Documentaries you've seen you still think about to this day

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A lion in the house was so so sad :( I watched it on Netflix a few months ago

I remember watching a documentary about a Dad who had (I’m not sure I’m remembering this right) motor neurone disease
It was his sons filming his decline and it was so so sad

also a documentary filmed over many many years with about 4-5 disabled children, in the most recent one a girl called Shelby had died. There was also William. I’m so bad with names of the programmes though!

Reactions: 4
A lion in the house was so so sad :( I watched it on Netflix a few months ago

I remember watching a documentary about a Dad who had (I’m not sure I’m remembering this right) motor neurone disease
It was his sons filming his decline and it was so so sad

also a documentary filmed over many many years with about 4-5 disabled children, in the most recent one a girl called Shelby had died. There was also William. I’m so bad with names of the programmes though!
I think the one with Shelby is called something like Child of our Time? They were all born in 2000 or something? I remember watching it too

Reactions: 2
I can’t remember what it was called but it was about a gentleman who was terminally ill and decided to go to Dignitas to end his life. It documented from his decision, right through to his death on camera. Very controversial but so interesting. It came across very peaceful and dignified x

Reactions: 7
I can’t remember what it was called but it was about a gentleman who was terminally ill and decided to go to Dignitas to end his life. It documented from his decision, right through to his death on camera. Very controversial but so interesting. It came across very peaceful and dignified x
Simon’s Choice. Very dignified but tragic documentary.

I think the one with Shelby is called something like Child of our Time? They were all born in 2000 or something? I remember watching it too
No it was called born to be different, I’ve followed it over the years too! I’ve also followed child of our time, since it started in 2000 and I was 10. Would love a recap!

No it was called born to be different, I’ve followed it over the years too! I’ve also followed child of our time, since it started in 2000 and I was 10. Would love a recap!
There was a final recap episode of it all last year. It might be somewhere online for you to watch, possibly iplayer or youtube?

Ah! You're right. I've obviously merged both programmes together in my head

Anyone seen the Rachel Divide on Netflix? The white lady who claimed she was black. I had to rewatch it for a second time recently as I watched it a couple of years ago and I wasn’t sure if what I remembered was what I saw but yep it was. She caused a massive outrage but still couldn’t see what she was saying/doing was wrong.

Reactions: 8
Swansea Lovestory on vice on YouTube. Have watched it many times and still shocks me everytime. I think Cornelius, his sister and father have all since past.

Reactions: 3

Thanks to the poster who recommended the above documentary.
Won’t post any spoilers, but I thought Dylan was a lovely man to do what he did.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Ah that’s it! Born to be Different! Yes! I’ve watched this every few years my whole life. The last series was when they turned 18 (I believe?) and Shelby had died. It’s so interesting to see the difference routes the children have taken in life. I hope they carry on and make another series. It would be lovely to see if they settle down. There was the girl with the bowel/bladder problems and she wanted to have a family and study nursing. I’d love to know if she did.

Reactions: 1
I always think of one wife swap episode where the mum was a total looney in my eyes- she let her daughter drink WKD from the age of about 11 and put her into cheerleading classes. She was later on a bbc3 (I think) documentary where she was trying to put the same daughter through beauty pageants etc..
What I really think/want to know is how the daughter turned out!! And how her relationship is now with her mother
She is on Insta. She's married, has a baby, and still does pageants and cheerleading. She also works or has worked as a flight attendant. No mention of her mum though

There was one I can’t remember how long ago it was and there was a young lad maybe late teens who filmed his grandad who had dementia.

I remember thinking parts of it came across quite cruel if I remember correctly they took him to his old house and it really confused him.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Anyone remember Airline? There was a check in girl on there who got cancer, think her name was Caroline. She was stunning, wonder how she is now.

Anyone remember Airline? There was a check in girl on there who got cancer, think her name was Caroline. She was stunning, wonder how she is now.
Ignore me- a simple Google just showed me she is called Katrina not Caroline and she is happy and healthy :)

Reactions: 9
Ah that’s it! Born to be Different! Yes! I’ve watched this every few years my whole life. The last series was when they turned 18 (I believe?) and Shelby had died. It’s so interesting to see the difference routes the children have taken in life. I hope they carry on and make another series. It would be lovely to see if they settle down. There was the girl with the bowel/bladder problems and she wanted to have a family and study nursing. I’d love to know if she did.
I LOVED both Born To Be Different and Child Of Our Time, and had a bit of an existential crisis when I watched the final updates of both, seeing them as young adults. Just a terrifying reminder of how fast time passes and how old I now am 🤣

The girl with the bladder/bowel issues was born with spina bifida. The update (broadcast last year I think?) showed her as a nursing student, so she’s training right now. Worth checking All4 to see if it’s there.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.