Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
Honestly I absolutely love him. He provides such a plethora of evidence based knowledge that I believe to be invaluable. I was disappointed to learn he is religious (albeit he doesn't preach about it). It's evident he supports feminism (another reason I'm such an advocate of his), but as with all Abrahamic religions it is fiercely misogynistic, so it could come across as really quite hypocritical to his beliefs. Also with him being a doctor and his continued use of scientific based evidence (the acknowledgement science exists) flies in the face of being religious and thinking there's a mystical fellow in the sky. It really doesn't make sense, but as previously stated he doesn't preach about it, which is why I have remained such an advocate.
Our local vicar is also a scientist. Until a few years ago he worked part time in our local hospitals lab and part time as a vicar. He now does his vicaring full time. He is very insistent that science and religion can work alongside each other.

He's also very accepting of other religions and cultures. Him and his wife run a food and clothing bank from one of his 3 churches. They do a fabulous job and accept anyone who needs their help, regardless of religion.

As well as this, he has no issues with homosexuality. He's performed religious blessings for homosexual couples on several occasions.

I know this is slightly off on a tangent, I think I'm just trying to point out that some people have a very outdated view of religious people. I get that some are arseholes but you can say that for most groups of people. Many are very open minded and accepting...more so than some people on here it would seem.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

TheWitchIsBack

VIP Member
I hate him, I hate his superiority complex, I hate his girlfriend’s jaw line and smug demeanour, I hate that he’s a bigger prick than his pet hedgehog, I hate that he’s trying to pretend to be interested in the health of the country when he’d deep throat James Smith himself for a 15 minute slot on TV.... in summary, I hate him.

• Haha
Reactions: 25

Missoula18

Chatty Member
Not sure why him being religious would influence whether you follow him or not from the point of view of him being a health related page, considering he at no point has ever forced his religion on anybody.

Reactions: 23

TheWitchIsBack

VIP Member
Self-righteous, patronising and absolutely desperate for fame. The way he arse-kisses bigger accounts to increase his following is so transparent to me.

I agree with a lot of his messages but his attitude stinks and you just know he’d be a right stuck up git in person as he speaks down to all of Instagram like he’s the overlord of medicine. In reality he’s a junior doctor who wants a career in tv rather than the front line.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Budgiesmuggler

VIP Member
I haven't noticed any mention of religion on his page, but I do understand the unfollow if he has. 🤷‍♀️

But yeah not everyone can follow IE. Especially if they need to lose weight. It's eating intuitivly which has got them into that state to begin with. What they need is better education around nutrition.
He has never once preached about his ir any other religion, he mentioned that he plays in his Christian church band along the libs of “ things you don’t know about me” questions etc so for that as a reason to unfollow is pretty ignorant.

Reactions: 21
I like him, I think he is kind and honest and tries to steer people right.

I keep reading he is ‘only a junior doctor’ but that is doing that rank a disservice. You can have 10 years of practice under your belt and still be a junior, it takes many years to work up to a consultant role.
‘Dr’s Wife’ on Instagram showed just how much time and effort went into her husbands journey.

Reactions: 19

JombleWomble

VIP Member
I’m at hospitals pretty often in a week, most of the staff leave in their scrubs as they just want to get out the door. They really don’t even think about people realising what they do, nowadays a nurse (male) looks like a surgeon anyway.
I work in healthcare and was the infection control lead at my old job. People absolutely shouldn't be leaving work in scrubs. The whole point of scrubs is infection control, that is literally why scrubs exist! If "most" of the staff in your hospital are ignoring this then that suggests a training need. And yes I've worked long shifts with no breaks so I know exactly how desperate they are to get home, doesn't make it OK to ignore basic hygiene 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 19

TheWitchIsBack

VIP Member
I like him, seems honest and evidence-based by and large. Don’t think he is trying to be famous, I think his cause is genuine.

