good measure 😂

Reactions: 6
I’m in 😏 I’m not a boozer but definitely drunk a LOT more over 2020. And my takeaways with that doubled too. No booze and no pizza January 🙌🏼🙌🏼

I’ve been toying with the idea of sobriety. I don’t think I’m quite ready yet but it’s definitely in my mind. My mum quit alcohol in March after being an alcoholic all her adult life, I don’t want to live the life she has with alcohol.

I’ve been slowly filling my insta with sober pages. If anyone is looking for some good people to follow is recommend Millie Gooch, sobergirlsociety (that’s Millie’s as well), sober_otter, not so secretly sober, no booze babes, drop the bottle

Reactions: 5
I'm in, drank way too much in 2020 as well as too many takeaways and I've a stone to show for it :rolleyes: never even used to drink at home before this year, looking forward to a detox.

I like Becks Blue and the alcohol free one Brewdog make :giggle:

Joining dry January too!
I have done sober October before but haven’t managed January. Hoping this year it might be easier to do given that the pubs are closed at the moment (tier 3).

I am in too!

Also don't consider myself a heavy drinker but hve drunk way more than usual in 2020. I completed it in 2016 and lost loads of weight too so that may be a good side effect too.

Have stocked up the fridge with some sugar free fizzy drinks. Out of a wine glass of course!

Today’s hangover from last night is all the motivation I need for dry January! 😂

Reactions: 3
Evening , how’s everyone feeling?

Does anyone have a Witching Hour where you’re more likely to pour a drink?, mine’s 5-6 pm and when I’m past that I don’t give it a second thought . The evening meal prep is underway at that time and I usually pour a drink so I had an alcohol free Moretti tonight and it did hit the spot , first day is crossed off(y) .

Hope everyone’s ok.

Reactions: 10

Does anyone have a Witching Hour where you’re more likely to pour a drink?, mine’s 5-6 pm and when I’m past that I don’t give it a second thought . The evening meal prep is underway at that time and I usually pour a drink so I had an alcohol free Moretti tonight and it did hit the spot , first day is crossed off(y) .

Hope everyone’s ok.
The app which is called drunk days free (looks like the BBC c25KM one) gives you a reminder and things like that! Asks you about trigger points! I’ve found swapping it out for something else like having water instead (boring I know) is working lol

Reactions: 2

Hope everyone’s ok.
Exactly this for me!! I think I’ll get some of these in to try and head it off. Today’s not so bad as it’s not a ‘normal’ day, if that makes sense?

Thank you for this thread - I'm in!! To echo many of you, I've drunk WAY too much throughout the various lockdowns and I'm carrying a bit (lot) more weight because of it. I'm thankful for Tier 4 as there's no excuse to go to the pub (I live in a tiny village and it's literally the only place to go) :ROFLMAO:

Off to download the app now!

Exactly this for me!! I think I’ll get some of these in to try and head it off. Today’s not so bad as it’s not a ‘normal’ day, if that makes sense?
I know what you mean. I’ll be back at work next week , I’ll probably need a drink :ROFLMAO: but the thought of the great sleep will keep me on the straight and narrow.

Mines about 6-7 when I think about it most as a ‘reward’ for getting through a stressful day but I’ve bought some nice treat drinks - non alcoholic passion fruit cocktail and schloer to have in a wine glass with some ice to make it a bit fancier with dinner 😂

I’m in a T3 area so won’t be seeing anyone anytime soon which should make things a bit easier without the social aspect.

Hope everyone’s ok.
YES! I get home at 17:35 (precise as I have a 5 minute walk from work to home 😏) - my routine is to feed the dogs, get dinner going and pour a G&T. If it gets to 7 or so and I haven't had one I lose interest. I might do something crazy instead and go for a run.

(I definitely won't)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
YES! I get home at 17:35 (precise as I have a 5 minute walk from work to home 😏) - my routine is to feed the dogs, get dinner going and pour a G&T. If it gets to 7 or so and I haven't had one I lose interest. I might do something crazy instead and go for a run.

(I definitely won't)
It just goes to show how habit forming drinking is especially after the last 10 months when we’ve probably all guzzled more booze than we would normally have done.

It just goes to show how habit forming drinking is especially after the last 10 months when we’ve probably all guzzled more booze than we would normally have done.
100%. With that in mind, I'm sure it'll be easier after the first 10 days or so so I'm looking forward to getting past that hurdle!

Hope everyone’s ok.
Yes!!! I hadn't thought of it like that but you are so right. If I can just get over the witching hour then I think I'll be good. Day 1 done ✅

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.