Dominique Nugent #5 Dim and Him heading up the aisle...all tack and feathers not an ounce of style

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah the big reveal on the mysterious Illness has occured. It doesn't sound pleasant tbf, but at least the drip feeding of it can stop now...

Reactions: 14
I have UC myself, I'd be considered mild myself, her symptoms seem a lot more tough so I do feel for her. It's a long time since I had a bad flare up and the worst part of it was the fatigue so I'm just baffled she had the energy to make those videos etc during that whole time, I barely had the energy to dry my hair! Wish her good health anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Wouldn't wish illness on anyone but she made sure she took a lot of videos and photos along the way knowing she could cash in on intsa with it someday. Even illness is seen as a money maker to these kind of people, it's sad. And don't give me that raising awareness crap, she drip fed it for months and it's not as if it's an obscure, completely rare illness that nobody has ever heard of. It's a choice to share or not share private medical information and she teased it trying to garner interest and sympathy likes. We sure as hell won't be seeing Dominique standing with a collection bucket in Tallaght somewhere to raise funds and awareness for UC charities.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
As someone with a newly diagnosed autoimmune disease myself, I've spent alot of time in hospital recently. I have saved my snapchats that I sent family to my memories. Granted, I saved them so I could hopefully look back and see how far I've come and not for the world to see.
Maybe Dim saved hers at the time for the same reasons and decided to use them to highlight her story.
I not a fan of hers, I find her very immature and can't stand the lip smacking but if she can actually use her platform to promote what it's actually like for people with autoimmune conditions, especially concerning the bowel then fair play to her.
It's a taboo subject as nobody wants to admit they have bowel issues and maybe she might be able to bring more awareness to it.
Well that's what I'm hoping she does.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
God love her, I wouldn't wish that diagnosis on anyone.
Love her or dislike her but there will be some young people following in similar situations and it might make them feel less alone .
I really hope she doesn't develop complications further down the line, the surgery is horrific, living with a stoma isn't nice!

Reactions: 13
As someone with a newly diagnosed autoimmune disease myself, I've spent alot of time in hospital recently. I have saved my snapchats that I sent family to my memories. Granted, I saved them so I could hopefully look back and see how far I've come and not for the world to see.
Maybe Dim saved hers at the time for the same reasons and decided to use them to highlight her story.
I not a fan of hers, I find her very immature and can't stand the lip smacking but if she can actually use her platform to promote what it's actually like for people with autoimmune conditions, especially concerning the bowel then fair play to her.
It's a taboo subject as nobody wants to admit they have bowel issues and maybe she might be able to bring more awareness to it.
You’re trying to apply normal person logic to an attention seeker, it’s like trying to understand why anyone with a personality disorder behaves how they do…. you just can’t.

Obviously if she brings awareness to a condition that is otherwise spoken about very little and helps someone that’s a good thing, but it’s an accidental consequence of the attention seeking.

Anyway, I do hope you’re starting to feel better/cope/adjust as needs be, and don’t wish ill health on anyone including Dom!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Close to the bone for me.
I’m disgusted with her. She left the hospital to have dinner and drinks on an overnight freebie, she’s making a mockery of it. There is no way you could do that during a flare. I think she must have a mild touch and milking.

Come back and talk to me when your second home is the hospital. I don’t need this dopes “awareness” she’s spreading a false message, that you can discharge yourself to knock back drinks and have a 3 course meal? Get lost Dim.

The self pity photos are embarrassing.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
I think she'll definitely help her young followers who may have a bowel condition, I was diagnosed in my early 20's and I was mortified, put me off dating aswell. 15 years later and I couldn't care less who knows, in fact I probably tell too many people 🤣 So she's no use to those of us established in this disease but I've a bit of hope it will do some good with others. But I do agree with the above this diagnosis is an accidental consequence and she will definitely cash in wherever she can.

Reactions: 8
I doubt young people follow her? She just dresses like one. Looks like a 🤡

I wouldn’t want them copying her and taking selfies with elf on the shelf hospital stay. I say she was only delighted to be kept in for some content.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Close to the bone for me.
I’m disgusted with her. She left the hospital to have dinner and drinks on an overnight freebie, she’s making a mockery of it. There is no way you could do that during a flare. I think she must have a mild touch and milking.

Come back and talk to me when your second home is the hospital. I don’t need this dopes “awareness” she’s spreading a false message, that you can discharge yourself to knock back drinks and have a 3 course meal? Get lost Dim.

The self pity photos are embarrassing.
If she's on biologic medication than I doubt it's just a mild touch

Reactions: 12
If she's on biologic medication than I doubt it's just a mild touch
If you’re diagnosed you must be treated and given medication yes. I still think she’s exaggerating and enjoying the attention.

Leaving hospital during a flare to stuff your face and guzzle alcohol is not something you can do with a bowel disease. Not only would you not have the energy, you wouldn’t be able to digest it.

No two cases are the same and I’m not a doctor but it’s just not adding up for me. She’s an attention seeker, I can diagnose that easily!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Sorry but I can’t take anyone serious who makes a reel about something that should be important. Not everything needs to be shared.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I feel for her in the sense that it’s a very serious and life altering diagnosis. But I won’t sit here and pretend I don’t think she has enjoyed getting attention from everything to getting a line in her arm to showing off how skinny she is. Sure she was and is wearing crop tops around the clock. I just think she’s one of those people who needs to be babied and likes being pandered to. But vanity and attention seeking aside, it’s an awful condition that I wouldn’t wish on anyone.

Reactions: 22
Apologies if insensitive but You kinda lost me on ‘saved my Snapchat’s’ who the hell does this?!!
No one needs to see hospital beds & IVs
Say what’s wrong, ask for privacy, move on 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It’s great to raise the issue and if it helps a few people great, I also feel sorry for her as it must be tough - but the reel of it all, I jus feel it craves attention and a thirst for likes

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I mean personally I prefer to curl up in my PJs and dressing gown and hide from the world when it happens.
I definitely do not feel like going for a weekend away and getting dressed up.
Now obviously everyone's different and of course she's "breaking the stigma".
I mean breaking the stigma is people actually talking about it. I mean a picture and the blurb would have done not a reel of poor me.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Did she actually say she was in hospital due to a flare up? I got the impression it was more for observation purposes and to be able to get a diagnosis and treatment plan in place.
Did i miss when she said it was a flare up?

Reactions: 7
Did she actually say she was in hospital due to a flare up? I got the impression it was more for observation purposes and to be able to get a diagnosis and treatment plan in place.
Did i miss when she said it was a flare up?
No your right she didn't go into specifics.
Again it's all speculation here anyways

Reactions: 5
If you have active symptoms, or even on a good day, and keeping in mind at this point she wasn’t on medication yet, only had fatigue, it’s crazy to me that she left hospital early to drive hours up the north and let us see her apparently guzzle cocktails and a slap up meal. Not a great way to break the stigma!

If she did it for show then it’s false advertising!?

I don’t get why she couldn’t say no or reschedule?

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.