He can be a bit smug/snide... but I sort of think he has to be to combat the extent of misinformation out there.
You don’t think he’s trying to be famous? Have you seen his page? His entire goal in life is to be a tv doctor. If he had any interest whatsoever in being a positive force on the medical community he’d focus on being a competent, experienced doctor with the respect of his peers instead of an absolute Fanny who cuts about his house wearing scrubs to film social media content.

His arrogance is beyond off putting and while there’s no denying achieving his medical degree is a fantastic achievement the best doctors are born out of lived experience and working under fantastic mentors. A degree is a small proportion of what makes a doctor yet he’s waving his around like some twatty little school boy. All the gear and no idea.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Missoula18

Chatty Member
I used to like this guy, he calls out all the bull surrounding fad diets eg juicing. And don't get me wrong I still think it's great that he's doing that, because people need educating on these things. However have unfollowed because it feels like now he rips apart anybody who follows a "diet", I wish he would realise that some people need the structure of a recognised weight management plan such as Weight Watchers or slimming world. I don't know why he spend so much of his time on this. He bangs on about intuitive eating but not everybody can do this.

Reactions: 18

Reraciara

Chatty Member
He's put up a Q&A thingy so I've asked him about the scrubs in public thing again. It's so irresponsible for someone with such a big platform to act as though this is OK, especially during a pandemic! (I know he might have put on clean ones to go shopping but if that's the case then he should explicitly explain that!)
If hes putting on clean scrubs to walk around Sainsburys he's a bigger dickhead than i ever thought he could be.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Runningtap

Had the unfortunate pleasure of working with this tool in a past role and can confirm he’s super unpleasant and incredibly arrogant.

All about the money and ‘his brand’: he sues people right, left and centre as well.

We first worked with him when he wasn’t even qualified, had very few followers, no audience or brand presence as he had a great message and story but it sadly has been lost through greed, arrogance and ego…unlike Hazel Wallace who is as lovely as she was before she qualified!

• Wow

Moniker

VIP Member
Joshua can't resist being smug about his one month old baby.
"I know most babies don't fall in to a routine but our one month old has".
All the LOLZ.
The beauty and horror of babies is that they'll school you 'til the cows come home on turning everything on its head just as soon as you think you've got basic shit figured out. Which is pointed out to him in the comments by some of his followers.

• Haha

Clapster1

Chatty Member
I too once liked him but his post today saying if he wasn't away (on a free, gifted, break in the carribean) he'd be striking with his colleagues is incredibly tone deaf. I am astonished he thinks that is solidarity! 🤯

Reactions: 16

FabledGirl

He isnt truthful about his qualifications. He calls himself a surgeon which is not true, hes a junior doctor in the NHS. And some of the stuff he says is not right, he doesn't know about food, he's not a dietician

• Wow

TheWitchIsBack

VIP Member
The fact he’s gotten a professional headshot wearing scrubs and a stethoscope after a fresh blow dry makes me want to laugh myself to death. Fucking self righteous wanker.

• Haha

Mumz2010

9D8862F2-5C37-4DB0-B780-4F7040BA486C.png

He’s at it again...at home...in his scrubs 🙄 bet he stares at himself in the mirror while he Dr Wankriches all over himself. Makes it even more cringe the fact he’s on a year out to study and write his book- he’s not even clinical and still stealing scrubs to wear at home for his Insta ad breaks!!!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

Sunnie.lass

Honestly I absolutely love him. He provides such a plethora of evidence based knowledge that I believe to be invaluable. I was disappointed to learn he is religious (albeit he doesn't preach about it). It's evident he supports feminism (another reason I'm such an advocate of his), but as with all Abrahamic religions it is fiercely misogynistic, so it could come across as really quite hypocritical to his beliefs. Also with him being a doctor and his continued use of scientific based evidence (the acknowledgement science exists) flies in the face of being religious and thinking there's a mystical fellow in the sky. It really doesn't make sense, but as previously stated he doesn't preach about it, which is why I have remained such an advocate.

Reactions: 15