Dominique Nugent #5 Dim and Him heading up the aisle...all tack and feathers not an ounce of style

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did she actually say she was in hospital due to a flare up? I got the impression it was more for observation purposes and to be able to get a diagnosis and treatment plan in place.
Did i miss when she said it was a flare up?
I think it was for infusions

Active symptoms during a flare = cramps, nausea, fatigue, blood loss, urgency to go to the bathroom, you could be running to the bathroom up to 30 times a day. To drive up north for 4 hours during a flare is torturous!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Active symptoms during a flare = cramps, nausea, fatigue, blood loss, urgency to go to the bathroom, you could be running to the bathroom up to 30 times a day. To drive up north for 4 hours during a flare is torturous!!!
AND she wasn’t on medication to aid her yet. Too busy decorating her hospital bed for selfies. Loving every second.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
100% agree. I have the same and there's no way you'd travel during a flare up. I have every service station mapped out on my route to the local town!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think what she said was the hospital was letting her out for the weekend which gave the impression that she was still unwell at the time but could convalescence at home for the weekend and return to hospital on Monday. That's what I took from it but I don't think she specified being in hospital for obs/flare up specifically. Then off she swans to Donegal and a few more places in quick succession if memory serves me right.

Reactions: 2
Apologies if insensitive but You kinda lost me on ‘saved my Snapchat’s’ who the hell does this?!!
No one needs to see hospital beds & IVs
Say what’s wrong, ask for privacy, move on 🤷‍♀️
When your stuck in a ward with 5 other women for 10 days and missing your family some people use snapchat to see eachother. I missed my kids. I sent snaps of myself to them and my husband when I wasn't looking like death warmed up but I still looked dreadful. I saved those photos because, while I felt the worst I had ever felt in my life, I hope I can look back on how sick I was and see how far I have come.
It's fine for you to think that you might never do that, I didn't publish mine. My husband and son are the only people who seen them, but until you are stuck in a room with 5 strangers for days on end and unable to see family, don't judge. I would wish that feeling on anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
When your stuck in a ward with 5 other women for 10 days and missing your family some people use snapchat to see eachother. I missed my kids. I sent snaps of myself to them and my husband when I wasn't looking like death warmed up but I still looked dreadful. I saved those photos because, while I felt the worst I had ever felt in my life, I hope I can look back on how sick I was and see how far I have come.
It's fine for you to think that you might never do that, I didn't publish mine. My husband and son are the only people who seen them, but until you are stuck in a room with 5 strangers for days on end and unable to see family, don't judge. I would wish that feeling on anyone.
You don't have to explain yourself, people deal with things in their own way.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Terrible to hear of her diagnosis, sounds truly awful. I think chronic illness advocating on SM is a double edged sword but unfortunately leans toward the attn seeking side. Someone made a good point about highlighting bowel diseases as they probably are more difficult to speak about. As someone also diagnosed with a chronic illness I was weirded out by the list a bit “infusions, injections, multiple medications etc”, i was like oh me too I guess. It just never occurred to me to list them out in my head or in conversation if makes sense. I followed a few influencers with my illness and they way they went on about it made it seem so much worse to me. And definitely the chronic illness wARriOr attitude. I don’t know will she bring it up again. I feel she’s more genuine here but as pointed out above, the breadcrumbing was ridiculous.
Didn’t someone call her gretel? 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Not a fan of hers but good to see her raising awareness of this illness. The more people discuss it the less stigma around it. Maybe if some young girl she's her on sm and was diagnosed with this, they'd get reassurance that it's not all bleak and grim . If it helps one or two more what harm

Reactions: 4
Not a fan of hers but good to see her raising awareness of this illness. The more people discuss it the less stigma around it. Maybe if some young girl she's her on sm and was diagnosed with this, they'd get reassurance that it's not all bleak and grim . If it helps one or two more what harm
I think we got our answer today as to why she announced her illness ‘just popping on today to say thanks for all the comments’.
I don’t understand the raising awareness and removing stigma part. What stigma is there around having a bowel disorder?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think we got our answer today as to why she announced her illness ‘just popping on today to say thanks for all the comments’.
I don’t understand the raising awareness and removing stigma part. What stigma is there around having a bowel disorder?
I think there's definitely some form of stigma around it. Maybe not a stigma exactly but I know my partner has recently been diagnosed with the same condition as dom and is awaiting a date to start his biologics and it has been a crippling 2 years for him, more so the last few months as the symptoms have worsened. I think it's more of an embarrassment aspect, I know my partner is almost afraid to go places sometimes for fear of not making it to a bathroom etc and it's not a pleasant thing that people like to talk about.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Wtf is she wearing?! 🙈 Her style is tragic. She's stuck in a teenager's body.

I remember wearing something similar to an All Saints concert when I was 16!!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She has horrific dress sense….I fear for the wedding dress😂
Her last one was beautiful I thought? Wouldn't be for me but I thought it suited her perfectly. She'll have to go for a completely different look this time seeing as Grease stole her overall vision of a boho bride.

Reactions: 12
All I’ve learned so far from DOm on the disease is that you lose loads of weight and the mirror becomes your best friend.

And to look forward to being kept overnight, you can decorate your room and get takeaway sent in. What a treat! You can just discharge yourself when you’re bored and wanna go home. Young uns will be lining up to be diagnosed!

It’s a shame someone so thick is responsible for shining a light on a IBD.

IBD is in my life in my many ways since I was a child and I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed a real stigma around it all? Unless maybe some male patients perhaps might find it embarrassing. I doubt they follow DIm DOm.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Tattle makes me laugh at times. Dominique looked deathly unwell there for a good while, her clothes were barely hanging on her and her hip bones were protruding. She was hospitalized numerous times, her medical care providers have discussed surgery and she has been administered a biologic medication. Biologic meds are not handed out willy nilly and are certainly never the first choice of treatment. They are high tech medication that only consultants can prescribe. Nobody here is in any way qualified to ascertain the severity of her illness, or question trained medical professionals. Your illness or your symptoms are not comparable to hers, and just because she has been diagnosed with a life long condition, doesn’t mean she has to take to the bed to be the sickest of the sick. If she was at that, this thread would be suddenly full of martyrs talking about themselves fighting through the fatigue and the flare ups. Any time chronic health conditions are brought up on this forum, it becomes very like the toxic ‘support’ groups on Facebook, where everyone is vying to be sicker than everyone else. It’s disgusting. It is her illness, her journey, her experience. Yours is irrelevant to hers 🤷‍♀️ she’s an annoying drama queen, she’s an idiot with her pity reels but she’s entitled to be sick and cope with her illness as best as she knows how. Good for her not staying in bed crying about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Her last one was beautiful I thought? Wouldn't be for me but I thought it suited her perfectly. She'll have to go for a completely different look this time seeing as Grease stole her overall vision of a boho bride.
Yeah was thinking same. Plus Grace “stole” her boho style in the meantime. I’m thinking something along the lines of Maeve Maddens?? 🤔

Reactions: 7
Yeah look, don't think anyone could deny she was unwell the girl clearly looked very ill at times. She is a drama queen of course but I know plenty of them myself 😂

I'm more concerned with what her personality will be after she's done being a bride 👰‍♀️
I know I've mentioned before but I'm also a bride to be and just find all the waste/extras so disgusting like it's all gonna get thrown in the bin or at best given to a friend, all these instahuns promoting things you 'need' for a wedding 😂😂

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.