Do you like your neighbours

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just thought I’d put this out there, as before we moved, we had really nosey neighbours,we ended up ghosting them it got so bad. We now live in the country side and our nearest neighbours are 2 fields away, they are lovely i might add.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
We live in the country and can't see any of our neighbours which is very nice. We know of them, and say "hello" in passing but have very little to do with them. I don't like popper-inner types, so it suits me well.

Reactions: 9
It’s their holiday home so we only see them a handful of times a year. They are very nice though.

Reactions: 3
I live in a small village in the Lake District, and my neighbours are elderly but very nice and keep themselves to themselves. But always willing to help if needed.

Compare and contrast my times when I lived in Manchester & Birmingham - either noisy neighbours, nosy neighbours or both!

When we lived in the country our neighbours were vile. Stuck up snotty nosed and awful. Back in the town though it's the same old usual people. The street we live on currently is a little dead end with 6 houses we are on the end and our neighbour next door is lovely. The rest we say hello to but wouldn't particularly want to be friends with.

Not really

I live in a weird kind of flat, its a massive house and we have the whole downstairs and our own garden, then our neighbours are upstairs and have their own garden. Their front door is next to our bathroom and one of the women there coughs like maaaad. Im sat on the toilet and she is like heaving shes coughing that much 🤮 trying to have a bath/shower shes coughing her guts up. Trying to bathe the buba shes borking and coughing honestly its so vile 🤣
We have our own drive but they have 3 cars and because we don't drive they have just claimed it. My fella wants to say something because our bubble drives and they have to park on the road and really it's our drive. Its probably petty but it gets on my nerves
Their always in the front on the drive. When we have the blinds open they look in! I was sat on the couch one day and had awkward eye contact because the bloke just peeked through the window. Why are you looking through my window!? I just keep the blinds closed
We say hiya and have little convo and their alright people i guess. They just do the annoying neighbour stuff 🤣 or im just really petty 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
We have amazing neighbours. Where we live in London the houses do not come up for sale to frequently, so most of the houses have been in the same family for years and years so we’ve got to know them quite well.

Reactions: 4
Yes. We've lived here for 18 years and had the same next door neighbour on the right all that time. She's ace, has been to our big events, we go out occasionally etc. We've had a couple on the left in that time. The originals were polite but we didn't get on. But the ones since have all been great. We won't move because we love our neighbours so much

Reactions: 2
We are moving house due to our neighbours. They are awful. The absolute epitome of scum. They have stunk out our house with the smell of weed, they are noisy all the time with music playing loudly. The seem incapable of shutting a door and it is slammed every time. They dump rubbish everywhere and expect others to clear it up. Have been evicted from 3 others properties for trashing them and not paying rent. The landlord here is now trying to get them out but its not going too well with the covid restrictions. If they died tomorrow we would have a party. It truly has been hell.

• Sad
We only really see ours to say hello. They probably think we’re the neighbours from hell, my kids get up quite early and have a tendency to shout and shriek (I’m trying really hard to stamp it out). I’m so aware that they’re quite loud so I do try to keep the noise down.

Reactions: 4
I'm in terrace row. Right side are great. They don't intrude but I know they will help me out if I ever need them. Left side - Ach I can take them or leave them. They're quiet though and that's the main thing.

Yes, we have only lived in our current house for 3 years but have had quite a few different neighbours come & go but they have all been nice and friendly, we have new next-door neighbours. They are a youngish couple with a toddler like us, but I haven't spoken to them yet. My partner has and says they seem nice.

We want to move next year though to a bigger place as our house is small, I just really hope we get along with the neighbours (wherever we move to) like we do here, we have been lucky so far lol 🤞

Having recently moved to a detached house, I’m aware of having neighbours but not quite in the same degree as when I was semi-detached! 🤣 I must say, it is bliss. I would never go back to living in a semi ever again.

I have met my new neighbours and both lots are friendly, they’re always asking if I’m settling in well, etc. A bit of a car enthusiast on the other side, he lives with his parents and is a bit of a big kid, but parks his many cars on their drive. He revs the engine a bit too much as he is a boy racer, but seems harmless enough. Although he does have a man bun which no man should have! 🤣

What annoys me though about having detached houses in Britain is that the gardens are not detached too, i.e., people don’t have their own fences, you’ve always got to share a fence with your neighbour. I would quite happily have my own fences, provided they too had their own. 🤣🤣 In other words, piss off! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Having recently moved to a detached house, I’m aware of having neighbours but not quite in the same degree as when I was semi-detached! 🤣 I must say, it is bliss. I would never go back to living in a semi ever again.

I have met my new neighbours and both lots are friendly, they’re always asking if I’m settling in well, etc. A bit of a car enthusiast on the other side, he lives with his parents and is a bit of a big kid, but parks his many cars on their drive. He revs the engine a bit too much as he is a boy racer, but seems harmless enough. Although he does have a man bun which no man should have! 🤣

What annoys me though about having detached houses in Britain is that the gardens are not detached too, i.e., people don’t have their own fences, you’ve always got to share a fence with your neighbour. I would quite happily have my own fences, provided they too had their own. 🤣🤣 In other words, piss off! 🤣
So with you on the fencing issue.

Reactions: 1
Mine are ok. We live in between two dudes who both live on their own. One elderly and retired and the other is middle age. We say hello and have chatted a few times over the years, they’re nice enough, can’t imagine being friends with them though.

I can’t decide if I’d like to be especially close to my neighbours or not. I know some people become really good friends with their neighbours and can spend hours chatting over the fence and stuff and on the one hand that sounds lovely but on the other hand I’m a bit of an introvert and I like my privacy. Home is often somewhere where I ‘switch off’ from the outside world.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
No I don’t like mine.I live in Liverpool (nice area)the woman in the flat below me gets beaten up by her abusive tit of a fella.Horrible to listen to.Hes been in prison for beating her up,hate passing them in the communal area and everyone acting like nothing has gone on.

• Sad
  • Wow
We've got a young couple next door that we didn't really see but always say hello to each other,, take parcels etc. Nice enough.

The other side is a retired couple, also lovely always have a chat. My daugther gets on with thier granddaughter so it's nice in the summer as they can play out together.

Feel lucky really!

Yes. Kind of. There's problems with both...

On one side, they're very nice and kind. I'd say they're in their late 40's with their grown up children living with them. They can be VERY loud. I have had to knock on the door and tell them to be quiet a couple of times.

On the other side, they're nice but not very friendly (especially the man). And randomly, they keep leaving an absolute tit ton of bread in their garden. Now I have two dogs, which this is TORMENTING. Not to mention I bet it attracts mice, rats etc :sick:

Nope can't stand them and they seriously are the neighbours from hell. Him he thinks he's gods gift and had the right to every parking space in the street he looks like doc ock from spiderman and she looks like beaker from the muppets red hair included!! I cant stand them and can't wait to win the lottery to move or wish they'd do one!!!

Reactions: 1
It is pot luck when it comes to neighbours. Apart from one prat, my last lot of neighbours were really lovely and friendly. Always passed the time of day with them in the street and my immediate neighbour