Dr Joshua Wolrich - Drjoshuawolrich

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He started off ok but now he’s unbearable. I unfollowed about election time when he started telling us who to vote for. Debate is always welcome but you can’t just hector people into following an instruction.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I like him, I think he is kind and honest and tries to steer people right.

I keep reading he is ‘only a junior doctor’ but that is doing that rank a disservice. You can have 10 years of practice under your belt and still be a junior, it takes many years to work up to a consultant role.
‘Dr’s Wife’ on Instagram showed just how much time and effort went into her husbands journey.

Reactions: 19
I like him, I think he is kind and honest and tries to steer people right.

I keep reading he is ‘only a junior doctor’ but that is doing that rank a disservice. You can have 10 years of practice under your belt and still be a junior, it takes many years to work up to a consultant role.
‘Dr’s Wife’ on Instagram showed just how much time and effort went into her husbands journey.
I don’t think anyone’s doing junior doctors a disservice or trying to demean that role whatsoever, it’s more how pompous and superior he behaves like he’s the leading expert on medicine in the UK. He goes on like he knows everything and is so utterly patronising but he’s not mastered his speciality yet and isn’t a qualified orthopaedic surgeon. If he reigned in the aloof manner it wouldn’t be so painful.

Reactions: 9
Completely agree with this. I'm a nurse, not to be much longer, and it just doesn't sit right with me. You have to be so careful what you say, how you behave etc etc. He had a run in with danielle lloyd not long ago...rightly so because she's an idiot and was spouting on how great keto is with no medical knowledge..but she said she was going to report him to the GMC and I just couldn't be bothered with that due to some has been WAG.

Reactions: 9
Jumping on band wagons is his speciality, he is the very definition of white privilege. He's criticising jk Rowling in his stories because she dared to challenge someone on Twitter referring to us as 'humans who menstruate'. I'm appalled. As a dr if he can't see that women should be allowed to be called woman/ female/her then he seriously needs to check his medical training. What a bleeping idiot.

Reactions: 10
Jumping on band wagons is his speciality, he is the very definition of white privilege. He's criticising jk Rowling in his stories because she dared to challenge someone on Twitter referring to us as 'humans who menstruate'. I'm appalled. As a dr if he can't see that women should be allowed to be called woman/ female/her then he seriously needs to check his medical training. What a bleeping idiot.
Its more about being inclusive to the trans community. Though it is frustrating to see this almost dismantling of womanhood. As though woman is a dirty word. But I am ignorant to the complexities of the gender/sex debates.

Reactions: 2
Jk is absolutely right in her comments and tweets. As women why can't we be called women any more? I am pro trans but not at the expense of the rights of myself and my daughter and if it means the dismantling of statutory safeguards for women. Also, I don't want to be defined by my biological makeup. If we called trans men sperm creators we would be vilified.

Reactions: 14
Jk is absolutely right in her comments and tweets. As women why can't we be called women any more? I am pro trans but not at the expense of the rights of myself and my daughter and if it means the dismantling of statutory safeguards for women. Also, I don't want to be defined by my biological makeup. If we called trans men sperm creators we would be vilified.
I agree. I just never feel I can articulate it well.

Reactions: 2
It's difficult to discuss because we've been accused of committing hate crimes if we challenge the erosion of our rights. So I do agree with you, it's difficult to articulate. That's why I applaud jk, Martina Navratilova and other prominent women who have taken on the battle at great cost to themselves and incessant social media bullying.

Reactions: 6
Don’t normally stray from the family area of tattle but happened to notice his name and was interested to see what people thought of him.

I’ve had the displeasure of meeting and working with him through my job in the past and can confirm he’s fame hungry, money hungry and incredibly difficult to work with due to his self importance and arrogance. Scrolling through his feed I can also see he’s done a 180 on his opinions - which is fine but he shouldn’t forget where his platform came from in my opinion.

That being said I’d take his insight and knowledge over the pop up PTs and nutritionalists who appear everyday (and have often got their qualifications from a Groupon deal (Elle Darby!))

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Oh that's some tea! I agree that he's fame hungry and he doesn't hide it, he was fizzing with glee when he was nominated for an Insta award. He's itching to get on the tv but I think he's arrogant and disliked. Also he is the very definition of white privilege with his commentary and opinion on every single political issue and is a serial bandwagonner.
Very easy for him to preach about the perils of dieting and diet culture from a position of thinness. But he doesn't see this at all.

Reactions: 8
Oh that's some tea! I agree that he's fame hungry and he doesn't hide it, he was fizzing with glee when he was nominated for an Insta award. He's itching to get on the tv but I think he's arrogant and disliked. Also he is the very definition of white privilege with his commentary and opinion on every single political issue and is a serial bandwagonner.
Very easy for him to preach about the perils of dieting and diet culture from a position of thinness. But he doesn't see this at all.
I agree with everything you say, however he did lose a lot of weight and is maintaining his loss. He used to be very big.

Reactions: 3
I find him unbearable now and I find he approaches things in quite an emotional and arrogant way; this is why he has to often retract and rephrase a lot of his content. An example was telling us all of the people claiming that their oxygen saturation’s drop by wearing face masks and how there was no excuse and people should be wearing them full stop! Then he had to rephrase and mentioned about all the people who have special dispensation eg mental health, certain respiratory conditions that worsen with a mask. This isn’t the only time this has happened just this one really annoyed me.
I am a nurse and I work in the acute setting and can assure you have had a good few experiences with medics like Dr Josh. I have also worked with ppe on constantly for the last 5 months but I don’t go around shouting at people to wear a face mask. I take an unbiased, compassionate approach to encourage people to wear a mask where possible as this is my professional code I’m bound by but also I’m not a twit either in my personal life.
Sorry rant over.

Reactions: 13
I loved him at first but now he just likes the insta fame. Bangs on about diets not working and how we should all be body positive but am pretty sure his account started as a weight loss one and pretty easy to bash diets once you’ve lost the weight (think he lost 5stone). Plus doesn’t he make out that he’s a consultant when he most definitely isn’t! Thank god I haven’t come across a doctor like him!

Reactions: 10
Recently he went in a witch hunt against a local branch of the charity mind as they made a post on instagram about losing weight and the nhs weight loss scheme set up by the government. Of course him and his followers then went and attacked the post and the charity for suggesting weight loss. The post was eventually deleted. People were saying that a mental health charity shouldn't promote weight loss and how the post was harmful for people with eating disorders.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
And was the campaign damaging? It’s a fine line I suppose that has to be tread regarding weight loss/mental health. Maybe I’m being cynical but if it was popular to “bash” purple pineapples I’m sure he’d be the first one chastising Lidl etc for selling them.

Reactions: 3