Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tilly3

VIP Member
Just thought I’d put this out there, as before we moved, we had really nosey neighbours,we ended up ghosting them it got so bad. We now live in the country side and our nearest neighbours are 2 fields away, they are lovely i might add.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Yolo_polo

I have the nosiest neighbour directly across from me. A few years ago my house was damaged in a storm, a large tree fell in my garden and my roof was badly damaged. Fortunately I was at the hairdressers at the time but my lovely neighbour thought it was appropriate to put the photos all over social media. I got a bit of a fright seeing my house in such a state all over Facebook, not exactly how you want news like that broken to you but it got her a few likes and shares which I suppose was the important thing to her!

• Wow
  • Angry

Trafalgar

VIP Member
We are moving house due to our neighbours. They are awful. The absolute epitome of scum. They have stunk out our house with the smell of weed, they are noisy all the time with music playing loudly. The seem incapable of shutting a door and it is slammed every time. They dump rubbish everywhere and expect others to clear it up. Have been evicted from 3 others properties for trashing them and not paying rent. The landlord here is now trying to get them out but its not going too well with the covid restrictions. If they died tomorrow we would have a party. It truly has been hell.

• Sad

Missmadness

No I don’t like mine.I live in Liverpool (nice area)the woman in the flat below me gets beaten up by her abusive shit of a fella.Horrible to listen to.Hes been in prison for beating her up,hate passing them in the communal area and everyone acting like nothing has gone on.

• Sad
  • Wow

Hopping12

We live in a cul de sac so you can’t fart without everyone knowing :rolleyes: Literally everyone knows everyone’s business.

Actual neighbours. They are ok-ish. The ones to the left of us... their house is what I can only can compare to a breeding ground for their ever revolving amount of dogs.... they get dogs let them have litters sell the pups then sell the dogs... say they aren’t having anymore pets and then low and Behold.... they get new ones. Never worked a day in their life but yet buy expensive breeds at about 2-3 grand a time.
used to have a low fence and they Used to hang bags of dog shit on not in individual sacks but pick it up with a bucket and spade and put in a co-op bag on the fence the smell was unbearable.... we’ve now got a normal height fence so that fixed that.
However now they’ve built their decking so high they are head and shoulders over the fence. Even worse when they have grandchildren round and they are in the play house (on stilts you know the tall ones open underneath) they can literally step over if they wanted too.
When we went on holiday they uploaded a photo on social media of their sons new car they brought him... parked in Our bay (that doesn’t bother me)however the ground was wet (middle of summer had no rain) from washing it.... using our water from the outside tap and our hose just laying on the ground next to it... were the only ones with an outside tap. So from now on whenever we go out we turn the water off completely as they then started using our water also to fill their hot tub. Made it obvious when they knocked and asked why our tap wasn’t working.

Neighbour otherside is ok..... only thing is she knocks constantly asking for shit... Saturday it was for milk Sunday it was gravy... I’m not nasty and would help anyone and she said she was up to her eyeballs in debt and crying.So do help her out... well did .. Monday morning out the front smoking tailor made fags and gloating about getting another chinchilla how she got a bargain on it for £250

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11

ClockworkDolly

VIP Member
Having recently moved to a detached house, I’m aware of having neighbours but not quite in the same degree as when I was semi-detached! 🤣 I must say, it is bliss. I would never go back to living in a semi ever again.

I have met my new neighbours and both lots are friendly, they’re always asking if I’m settling in well, etc. A bit of a car enthusiast on the other side, he lives with his parents and is a bit of a big kid, but parks his many cars on their drive. He revs the engine a bit too much as he is a boy racer, but seems harmless enough. Although he does have a man bun which no man should have! 🤣

What annoys me though about having detached houses in Britain is that the gardens are not detached too, i.e., people don’t have their own fences, you’ve always got to share a fence with your neighbour. I would quite happily have my own fences, provided they too had their own. 🤣🤣 In other words, piss off! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9

1001 others

VIP Member
We live in the country and can't see any of our neighbours which is very nice. We know of them, and say "hello" in passing but have very little to do with them. I don't like popper-inner types, so it suits me well.

Drea1984

Chatty Member
I think it’s best to just keep to hello terms with neighbours. It never ends well if you get pally with them. In my experience they just end up taking the piss! I’ve got my friends and don’t want my neighbours as friends really.

