Dr Joshua Wolrich - Drjoshuawolrich

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder how being anti diet and weight loss works when working for the nhs as the nhs seems to be very pro weight loss and diet. He's training to become a surgeon and i wonder how being a surgeon who is anti weight loss works. I would of thought that there would be guidelines how much a patient should weigh in order to be able to have surgery. I wonder what he would do if a patient was over the limit. Would he tell them to lose weight even though it goes against his personal views.

Reactions: 4
is he still with his girlfriend? Haven't seen any mention of her for quite some time. Must admit I didn’t want to post asking him why he is with a VERY slim girl is he is so fat positive all the time, oddly enough I didn’t get a reply 😂 he just says all this for the 'gram.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Everything he does is for content. He will jump on any bandwagon for exposure and wokeness. So much of what he promotes goes against nhs guidelines. With covid being such a risk for overweight people surely his professional ethics would prevent him bashing anyone promoting healthy eating/diets. He's patronising and preachy and the very definition of white privilege.

He is also notorious for sending his followers (mainly middle aged women) to attack anyone he doesn't agree with.

Reactions: 11
I like him, I don't always agree with him, but I like him.
I don't agree with whoever said he sends his followers 'mainly middle-aged women' to attack. He will often be tagged in posts before he talks about them and has, on numerous occasions, said by all means challenge but don't be rude or aggressive.
I'm nearly sure there's tension between himself and James Smith. James was asked about him in a Q&A once and said Dr Joshua has blocked him....not sure what happened there though.

Reactions: 2
He recently ended up getting into a argument with justin bieber on instagram over a post justin made about how food is medicine and how changing his diet helped his mental health. Dr josh made a comment on the post disagreeing with it and then justin reposted the comment with caption bro literally duck off lol to his instagram stories.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The NHS itself is abit twisted with weight; giving away memberships to diet clubs as a business deal, when its proven they dont work for example. He can have his personal views, but it gets hazy when hes built his platform as a face of the NHS.

The NHS itself is abit twisted with weight; giving away memberships to diet clubs as a business deal, when its proven they dont work for example. He can have his personal views, but it gets hazy when hes built his platform as a face of the NHS.
They are but they do offer services ran by dieticians and nutritionists. Some areas must have deals with SW/WW but you can ask to be seen by a weight loss professional and not some random who lost the weight and has been all over The Scum newspaper.

Reactions: 3
They are but they do offer services ran by dieticians and nutritionists. Some areas must have deals with SW/WW but you can ask to be seen by a weight loss professional and not some random who lost the weight and has been all over The Scum newspaper.
My surgery dishes out the SW/WW stuff. I remember years ago, the go to was to see the dietician. It should be the norm, rather than these yo-yo diet clubs

Reactions: 1
My surgery dishes out the SW/WW stuff. I remember years ago, the go to was to see the dietician. It should be the norm, rather than these yo-yo diet clubs
You have to specifically ask for it, I was referred on Friday after I found the information online. I’m not sure what they don’t do referrals to dieticians, it’s probably due to cost. I’m sure WW/SW offer the service at cost.

Reactions: 1
Maybe the reason weight watchers and things are offered first is due to the system being overwhelmed and not enough dieticians to cover the case load 🤷🏼‍♀️. Not sure how it works in community but in the clinical setting it is a relatively small dietician team that rotates the case load in that setting.

Maybe the reason weight watchers and things are offered first is due to the system being overwhelmed and not enough dieticians to cover the case load 🤷🏼‍♀️. Not sure how it works in community but in the clinical setting it is a relatively small dietician team that rotates the case load in that setting.
Yeah, id say its definitely a factor!

I think the attitude towards obesity is too tunnel-visioned. People know how to lose weight, its what causes them to overeat/binge thats the issue. The cycles of emotional eating are horrible. Anorexia is often said to be about control, it would be good if there was more understanding shown to the opposite end of the scale. Its not always just 'greed/laziness'. Thats my rambling for this morning 😂🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Recently he went in a witch hunt against a local branch of the charity mind as they made a post on instagram about losing weight and the nhs weight loss scheme set up by the government. Of course him and his followers then went and attacked the post and the charity for suggesting weight loss. The post was eventually deleted. People were saying that a mental health charity shouldn't promote weight loss and how the post was harmful for people with eating disorders.
I have mental health issues which led to a massive weight gain. I focused on sorting my mental health (which I’ve done) and now it’s time to tackle the weight because no matter what anyone says, carrying around a lot of extra weight (my case 5st) is not healthy. Not for me, my body, my joints, my organs, my kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I have mental health issues which led to a massive weight gain. I focused on sorting my mental health (which I’ve done) and now it’s time to tackle the weight because no matter what anyone says, carrying around a lot of extra weight (my case 5st) is not healthy. Not for me, my body, my joints, my organs, my kids.
I’m glad you’re getting on better. Good luck with the weight loss, you can do this!

I enjoy Josh's content. He can be a bit preachy but on the whole he is fairly spot on. I am a tall slim size 8 but I eat reasonably well but don't exercise other than running around after young kids. One of my sisters is a size 22, eats well (obviously more calories than she burns) but not sugary junk but she runs 10k 4 times a week. Has perfect BP, cholesterol etc. Her pregnancies and deliveries easy and trouble free. I thin we often judge a book by its cover without checking the full story

Reactions: 13
I see he's now got into coffee and making and drinking different types of coffee. He sure does come across as a privileged middle class pretentious twit.

Reactions: 7
I started following him at the start of lockdown on the recommendation of a friend. I do like him, but I skip through a lot of his weight shaming stories because in those he comes across as fake