Does anyone hate their job? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you get called in over it just say you thought it was a safe space to blow off steam and you feel your personal space is being invaded by management. I'm under no illusion that no matter how well staff are treated at some point they will have the asshole with me, rightly or wrongly, and I feel they should be entitled to it to blow off steam. Ofcourse I'm talking about a group chat or behind my back, not a full blown meltdown in the work place
That’s great advice thank you

Reactions: 2
I've a feeling that gaslighting-colleague will once more weasel their way out of things, despite there being a formal review. I've explained so often that it's part of what they do that it's extremely hard to prove, but here we are :cry:

• Sad
If you get called in over it just say you thought it was a safe space to blow off steam and you feel your personal space is being invaded by management. I'm under no illusion that no matter how well staff are treated at some point they will have the asshole with me, rightly or wrongly, and I feel they should be entitled to it to blow off steam. Ofcourse I'm talking about a group chat or behind my back, not a full blown meltdown in the work place
I'd just eat a bit of humble pie, apologise, say it won't happen again and move on if something is said. Anything you write on Teams or via email etc can be monitored by IT if the company want to do that so I wouldn't even bother to say that you thought it was safe space, because it's just not.

Reactions: 1
I'd just eat a bit of humble pie, apologise, say it won't happen again and move on if something is said. Anything you write on Teams or via email etc can be monitored by IT if the company want to do that so I wouldn't even bother to say that you thought it was safe space, because it's just not.
A private whatsapp group cannot be monitored by IT. So yes it is a safe space. You should go and read what OP wrote

I don't hate my job but how can I stop management blurring the lines between what is my job and what isn't?

I am a Marketing Manager for a small brand but my managers (the owner and the MD) seem to think EVERYTHING comes under Marketing. It is really quite frustrating lol

I don't hate my job but how can I stop management blurring the lines between what is my job and what isn't?

I am a Marketing Manager for a small brand but my managers (the owner and the MD) seem to think EVERYTHING comes under Marketing. It is really quite frustrating lol
Do you have a copy of your actual job description? I know in small business people tend to blur the lines. If you have time to do the work that falls outside your purview just do it. If not tell them you can only cope with your own workload

What does everyone get paid to work in these soul crushing environments? I'm mid thirties, earning mid thirties and I'm genuinely bored to tears, have no aspirations within my current setting and spend every night dreaming up ways to earn more money doing something more fulfilling 😩

What does everyone get paid to work in these soul crushing environments? I'm mid thirties, earning mid thirties and I'm genuinely bored to tears, have no aspirations within my current setting and spend every night dreaming up ways to earn more money doing something more fulfilling 😩
Same age and salary as you....same dreaming too 😭. I've tried writing down the things I'd want in a new role etc but I don't know what job exists to match...

Tbh I want to be a seriously wealthy lady of leisure who can skip off for afternoon tea on the daily if I'm honest

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Same age and salary as you....same dreaming too 😭. I've tried writing down the things I'd want in a new role etc but I don't know what job exists to match...

Tbh I want to be a seriously wealthy lady of leisure who can skip off for afternoon tea on the daily if I'm honest

Sometimes you can be amazed what roles and jobs exist! If you want to share a little bit, maybe we can brainstorm?

Sometimes you can be amazed what roles and jobs exist! If you want to share a little bit, maybe we can brainstorm?
Well I applied for jobs I know match my skills set but I haven't got "experience" yet I had "impressive qualifications".
In theory my skills are everything from conflict management, PA, organiser, meeting mediator lol advocating social justice etc etc...but I want something different to what I do now, just seems people see that my degree is my job title and then just brush over

A private whatsapp group cannot be monitored by IT. So yes it is a safe space. You should go and read what OP wrote
Where does it say it was a private whatsapp group?

Similar happened to me today, we have a small group chat and we were all having a moan but my colleague didn’t realise that our manager was behind and saw the group chat but on the bit where I kicked off about another manager. Nothing has been said yet but I’m now waiting for an awkward conversation. My fault I shouldn’t get so involved, lesson learned not to put anything on the group chat that I wouldn’t mind anyone seeing. Wish me luck for the rest of the week while I try and hide in the corner!! Mortified

Well I applied for jobs I know match my skills set but I haven't got "experience" yet I had "impressive qualifications".
In theory my skills are everything from conflict management, PA, organiser, meeting mediator lol advocating social justice etc etc...but I want something different to what I do now, just seems people see that my degree is my job title and then just brush over
That is a very good skill set! Valuable skills, flexible, as they are needed in many areas and show that you communicate well.
If you haven’t heard of the position, Program Manager or Operations Manager come to my mind. I’ve worked with many and even worked in a similar position myself, and all of the skills you mention are used very frequently.
Agile coaching might also be something you could look out for. I think there’s a qualification for it, but again, any agile coach I’ve ever worked with has had exactly these skills, it goes well beyond just that qualification. I’ve found them especially helpful in meetings as impartial mediators.

• Heart
That is a very good skill set! Valuable skills, flexible, as they are needed in many areas and show that you communicate well.
If you haven’t heard of the position, Program Manager or Operations Manager come to my mind. I’ve worked with many and even worked in a similar position myself, and all of the skills you mention are used very frequently.
Agile coaching might also be something you could look out for. I think there’s a qualification for it, but again, any agile coach I’ve ever worked with has had exactly these skills, it goes well beyond just that qualification. I’ve found them especially helpful in meetings as impartial mediators.
Thank you. The jobs I apply for of a similar nature and executive assistant types literally 100% look at my job title and go nope without actually reading my exact skill set so I fall at the first hurdle - if I got to interview point I could sell myself more and show how the skills would be the right fit! Even on indeed, I have put the roles I'd like and just get spammed by agencies for my current role so they just don't read them 😫

where do I apply for lady of leisure? I definitely have the skill set.

You've probably hit the nail on the head, it's maybe that I want a lifestyle over a job. I would just love to wake up in the morning excited about the day, knowing that what I do is worthwhile and important. Instead I work like reluctant glitchy software, and worry about where the next telling off is coming from. I don't think I have a bad job but I do hate it.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
where do I apply for lady of leisure? I definitely have the skill set.

You've probably hit the nail on the head, it's maybe that I want a lifestyle over a job. I would just love to wake up in the morning excited about the day, knowing that what I do is worthwhile and important. Instead I work like reluctant glitchy software, and worry about where the next telling off is coming from. I don't think I have a bad job but I do hate it.
Yeah I do sit and think about my job and for the most part, I don't hate what I do but something in me..just isn't happy (I even changed teams to see if it made any difference...it didn't lol). I want to live like I'm on A/L...i.e paid to do whatever I want 😫🤣

• Haha
Yeah I do sit and think about my job and for the most part, I don't hate what I do but something in me..just isn't happy (I even changed teams to see if it made any difference...it didn't lol). I want to live like I'm on A/L...i.e paid to do whatever I want 😫🤣
I kind of feel this is a modern first world country problem. You see people’s socials and how cushy their life is but it’s not reality.

I was without work for 3 months and it was great. I went to the beach all day, had lunches etc but after two weeks I was bored AF because all my friends and family were busy.

Reactions: 3
I kind of feel this is a modern first world country problem. You see people’s socials and how cushy their life is but it’s not reality.

I was without work for 3 months and it was great. I went to the beach all day, had lunches etc but after two weeks I was bored AF because all my friends and family were busy.
And the rise of the "escape the matrix" "earn ££££ a month by doing some virtual crap" types...
But the ones of those I follow who have a free life...all work on holidays and stuff

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.