Live in a converted house in central London. Got an elderly woman above who’s lovely.
The other ones are scumbags. I’ve had them steal amazon packages. My kids birthday cards have been opened and left. I’m guess they were checking for money. They throw their rubbish everywhere including nappies. They also throw lit cigarettes down into our garden which burnt a hole in the trampoline. I absolutely hate them.

Planning to move out of London soon. Despite being born and bred I hate it and can’t wait to get out.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8

sapphiccharm

Yes/no.

On one side is an ignorant cow who slams her front door all hours of the day and night, has had two house parties during lockdown 1 & 2 and multiple people over that are obviously from differing households, plays her music so loud I can hear it over the tv, and stands in front of my living room window when she's on the phone and practically screams down it as if the person on the other end is deaf. Multiple arguments and screaming matches with boyfriend/s. I once watched her throw out her ex, along with his stuff out the bedroom window - it was literally like an episode of Hollyoaks. To top it off, she's so loud I've been unfortunate enough to hear her having sex...

On the other side is a funny, caring and lovely Scottish woman and her daughter. She has lived there since before I was even born. I honestly wish she was my godmother tbh. She'd literally drop everything to help you if you needed someone and has a spare key for whenever I go away. I clean her yard with a pressure washer once a year when I do mine and have helped her out with shopping and bits and pieces during covid and also left her some of my birthday cake or extras when baking to cheer her up.

• Heart
Oooh, it’s my first time posting on here, been lurking in the shadows but really felt the urge to pounce on this thread.
New neighbours, fantastic, lived here almost 3 years now. Old neighbourhood, awful. Told me what to do with my front garden, wanted the wheelie bin pulled straight back off of the drive after the bin men had literally pulled it off the back of the lorry from emptying, gauping in the street if we did something new, waving religiously every time we shut our blinds. The final nail in the coffin, went into hospital to have my Son (had a very quick birth) 2 hours long and came home at tea time, Partner got baby in first then came back to open the door for me, as he was doing so nosey Nora shouts over the wall “Oooooh you can’t fool me I’ve just seen the car seat go in with a baby in it, I’ll pop over tomorrow to have a gander” needless to say we didn’t open the door to her. No one needs that when they feel like they’ve just been kicked in the vag by a steel toecap. Most people wouldn’t call that hell but it was so intrusive it was just hideous, they made us move soooooo I’d say it was pretty awful.

• Wow

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Mine are ok. We live in between two dudes who both live on their own. One elderly and retired and the other is middle age. We say hello and have chatted a few times over the years, they’re nice enough, can’t imagine being friends with them though.

I can’t decide if I’d like to be especially close to my neighbours or not. I know some people become really good friends with their neighbours and can spend hours chatting over the fence and stuff and on the one hand that sounds lovely but on the other hand I’m a bit of an introvert and I like my privacy. Home is often somewhere where I ‘switch off’ from the outside world.

Last edited:
We only have one neighbour next to us and they are ok, couple with a baby daughter no problems, although they dug up the whole back garden and put it all on the front and there’s still a huge pile of mud there, you’d think it would get on there nerves 😅😅 our old neighbours were very odd. The story was that she owned the house and he was initially a lodger, they fell in love and ended up having a baby but they looked like they were in their late 50s/60s. She never worked I don’t think but he worked in a bakery, he was very odd, I once looked out the window and saw him stood naked on his sofa watching the lion king in black and white! Weird! They randomly split up and he knocked on the door to tell us they were moving out, he was actually a lot more normal than we thought.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Upintheair83

