Does anyone hate their job? #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can you talk to a therapist for a couple of sessions? I think it would really help you separate your self worth from your work and the fucked up social dynamics at your old job. Because let's be honest, that is a really horrible reaction to you leaving.
It's hurtful and insulting, and I'm not surpised you're taking it to heart even though I'm sure it's got zero to do with you.
I think I will need to. I throw my entire self into my jobs, which is a massive weakness of mine and literally nobody asks me to, and I do set myself up for a world of pain by doing so. But this? This is next level.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I am a huge believer in people quitting their manager, not their job.

A couple of months ago, I worked on a piece of work on my own. The product delivered was fully the product of my own work only.

Today, my manager sends a message to our group chat asking ‘Can someone send me ABC that TheGlossy & Golden Child worked on?’

‘Golden Child’ never worked on this piece - as a matter of fact, Golden Child was out on extended sick leave then. Yet the manager had the nerve to pretend they forgot it was my own work and tagged their bestie to it and gave them half the credit for something their never even looked at!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I am a huge believer in people quitting their manager, not their job.

A couple of months ago, I worked on a piece of work on my own. The product delivered was fully the product of my own work only.

Today, my manager sends a message to our group chat asking ‘Can someone send me ABC that TheGlossy & Golden Child worked on?’

‘Golden Child’ never worked on this piece - as a matter of fact, Golden Child was out on extended sick leave then. Yet the manager had the nerve to pretend they forgot it was my own work and tagged their bestie to it and gave them half the credit for something their never even looked at!
So sorry this happened to you! It has happened to me as well and I never know how to do something about it. At home I’ll be raging but I don’t know how I would stand up for myself, any response that does come to my mind sounds so snarky that it’s automatically the “unhinged woman bitching” territory….. have you found any way for this?

So sorry this happened to you! It has happened to me as well and I never know how to do something about it. At home I’ll be raging but I don’t know how I would stand up for myself, any response that does come to my mind sounds so snarky that it’s automatically the “unhinged woman bitching” territory….. have you found any way for this?
Honestly, at this point I’m way too far gone to even try to respond to this manager’s unnecessary undermining. I’ve seen enough to the point where I’ve no reaction anymore because I almost expect it and know they’re doing this on purpose.

• Sad
Reactions: 3