Dry January 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m in!😀

I’ve been doing it for a couple of years now and usually stay off the grog beyond January. I also did 5 weeks from the end of October and I have to say I always feel so much better when I’m not drinking.

I don’t seem able to metabolise alcohol well anymore and after a bottle of champagne on Christmas Day I felt like a filthy dry mouthed slug the day after.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I did dry Jan this year & I am still going!!!! Best decision I made in 2020

Reactions: 10
I did dry Jan this year & I am still going!!!! Best decision I made in 2020
I’m thinking about doing t total! I know a lot of people won’t agree but I feel like it’s something that will help

Reactions: 5
I think so though im working nye so planned to have some Asti on the 1st with a little buffet. I have drank so much this year, and it has all just been drinking for the sake of drinking. It doesnt help me sleep or anything. I have managed to quit smoking these past few months so cutting back on booze is the next step.

Reactions: 8
Usually I give up alcohol for lent (because I drink way too much during carnival) but since that won't be happening next year I think I'm going to join dry January!

Reactions: 6
Anyone planning on doing this?
I tried to do it some years back, and got to Day 25; when we were invited to a party with a free bar!
I hope my resolve is stronger this time, especially with lockdown.
Maybe we can support each other?
I want to use it as part of my weight loss/exercise more plan.
Thanks.
Good to see so many joining up to this. I will be finishing off the last dregs of wine tonight. Looking forward to us supporting each other!

Reactions: 3
I’ve a few cans of pink G&T and a teeny bit of baileys to polish off tonight then I’m all set for tomorrow. Actually looking forward to it!

Reactions: 2
I’m thinking about doing t total! I know a lot of people won’t agree but I feel like it’s something that will help
Personally for sleep alone is worth it, won’t lie, I have lost friends who used to invite me out for drinks but nothing beats that clear head & good sleep feeling x

Reactions: 3
I am looking forward to my last couple of glasses of wine later on. Probably starting at 8pm. Looking forward to doing this...

Reactions: 4
Yes why not. I love a craft beer but I feel during lockdown I have not been as active as I was before and I've felt worse in myself drinking the same amount I used to without doing as much exercise.

It's also a good little money saver!

I can't go to work or meet my friends or go out. I might as well do dry January. I did try last year but started drinking on new years day. My last drink will be tonight until Ist February 🙌 I want to do this and start the new year in a healthy way. It will also save me money as well. That money saved can buy me something nice.

Had my last gin and tonic of 2020 at about 6.30 pm.

For those of us who like a non alcoholic beer in the coming month I’ll recommend Ghost Ship, alongside Becks Blue it quenches a thirst when you need one.

In my experience don’t bother with the wine, it’s all shite as is the supposed ‘ just like gin’ stuff , it’s dire.

Becks Blue
Ghost Ship
Heineken.
Lucky Saint.

All great beers.

Wise Bartender is a good place to look for booze free and very low % drinks.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
In my experience don’t bother with the wine, it’s all shite as is the supposed ‘ just like gin’ stuff , it’s dire.

Becks Blue
Ghost Ship
Heineken.
Lucky Saint.

All great beers.

Wise Bartender is a good place to look for booze free and very low % drinks.
Becks blue

Reactions: 1
I’m planning on giving up booze for good. I done two months without drinking at the end of the year but had a few over Christmas.
I have an issue with alcohol. I don’t really drink often but when I do I have to do it to excess and I always get myself in trouble. I’d just rather not deal with the extreme anxiety after drinking and bad stuff that comes along with it anymore.
Roll on dry life!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’m planning on giving up booze for good. I done two months without drinking at the end of the year but had a few over Christmas.
I have an issue with alcohol. I don’t really drink often but when I do I have to do it to excess and I always get myself in trouble. I’d just rather not deal with the extreme anxiety after drinking and bad stuff that comes along with it anymore.
Roll on dry life!
same wasbpretty much teetotal , but then the boyfriend got a bottle of gin from work and we polished it off quit quick. Personally don't really care for much alcohol, but when that G&T hits it's so good. hear hear to dry

Morning all.

I also use the Dry January app , I like to tick off my dry days and have that visual prompt that I’m sticking to my plan.

First day, let’s get it underway😄🫖☕🍵🧋🥤🧃🥛

Reactions: 7
Downloaded the app and I’m going to do this also!
I’ve drank wayyyy to much this year!
Looking forward to a detox!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.