VIP Member
No!
I really feel torn on my behaviour in regards to them though. I live next door to this guy and his wife, and at first they were nice and chatty and even now they are.
We don’t share a drive way but there’s just like a little bush in between our two driveways so there’s literally no escaping them when they are out and I need to go to the car.
But I think lockdown has caused a massive rift in my own head. It all started when we were in total lockdown and they had their daughter and her son in the house when it was the strictest rules (bubbles weren’t a thing and she would come and go every few days) They knowingly broke the rules, as they hid her car in the garage. One day they obv tried to get the car out and it wouldn’t work so they knocked on to ask my partner to help. I just felt it was abit hard faced as me and my partner were sticking to the rules and we were also furloughed (airline industry) It was a real scary time and we would see him carrying on as normal, going to work, having his daughter round etc.At one point they even had friends round.
I suppose I became abit bitter about it. I felt like we weren’t going to work because idiots like him were still carrying on like there was no virus- yet he would cheerily ask ‘any news on work? Oh what a shame! You must be so bored!’ As he would set off to work with a smile and happily accepting over time.
I would try and just shrug it off and I’m sure he was genuinely being friendly but at times it really wound me up.
There was also a few remarks he made that wound me up- one showed what an utter snob he was (about people who have shared ownership are ‘poor people’) I hate that attitude, as my family come from a council house and I can’t stand that sort of shallow view. How dare he?!! And then he would remark about my job and say ‘you just make tea and coffee in the sky’ -I’m cabin crew, and yes I do do that, but there is also other things to it. I know it’s not rocket science but I’m very proud of my job so why does he have to judge it? Can’t he keep his opinions to himself?!!
He just says all the wrong things and I feel now I have to avoid him because if I don’t I just resent him even more.
I struggle because I don’t know if I’m being mean or not? I always speak to people and am always friendly but now I check the cctv to check he isn’t outside before I go outside to the bin or the garage!
Sometimes I feel I’m being unreasonable because in the scheme of things I know we could have A LOT worse! But he just drives me mad, he’s not the sort of person I would speak to so why should I just because he lives next to me?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7

Norfolking Good

VIP Member
We live in a new build terrace which is in a C shape with all the gardens in the middle, so this causes any noise to be amplified unfortunately.
our neighbours to the right seem very nice and we take the odd parcel in for them and vice versa. They seem nice and most importantly are quite quiet. The neighbours to the left are a nightmare. Both are retired so spend a lot of time in the garden. Both seem to be a bit hard of hearing so bellow and also have loud phone calls on speakerphone in the garden so you hear both sides. The wife then phones all her friends and has the same conversation over and over!
We had a bit of a falling out with them over their continuing power tool noise as she is so bored she just gets him to build all sorts in the garden. My husband asked them to tone it down as it was like living next to a building site so the husband came round threatening police, lawyers etc and basically they will do what they want. She now stands in the garden loudly slagging us off which is giving me anxiety every time I go out.We don’t engage in the slagging off as I refuse to lower myself to their level.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 6

Jg182

Yes, I brought out my childhood home when both my parents passed away. Most the neighbours are the same as when I was growing up here. It’s lovely, real mix of ages and people. People are friendly and chat but it’s not too over the top! We have a cute little WhatsApp group too!

• Heart
Reactions: 5

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Not really

I live in a weird kind of flat, its a massive house and we have the whole downstairs and our own garden, then our neighbours are upstairs and have their own garden. Their front door is next to our bathroom and one of the women there coughs like maaaad. Im sat on the toilet and she is like heaving shes coughing that much 🤮 trying to have a bath/shower shes coughing her guts up. Trying to bathe the buba shes borking and coughing honestly its so vile 🤣
We have our own drive but they have 3 cars and because we don't drive they have just claimed it. My fella wants to say something because our bubble drives and they have to park on the road and really it's our drive. Its probably petty but it gets on my nerves
Their always in the front on the drive. When we have the blinds open they look in! I was sat on the couch one day and had awkward eye contact because the bloke just peeked through the window. Why are you looking through my window!? I just keep the blinds closed
We say hiya and have little convo and their alright people i guess. They just do the annoying neighbour stuff 🤣 or im just really petty 🤷🏻‍♀️

Bleurghgram

VIP Member
I live above a couple in their 60s. They are very nice enough but fuck me, they do nothing but have an opinion on everything. Absolute curtain twitchers.

The man will police people for the slightest thing. He’s forever kicking off at people for parking wrong. He told my housemates boyfriend off for smoking outside. He once told a noisy woman on the street that she’d woken his baby up when they don’t have any children. They watch all of our comings and goings, if I haven’t gone to work they’ll ask why. Neither of them work and they’re just so nosy.

I’ve moved out for lockdown and went back to get a couple of parcels I’ve had delivered, they’d taken them in to their flat because they were worried my housemate would steal them - never mind the fact she has all of my worldly possessions in the room next to her.

They seem to like me so I don’t have run ins with them but it’s *almost* as bad as living with my parents.

• Wow