Dr Joshua Wolrich - Drjoshuawolrich

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Self-righteous, patronising and absolutely desperate for fame. The way he arse-kisses bigger accounts to increase his following is so transparent to me.

I agree with a lot of his messages but his attitude stinks and you just know he’d be a right stuck up git in person as he speaks down to all of Instagram like he’s the overlord of medicine. In reality he’s a junior doctor who wants a career in tv rather than the front line.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Honestly I absolutely love him. He provides such a plethora of evidence based knowledge that I believe to be invaluable. I was disappointed to learn he is religious (albeit he doesn't preach about it). It's evident he supports feminism (another reason I'm such an advocate of his), but as with all Abrahamic religions it is fiercely misogynistic, so it could come across as really quite hypocritical to his beliefs. Also with him being a doctor and his continued use of scientific based evidence (the acknowledgement science exists) flies in the face of being religious and thinking there's a mystical fellow in the sky. It really doesn't make sense, but as previously stated he doesn't preach about it, which is why I have remained such an advocate.

Reactions: 15
I can't stand him. There's just something about him that makes him unlikable. It seems like he jumped on the anti diet and weight loss health at every size bandwagon as soon as it was becoming popular. It seems like one minute he was fine with weight loss and even had a article on the daily mail about him losing 4 stone as he didn't want to be seen as hypocritical and wanted to set a good example to his patients. Then in the next minute he's suddenly become anti diet and weight loss. I think he just wants to become another Instagram famous doctor and is trying to do so by spreading a anti diet message.

Reactions: 12

Yel

Seems to be the kind of person that values likes and views over medical ethics.

I agree with lots of what he says, but it's more worrying the dodgy stuff he spouts.

Reactions: 9
I really cannot decide whether I like him or not. I unfollowed him about a year ago but followed him again recently. Not sure why...

Reactions: 3
I've been undecided about him but I did cringe massively when I saw him posing with that flipping "bodyposipanda" woman not so long ago.

Reactions: 4
Honestly I absolutely love him. He provides such a plethora of evidence based knowledge that I believe to be invaluable. I was disappointed to learn he is religious (albeit he doesn't preach about it). It's evident he supports feminism (another reason I'm such an advocate of his), but as with all Abrahamic religions it is fiercely misogynistic, so it could come across as really quite hypocritical to his beliefs. Also with him being a doctor and his continued use of scientific based evidence (the acknowledgement science exists) flies in the face of being religious and thinking there's a mystical fellow in the sky. It really doesn't make sense, but as previously stated he doesn't preach about it, which is why I have remained such an advocate.
Our local vicar is also a scientist. Until a few years ago he worked part time in our local hospitals lab and part time as a vicar. He now does his vicaring full time. He is very insistent that science and religion can work alongside each other.

He's also very accepting of other religions and cultures. Him and his wife run a food and clothing bank from one of his 3 churches. They do a fabulous job and accept anyone who needs their help, regardless of religion.

As well as this, he has no issues with homosexuality. He's performed religious blessings for homosexual couples on several occasions.

I know this is slightly off on a tangent, I think I'm just trying to point out that some people have a very outdated view of religious people. I get that some are arseholes but you can say that for most groups of people. Many are very open minded and accepting...more so than some people on here it would seem.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
It annoys me when anyone of influence on insta does the surprise dog gift then tells other people not to do it because they aren’t just for Xmas/birthdays. Erm ok then just you can do that yeah. Also it’s lockdown no one needs to be travelling to get a new animal IMO

Reactions: 13
I feel like he has just jumped onto this body positivity bandwagon and loves to spout anti diet rhetoric to keep that audience happy. He has consistently denied any links between obesity and various illnesses which just seems nuts to me. It’s pretty obvious and well documented that obesity makes you a high risk factor for loads of issues and it’s an irresponsible line to take as a Dr.

I just find him overly smug and arrogant, he is a junior dr yet carries on like he is a consultant in any medical field he fancies opining on.

Reactions: 12
Used to follow him, but he started making me cringe more and more so I stopped. He definitely is abit smug.

Reactions: 8
He is very into himself and not a day goes by when he doesn't remind everyone he's a surgeon (he's actually a jnr dr). He's worked very hard to build a social media presence and like most drs on Insta these days he's happy to cash in on Insta fame brought on by covid. Even before that though he always aspired to becoming more of a celeb dr. I supported following ages ago because he was starting to sound like he'd developed the god complex so many drs suffer from.

My own gp is also on Insta and i was surprised that although she's not around for appointments she's done daily insta lives, press interviews etc with various bloggers and news agencies.

Reactions: 9
I find it hypocritical how he has been telling his followers to follow the lockdown guidelines but yet he's gone and got a dog during the lockdown. I don't see how getting a dog during the lockdown is essential and would be allowed under the rules. Surley you would think that especially as he is a doctor he would practice what he preaches and set a example to his followers.

Reactions: 8
Self-righteous, patronising and absolutely desperate for fame. The way he arse-kisses bigger accounts to increase his following is so transparent to me.

I agree with a lot of his messages but his attitude stinks and you just know he’d be a right stuck up git in person as he speaks down to all of Instagram like he’s the overlord of medicine. In reality he’s a junior doctor who wants a career in tv rather than the front line.
Agreed 100%.

Reactions: 2
He seems very young in a lot of ways, like considering the profession. It’s like just wait a few years mate

Reactions: 5
I find it hypocritical how he has been telling his followers to follow the lockdown guidelines but yet he's gone and got a dog during the lockdown. I don't see how getting a dog during the lockdown is essential and would be allowed under the rules. Surley you would think that especially as he is a doctor he would practice what he preaches and set a example to his followers.
He didn’t say how he got the dog, if he went to pick it up then not an essential journey. But breeders were allowed to deliver or courier puppies. Also he said he’d been planning it for a while so I’d like to hope he’d had a deposit on the puppy before lockdown, rather than went out and found one during.....again that but was brushed over
I do like him though, I don’t think he necessarily says obesity doesn’t cause issues all the time but he does deal with weight stigma very well and people refusing to see doctors or their weight being immediately blamed on their size. Am I totally comfortable with him being represented by the same agency that looks after Zanna Van Dijk etc....jury is out on that one

Reactions: 2
He isnt truthful about his qualifications. He calls himself a surgeon which is not true, hes a junior doctor in the NHS. And some of the stuff he says is not right, he doesn't know about food, he's not a dietician
He has said before that he only gives his thoughts and experiences when it comes to food because he is not a dietitian. He was overweight himself so mentions that sometimes.

Reactions: 3