Votes: 36 42.4%
  • Reduced my intake significantly

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • Reduced my intake moderately

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • Same intake as previous

Votes: 20 23.5%

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well done to all of those who succeeded in Dry January; whether you completely stayed dry, or reduced your alcohol intake.

This thread is for those of us who would like to continue, so we can help motivate each other.

Good luck!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Well done to all of those who succeeded in Dry January; whether you completely stayed dry, or reduced your alcohol intake.

This thread is for those of us who would like to continue, so we can help motivate each other.

Good luck!
Thanks Flower 🌺

Reactions: 4
Thank you! I had a moderate amount of booze this weekend. Apart from that, dry AF 🙌

well done everyone, and excited to continue 😊

Reactions: 6
My booze intake for January fell considerably. But that wasn't because of self-determination, but because when I was in South Africa during most of that period, alcohol was banned by the government. So my access to it was severely reduced. However, on my return to England last weekend I did up my intake, purely out of great need.

All things being equal I will make a far more determined effort to go dry(ish) for February. Won't be perfect, but even a small reduction is better than no reduction at all.

Reactions: 8
Just set my new goal in the try dry app for feb. It defo helped me to tick off the days on the calendar on the app daily.

Reactions: 5
I am proud of myself for staying off drink for January. I really struggled this weekend but managed not to drink! Unfortunately I feel no better but am going to keep it going

Reactions: 7
Well done everyone, like a few others i upped my chocolate intake, but I was really pleased with how i did. The impluse to have a drink when my other half does is gone, the impluse to have one at 5.30pm is gone. I did have two drinks during January but I'm not upset not to have gone the whole hog. One was during a lovely relaxing bath during self iso, the other was as part of a cocktail night for a friends bday where the cocktail sounded nice and i'd never had anything like it before so decided to have just the one; it was great. I thought i'd feel more FOMO in a situation where everyone else was drinking but I didn't. I'm not going 100% dry for Feb but I'm going to stick to weekends only and reduced consumption if i do drink (max 3 a weekend).

I really wanted to do dry January but ended up have a drink NYD & then after my first week back at work I had a drink on 8th Jan. Other than those two days I’ve not touched a drop. I am wanting to attempt the same for February, allowing myself one night as back up incase work stress etc. Well done to everyone on their journey,

I’m also over a year smoke free (cold turkey) and attempting to lose weight, slowly very slowly coming off for a mega fatty but still id like to think I’m trying my best for a healthier lifestyle!

Anyway take care everyone!

• Heart
Thank you so much for this thread! I’d like to do Dry Feb I think to keep going!
There’s a new Robinsons cordial (lime and mint) that if you put fizzy water in tastes like a mojito! 🥰

I've completed my Dry January goal 🙌I noticed I was eating more sweet things than normal. I will have a drink this weekend. Good luck everyone with Dry February 👏

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yay love this!!

I am planning to significantly cut down my alcohol intake for Feb. One thing is I have done daily yoga throughout January and it has changed my outlook on life and I feel amazing and I only really get to do it at 8pm when kids in bed and I 100% cannot practice if I have been boozing which pre january would be at least 4 evenings a week. So yeah it is mostly for that reason.

Tonight I am drinking a sparkling rose grape juice from coop. It's very sweet!

Loving all the non alcohol alternatives. I do like Becks Blue. I'm normally a wine drinker, but have never found an alternative. Did buy a bottle of Seedlip gin, expensive; don't particularly care for it.

Signing in for my dry Feb :)

whenever I failed at dry Jan (every year for about the past 5 years) I used to hate people that said this, but I really do feel great for not drinking. I’ve barely been anxious at all. Coupled with a month of weight watchers I’ve also lost 18lbs - now just the same to go again! If I can stay off the booze and stick to fat club I’m hoping I’ll be a new woman by Easter.

• Heart
Signing in for my dry Feb :)

whenever I failed at dry Jan (every year for about the past 5 years) I used to hate people that said this, but I really do feel great for not drinking. I’ve barely been anxious at all. Coupled with a month of weight watchers I’ve also lost 18lbs - now just the same to go again! If I can stay off the booze and stick to fat club I’m hoping I’ll be a new woman by Easter.
Wow! 18lbs is amazing, well done you. I have also lost weight in January. In fact, my pyjama bottoms slid off when I was going downstairs last week. Initially I thought the elastic was going, but no; I am losing weight!!😁

I noticed that M&S do alcohol free wines yesterday, red white and rose. When I looked it said the alcohol is pressed out of them, so they still have the same taste.

I did dry Jan and then at the end found out I was pregnant so it’ll be a dry 9 months for me 😂 I’ve got some Nosecco for Valentine’s Day though and might give the M&S wine a try at some point.

• Heart
My wife and I managed to get through January and both lost 8lbs each so we are going to try and get through February booze free too. Friday might be a problem as it’s my birthday.

I noticed that M&S do alcohol free wines yesterday, red white and rose. When I looked it said the alcohol is pressed out of them, so they still have the same taste.

I did dry Jan and then at the end found out I was pregnant so it’ll be a dry 9 months for me 😂 I’ve got some Nosecco for Valentine’s Day though and might give the M&S wine a try at some point.
Congratulations! 😊

Reactions: 3

Congrats!!!

Reactions: 3