Drag Race UK

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why do you say her drag is Vegan? I don't see that at all. I see someone who thinks outside the box and isn't clichéd to be honest. Not much has been linked to vegans I don't think
I think some people will see Bimini as annoyingly woke, just because she has a combination of beliefs and aesthetic that they associate with being (or just flat out deem) “woke”. They will dislike her drag based on their dislike for that type of person, and will assume that because she has voiced that particular set of beliefs, she will be annoying as duck about them, because they think that “woke” people generally are. People think that the BBC will favour this type of person.

She’s probably had less air time talking about veganism in the whole show than Lawrence has when she’s complained about being treated unfairly in the last few episodes, and she is quite self-aware about the veganism thing. In and out of drag, they care a lot about it, but they recognise that they go on and so they joke about it.

Reactions: 8
Every time Ellie was on screen as Dot, I kept thinking it was Julie Walters as Mrs Overall. She looked ace.

Reactions: 7
I love Bimini and Tayce - Bimini just seems so creative and fun. Tayce makes me laugh. Would love a night out with both of them. I’d love Bimini to win

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Tayce gets such a hard time. Do you think this is because they want us to think she isn't going to do well but actually come out on top?

Reactions: 6
That challenge was on the long side for me... got to the point where each scene change I was rolling my eyes

Reactions: 5
Beastenders fell a bit flat for me- it would have been better if there were more queens and roles I think- part of the soap charm is that there’s a lot of characters who know everyone’s business etc and I think production missed the mark on this one.
I’m well and truly sold as team Bimini- can’t believe I wanted her to go home on ep 1.

Reactions: 15
I think that all of Ellie’s silhouettes are the same - I can’t believe she hasn’t been called out on it by Michelle in particular. Love all the others and don’t mind who wins, but you have to respect the journey that Bimini has been on (especially when you think back to THAT tape in week 1!).

Reactions: 16
Omg you can tell Graham is like bleeping send Ellie home will you 😂
I actually thought Graham had been briefed that he needed to be critical of Ellie so she would have to lip sync and Lawrence would be safe, even though Lawrence clearly deserved a roasting for being so terrible with his lines. The Lawrence favouritism is too much.

I think it comes across that Ru just doesn’t like Tayce for some reason 😔

Also I don’t always trust this whole ‘this doesn’t fit the brief’ after learning from the queens that some of the categories can change once they get there! For example, the ‘monster mash up’ was said bring a mash up of your 2 favourite fancy dress costumes - which is why some weren’t as ‘monster’ as others. How do we know they didn’t just say pantomime? I seriously have no trust left for the show 😂

Also, can anyone correct me if I’m wrong but has Ellie always work that exact same shape/size wig style and nearly always white blonde? I can’t think of many times she’s switched it up like the others and that would 100% usually be clocked by Michelle. I call bullshit 😌😌😌

Reactions: 11
These acting challenges are so tedious, I really wish we had more design challenges, all the acting and musical challenges don't give the Queens enough room to demonstrate their creativity imo.

I think that all of Ellie’s silhouettes are the same - I can’t believe she hasn’t been called out on it by Michelle in particular. Love all the others and don’t mind who wins, but you have to respect the journey that Bimini has been on (especially when you think back to THAT tape in week 1!).
Bimini makes me laugh the most but I do like the attitude that Tayce shows (ie get on with it) but at the same time they always do the skimpy look and I would’ve like to have seen a more grandiose outfit at some point to step out of that box.

Reactions: 4
Also I don’t always trust this whole ‘this doesn’t fit the brief’ after learning from the queens that some of the categories can change once they get there! For example, the ‘monster mash up’ was said bring a mash up of your 2 favourite fancy dress costumes - which is why some weren’t as ‘monster’ as others. How do we know they didn’t just say pantomime? I seriously have no trust left for the show 😂
I read that last week's runway was briefed as "stones" and not "stoned on the runway" which is quite a different vibe. I think Bimini tweeted it actually - they mentioned it'd have been good to see someone come out as a stoner but that wasn't really the brief. So you'll have the likes of Lawrence coming out as rocks/stones which seemed odd if the runway was "stoned" but it makes sense given what they were told!

I also thought this week's runway was panto so thought the Tayce critique was a bit unfair. Panto DAME is super specific. The other three all had similar looks, in a way - big dresses, clowny makeup and big knickers 😂

Ru and Michelle scratching their heads at British soap opera and pantomime culture whilst pretending to 'get it' :ROFLMAO: So glad Alan is back judging the final next week, can't be doing with GRAM. I'll be sad when the series finishes, those lockdown laughs were much needed!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I didn't even realise Bimini was a vegan until last night.
Neither did I. I know it was mentioned someone was in the first episode but I didn’t know any names then, so I couldn’t remember who it was.

I haven’t really enjoyed this series very much to be honest. The challenges haven’t really grabbed me. Hated Rats the Rusical!

Bimini to win for me, she’s the most interesting. Really like Tayce & Ellie seems quite sweet, but their looks are generally not as strong as the other two. The Lawrence stuff last week put me off her. She was the most literal pantomime dame though, she always fits the brief really well (although as someone else said, who knows what the briefs to them actually are)

Reactions: 1
My housemates and I were talking last night as we were watching it, and I think this year the problem is that there is less consistency across the board. Last year, although Baga, Divina and Vivienne were the frontrunners, the other queens were (mostly) consistently good and all on the same level ish? Whereas I feel this year there's a bigger divide in the quality of the queens and it's really obvious when you're comparing some of the finalists to the others.
Anyways, #teambimini.

Reactions: 1
Bimini or Tayce to win, I just love them both, they’re both hilarious, talented and excellent performers. I’d be happy for either to win. Depending on the challenge, I think Ellie will be 4th, Lawrence 3rd, and then between my faves hopefully. Tayce has a good chance on this against LC and ED as from the preview it involves performance/dance.

I thought Lawerence and Bimini were both great tonight. I don't care if lines were forgotten as it's the final product that counts. Plus Lawerence was pantomime dame goals. Happy for either to win.

Tayce is so beautiful. Genuinely one of the most stunning Queens they have ever had on Drag Race IMO 😍

I really enjoyed Beastenders. For some reason it really tickled me when Ellie pulled the phone out of her bag 😂 bit annoyed at the bottom 2 and the double shantay. I also hated the song choice, it always makes me cringe when you see queens dancing around in strange outfits to a crap song

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.