Does anyone hate their job?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ohhh, yes, the behavioral interview technique, "tell me about a time when...". My previous and my upcoming company use those, I actually like them especially with little time to compare, because there's so much you can pull from to tell the story, instead of needing to learn random facts.

You got this!

Reactions: 3
Something about the thought of starting a new job which terrifies me! Anyone else?? Eeek

Reactions: 7
Thanks for everyone’s advice - I aced the interview and soon as I got home she rung me to tell me how well I’d done and she wanted to offer me the job. She was really impressed with how well I’d researched the company and the answers I gave. It’s 4 min drive from my house and never any traffic en route, I’m going to be saving around £250 a month on petrol 😳 I’ll need to fill up maybe once a month if that! Handed my notice in via email as I’ve received the offer letter etc already, and I start on the 5th. I find my job really boring and the 3 hour travelling week / petrol prices was really getting me down so I’m SO happy!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Thanks for everyone’s advice - I aced the interview and soon as I got home she rung me to tell me how well I’d done and she wanted to offer me the job. She was really impressed with how well I’d researched the company and the answers I gave. It’s 4 min drive from my house and never any traffic en route, I’m going to be saving around £250 a month on petrol 😳 I’ll need to fill up maybe once a month if that! Handed my notice in via email as I’ve received the offer letter etc already, and I start on the 5th. I find my job really boring and the 3 hour travelling week / petrol prices was really getting me down so I’m SO happy!
congratulations!!!! what a great start to the long weekend! Regardless of the money, I think a short commute is just the best thing ever you cannot buy back time, so happy for you, well done!

Reactions: 4
Chuffed for you, that’s great news! 🍾🍾🍾

Reactions: 2
congratulations!!!! what a great start to the long weekend! Regardless of the money, I think a short commute is just the best thing ever you cannot buy back time, so happy for you, well done!
Yes this was my thinking. I am SICK of travelling and if I god forbid set off 10 mins late to work after sorting my child out to nursery I get stuck in even more traffic and full of anxiety 😵💫

Reactions: 2
Amazing! Congratulations!! Hope you’re spending the long weekend celebrating

Amazing! Congratulations!! Hope you’re spending the long weekend celebrating
I’ve got my daugher tonight & tomorrow so celebrated with a mcds for late tea once she was in bed 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Huge congrats, it sounds like you really aced the entire process! And the short commute is the icing on the cake, it seems like just about everything is coming together really nicely there.

Hehe, we can be first day buddies, I’m also starting on the 5th.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Well, I've asked for my counteroffer... let's see what happens now! EEeeek

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So I posted about how I hate my current job but I’ve got another job that I start on Monday. My daughter has got conjunctivitis atm and she’s not in nursery today.. I rung HR and explained this (and it’s why I’m not in). I owe them holidays, I’ve taken too many for the amount I’ve accrued so going into work on Friday would be pointless/i’d be working for free. I might just tell them it’s not got any better so I can’t leave her with anyone else 🫣 she said it won’t impact me not working my notice cos it’s emergency childcare issues.

Thoughts please? I hateeeeeee my job and I don’t wanna go in 😂 but I also feel a bit guilty I won’t say bye to the people I’ve worked with. I don’t wanna waste petrol going there either lol

So I posted about how I hate my current job but I’ve got another job that I start on Monday. My daughter has got conjunctivitis atm and she’s not in nursery today.. I rung HR and explained this (and it’s why I’m not in). I owe them holidays, I’ve taken too many for the amount I’ve accrued so going into work on Friday would be pointless/i’d be working for free. I might just tell them it’s not got any better so I can’t leave her with anyone else 🫣 she said it won’t impact me not working my notice cos it’s emergency childcare issues.

Thoughts please? I hateeeeeee my job and I don’t wanna go in 😂 but I also feel a bit guilty I won’t say bye to the people I’ve worked with. I don’t wanna waste petrol going there either lol
I am assuming they will take back the holiday money you owe from your final payslip? Would it not be worth going in for the last day if it reduces what you have to pay back by a day?

I get what you mean though, it is a tricky one! I once left a job by going to the office at 10pm, dropping my equipment off and emailing my notice and a sick note in, then blocking them :oops:

Trying to think of the worst, it is not going to be an ideal last impression if something happens at the new job and you need a reference for another employer.

• Haha
I am assuming they will take back the holiday money you owe from your final payslip? Would it not be worth going in for the last day if it reduces what you have to pay back by a day?

I get what you mean though, it is a tricky one! I once left a job by going to the office at 10pm, dropping my equipment off and emailing my notice and a sick note in, then blocking them :oops:

Trying to think of the worst, it is not going to be an ideal last impression if something happens at the new job and you need a reference for another employer.
Brilliant 😂😂😂😂

So, I got paid yesterday for August anyway so Fridays pay would be Septembers payday which I’d give them back anyway🥴 so I’m like wellll what’s the point in even going in cos it’ll cost me £10 in petrol anyway lol. They said finance dept will be in touch with me when she’s back off hols. I just hate the job, I hate that I stayed for so long being unhappy cos we was so busy etc😂

They said they won’t be giving me a character reference it’s literally start / finish date etc so.

I can’t believe you blocked them, HAHAHAHA

Brilliant 😂😂😂😂

So, I got paid yesterday for August anyway so Fridays pay would be Septembers payday which I’d give them back anyway🥴 so I’m like wellll what’s the point in even going in cos it’ll cost me £10 in petrol anyway lol. They said finance dept will be in touch with me when she’s back off hols. I just hate the job, I hate that I stayed for so long being unhappy cos we was so busy etc😂

They said they won’t be giving me a character reference it’s literally start / finish date etc so.

I can’t believe you blocked them, HAHAHAHA
Hahahaha well in that case have a nice Friday off 😅 I don't know what the process would be in that instance, would they bother chasing for it back

I was being a little shithouse, but I had been offered a job with a considerable pay rise, hated working for them and I wanted to leave and be on the better pay asap, with time for a week in Spain just before. Worst thing about that was I got track and traced on the plane home and had to isolate for 10 days 3 days after starting the new job 😅😅

Im sat at my desk.. no motivation to work.. tasks piling up.. Mind numbing admin sh*t. I don’t know how much longer I can go on for. Fear of leaving because I don’t know what else I’d do - i have no interest in a 9-5, fear of not earning money to pay my bills. Feel completely defeated. Can’t control my emotions either so sat looking like a miserable cow. Anyone else feel stuck?

Reactions: 3

I think if you have already got a reference from.them don't put yourself out tbh, if you haven't inwould say try and go in at some pojt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.