Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

megsmagoo

VIP Member
I’ve had about 35ish hours, boyfriend has had 40. We both did the theory earlyish to get it out the way. I think 40 is about the average but I think I’ll probably have about 10 more when I can to get ready for the test after the break, hopefully won’t be terrible 🙄

megsmagoo

VIP Member
For those who are learning, have you heard anything about lessons restarting for non essential workers? Test is supposed to be the 10th July which is seeming less likely now if I can’t have lessons, would much rather postpone

CosmicCreepers

Chatty Member
90 hours of lessons (2 hours each) and passed third time. I was extremely anxious at the beginning and my let down was being very hesitant. Not driven since January as I don't need to. Hoping to get back into it by driving my dads car over summer. Never been on a motorway and the thought terrifies me so I will definitely need to go back to an instructor before I even attempt that. I had a female instructor because I knew I'd be more comfortable (just personal preference).

Greygardener

Chatty Member
I didnt realise automatic cars were such a big thing here that people did lessons just on that, that's surprised me.

Casperron

VIP Member
I Was in the middle of learning, obviously very passed off now. I’m doing automatic, it’s easier and quicker to learn.

Vee6

VIP Member
I passed my test in september in an automatic. I had many lessons in a manual, and despite everyone telling me not too i switched to automatic, and never looked back!
Learning to drive was the most terrifying thing i have ever done. It has taken until now to not feel nervous doing my usual routes. I only drive to work and short distances and i doubt i will ever drive on the motorway. So glad i did it

katiex

Definitely try get insured on a family members car and go for lessons with them as well. It really gets you more used to driving. However would recommend to only go on quiet roads to begin with as obviously you wouldn’t have the comfort of knowing the instructor also has control if something goes wrong.

pinkem

I've been having a lesson a week since October - so I've had about 20 lessons. My uncle who is a driving instructor is teaching me and I'm finding it okay. I've never wanted to learn how to drive but understand it will definitely help me when I have children and if I wanted a career change or to move further away from work as I walk there and back currently... At first I absolutely hated it and found it so stressful and tiring but just before the lockdown I really felt I was coming on leaps and bounds and had started doing manoeuvres and driving around the test area roads..

Still haven't done my theory but can pass the majority of the questions and practice tests online (I use a theory practice app also, worth every penny spent on it) so the first thing I'm going to do when you can book them is exactly that.

Fortunate enough to be using this time to save every last spare penny to be able to buy my first car, so I can hopefully start practicing more often!

How many lessons (or hours spent on learning) is the average? I'm hoping I'm a little over half way through my learning now and would like to have passed before October! Also, does anybody think it would get me there quicker if I upped the lessons to twice a week?