Dry January 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was thinking of trying to see it through til lockdown has ended and things start to open up - can't wait to have a nice bottle of wine or cocktail in a real bar or hotel! The longer I go without drinking, the less I want to drink.
me too! I’m going to see how I go in Feb, but I’m quite looking forward to seeing how I go and deciding not to drink due to not really fancying one and not because I “can’t” thanks to dry Jan

Reactions: 4
The first couple of weekends were the hardest but I’ve got into the flow of it now I think so hopefully will be able to see feb through 🤞🏻 Don’t think I’ve lost anything yet but don’t have scales so who knows!

Apparently it’s going to be May 3rd!

Well done you. That’s a great achievement, especially in lockdown!!
Thank you so much 😊

The first one we were in holiday mode as before all this neither of us were ever at home due to work so we were enjoying ourselves eating and drinking way too much but just making the best of the situation. We did exercise a lot too though, we used to go on really long bike rides then sit drinking cans on the beach hahaha.

Then I went back to work which was stress level 5000 but also the novelty of eating in restaurants again on expenses 🤣

So lockdown round 2 I was like this cannot be a repeat of last time! I do feel a sense of achievement from it but it’s just a bit tit being stuck in the house and I do still feel like does it even make any difference how much I weigh 😂

Still doing this! I have a nice bottle of wine chilling for when I've done this 🍾🥂 Last year I gave up after 1 day 🤣 I am amazed I've got this far 🙌

Last weekend people 🥳 I think I’ll probably drink next weekend as I have a Zoom call with friends and it will be weird if everyone else is drunk.

I haven’t missed it as much as I thought and I hope it’s broken some bad habits of ‘using’ alcohol i.e. when I’ve had a bad day getting hammered as a release.

Reactions: 3
I haven't had a drink since new years eve and now I'm scared of having one and feeling like tit on the next day :LOL:. Really debating going tea total :oops:
Happened to me last year 🤦🏼‍♀️😆 & yeah, I am tee total still hahaha

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m gonna keep going, feel like when I start again should be for a reason, like being out at a bar etc, save some pennies as well, not even tempted anymore

Reactions: 6
One day to go... will be sad to part our ways, everyone. Is it a good idea to arrange another thread, like Dry February or something? ❤💙

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I had some drinks this weekend, as I had planned to. Feel yuk! Defo getting back on the wagon, I feel like I’ve really woken up to his beneficial no drinking is? I’d defo be on for continuing this supportive space ❤ Thank you so much everyone for being amazing! It’s been so helpful!!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I had some drinks on Friday night and finished an open bottle off last night 🤦‍♀️ Just didn’t feel any benefit one bit! I felt rough yesterday too but still managed to go out for a run, god knows how. I saw it as a good punishment! Definitely up for trying Dry February if anyone else is 💕 or at least continuing our little support group for us all trying to maintain cutting back!

• Heart
Got through the longest Jan ever!
well done all. For those that had some drinks well done for cutting down. Going to keep on going and have Feb as a target now as I’ve enjoyed not feeling so fuzzy headed in the mornings. Thanks for all the positive posts keeping morale going💕

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I had some drinks on Friday night and finished an open bottle off last night 🤦‍♀️ Just didn’t feel any benefit one bit! I felt rough yesterday too but still managed to go out for a run, god knows how. I saw it as a good punishment! Definitely up for trying Dry February if anyone else is 💕 or at least continuing our little support group for us all trying to maintain cutting back!
Well done!

I’ll continue to lurk here - I won’t be completely dry in Feb but I will not be drinking on school nights 😬 so would love to keep the thread going and see how everyone is doing.

@SpiceWeasel how’s kitty cat doing?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Well done!

I’ll continue to lurk here - I won’t be completely dry in Feb but I will not be drinking on school nights 😬 so would love to keep the thread going and see how everyone is doing.

@SpiceWeasel how’s kitty cat doing?
I’ve definitely moved on from drinking on school nights too which is a good outcome! Even though I’m off work I stick to my boyfriend’s ‘weekend’ which is currently Friday and Saturday, just so I have a bit of routine otherwise my week can end up a total free for all 🤪

He’s doing great thanks! 💕 We’re back at the vets for a follow up tomorrow pm and I’m pretty sure the vet will be happy with him. I still have to give him antibiotics twice a day for another 2 weeks which isn’t fun for either of us 😂 just so relieved to have him back. He just wasn’t himself but now the character/attitude is back in full force 🤣

• Heart
We’ve done it, boys and girls!! ⭐⭐ Was lovely being here and yes, there is no point in drinking whatsoever. Must admit I’m eating too much chocolate though 🤦🏻‍♀️ Probably compensating. Who do I ask to create new Dry February thread? ❤💙

We’ve done it, boys and girls!! ⭐⭐ Was lovely being here and yes, there is no point in drinking whatsoever. Must admit I’m eating too much chocolate though 🤦🏻‍♀️ Probably compensating. Who do I ask to create new Dry February thread? ❤💙
I’ve also developed a chocolate habit! There are the same number of calories in the Malteasers Orange bunnies I’ve started hoarding as a bottle of IPA. Hmm 😂

Maybe we should just carry on with this thread, or we could see if we could get it renamed to ‘Dry January Class of 2021’ or something 🤣

• Heart
I think a rename works? Actually very excited to make this a longer running habit.

Reactions: 3

Well done all, I have set up a new thread Dry February 2021, with a poll. Thanks.

• Heart
Well done all, I have set up a new thread Dry February 2021, with a poll. Thanks.
Remember to link the new one and report this so it gets locked:)

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.