Documentaries you've seen you still think about to this day

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Cheshire Murders is very brutal. So senseless what happened. It’s on Now TV at the moment.

Reactions: 2
The Cheshire Murders is very brutal. So senseless what happened. It’s on Now TV at the moment.
It’s a horrendous documentary. The fact they stalked them at the grocery store and followed them because he was attracted to KK made me feel sick.

They all must have suffered so much before their deaths. Such a tragic, senseless waste.

Edit for typos!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
The Bobby Sands and I, Dolours documentaries stuck with me for a while after. Just the grimness of the prisons and starving to death in them. I wasn't alive at the time it was going on but seemed there was a massive public reaction. I ended up watching loads of N.I documentaries after those.

It’s a horrendous documentary. The fact they stalked them at the grocery store and followed them because he was attracted to KK made me feel sick.

They all must have suffered so much before their deaths. Such a tragic, senseless waste.

Edit for typos!
Where can I watch this please?

Reactions: 1
I h
The Bobby Sands and I, Dolours documentaries stuck with me for a while after. Just the grimness of the prisons and starving to death in them. I wasn't alive at the time it was going on but seemed there was a massive public reaction. I ended up watching loads of N.I documentaries after those.
I had a quick look on YouTube and could not find it. Where did you watch it, I'd be interested in seeing it. Plus any others you recommend. 😊 thanks.

I h

I had a quick look on YouTube and could not find it. Where did you watch it, I'd be interested in seeing it. Plus any others you recommend. 😊 thanks.
Bobby Sands one is called 66 days - I watched it on netflix and don't think the full version is on youtube unfortunately.

Same with I, Dolours - another netfix one that used to be on yotube but don't think it is now.

Here are the trailers though:

Oh and forgot to add - do you mean on the same subject or just in general?

Last edited:
  • Heart
I watched it on YouTube but I think it was on Amazon prime too. The poster above said it was on NowTV.
It’s called The Cheshire Murders - but be warned, it’s disturbing.
Thanks - I’ll recommend it to my mum, she’s hardcore. I read up on it, the whole thing sounds horrific. Reminds me of the Clutters in ‘In Cold Blood’ quite a similar case.

Bobby Sands one is called 66 days - I watched it on netflix and don't think the full version is on youtube unfortunately.

Same with I, Dolours - another netfix one that used to be on yotube but don't think it is now.

Here are the trailers though:

Oh and forgot to add - do you mean on the same subject or just in general?
Excellent, thanks very much.
I am interested in any on the same, i.e.
The Troubles...

I watched all 3 episodes of Football’s Darkest Secret today, cried my eyes out 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 4
So many..

There use to be a series on BBC called One Life and one of the episodes was called To Courtney with Love about a young teen mum who died of cancer at 16,

Kelly and her sisters a doc about a young girl and her sisters who lived under the poverty line they did a follow up when they was bit older.

Poor Kids following children and family who live in poverty.

The Trouble with girls one of the episodes followed theses three girls from Rochdale two ended up getting pregnant

• Heart
I watched one on channel 4 years ago on a show called no going back. This women who bought an island & took her kids to live on it which she renamed janique island? She had red hair and looked a bit trashy. Claimed to be an ex playboy bunny or glamour something? The locals didn't like her much I don't think. Apparently
She had an affair with a local right in front of her husband. Her and her family also got held up at gunpoint in the night and held at ransom. Eventually she took away her husband's asthma pump and he died, and got buried on the island. Lots more happened too. It was really strange, sad and unbelievable what happened in this episode. It's not available to watch anywere now. Makes me wonder to this day though what happened to the family and the island years later? Be good to find a link to it somewhere out there. Or any info about it today.

• Wow
Two have really stuck in my mind:

the first was about Terri Calvesbert (sorry for spelling) who had been badly burned in a fire accidentally started by her Mum. Her Dad was such a good man.

The second was a ‘No Going Back’ with a strange, Barbie-type woman who convinced her very normal husband to buy an island off the coast of Nicaragua. It went very very wrong.
YES!! I didn't see this post until I scrolled up.

• Heart
So many..

There use to be a series on BBC called One Life and one of the episodes was called To Courtney with Love about a young teen mum who died of cancer at 16,

Kelly and her sisters a doc about a young girl and her sisters who lived under the poverty line they did a follow up when they was bit older.

The Trouble with girls one of the episodes followed theses three girls from Rochdale two ended up getting pregnant
Omg you absolute hero! I’ve been thinking about “Kelly and her sisters” for years! Thank you so much!

So many..

Omg to Courtney with love I watched on YouTube years back and it broke me! I did do some Facebook stalking and saw that Courtney herself had gone on to have a baby at 14

Does anyone remember the baby found in a concrete block in a garage? There was a documentary focused around finding who the baby was / who the parents were but with no result. Prob early 2000’s it aired.

edit - looks like they found out who the baby was

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Does anyone remember the baby found in a concrete block in a garage? There was a documentary focused around finding who the baby was / who the parents were but with no result. Prob early 2000’s it aired.

edit - looks like they found out who the baby was

oh my goodness I had never heard of this - what a horrible case.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.