Do I want it? No. Do I need it? No. Save it!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was thinking of making a thread on “empties”, where we can post our empty beauty/skincare/anything items and encourage each other to use up things we already own? Instead of buying more x

would anyone be interested in joining? ♥
Yes please

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I was thinking of making a thread on “empties”, where we can post our empty beauty/skincare/anything items and encourage each other to use up things we already own? Instead of buying more x

would anyone be interested in joining? ♥
Yes I would like an empties / project pan thread 🙂. I’m currently project panning notebooks and perfumes and have banned myself from buying any more until I’ve used up my current stash.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
After mentioning lululemon I’ve manifested a discount code. Found a jumper and leggings that I’d like to buy, but don’t necessarily need… Taking all my strength not to click ‘check out and pay’. But will it help with motivation to go to the gym? My adanola leggings just keep falling down, and it might make me feel more put together 🥵
I'm so sorry to be the villain here but in my experience, no amount of nice new gym wear will make one go to the gym and on the other hand, if someone wants to workout, they will find a way 😂 Leggings that fall down are massively annoying, you have my sympathy. I got rid of all my saggy ones, that were rage inducing. Maybe you can find another alternative? Or make do until you really need them?

Reactions: 10
Hahahaha I know, just trying to kid myself and justify the order 🤪 I ordered them anyway but may return them. I always start off the month doing really well not spending, then it’s get to week 3 and I splurge… almost as a reward for the saving earlier on haha. I bought a few other things in the shops this weekend that I could’ve done with saving the money for instead. Can anyone else relate?
---
I'm so sorry to be the villain here but in my experience, no amount of nice new gym wear will make one go to the gym and on the other hand, if someone wants to workout, they will find a way 😂 Leggings that fall down are massively annoying, you have my sympathy. I got rid of all my saggy ones, that were rage inducing. Maybe you can find another alternative? Or make do until you really need them?

• Heart
Can I relate? 🙄😭 I’m going to have to take some back out of my savings I’d put away this month due to some spending idiocy over the weekend. So annoyed with myself. Was feeling a right smug bleep until now. 😔

• Heart
Well the house we were looking at moving to was absolutely stunning and was more money a month (we're renting until a family property becomes available) and we were prepared to spend the extra money, but today have been told that they're selling the property so we'd only be in the 6-12 months :( Guess we're saving money but not moving so!
---
After mentioning lululemon I’ve manifested a discount code. Found a jumper and leggings that I’d like to buy, but don’t necessarily need… Taking all my strength not to click ‘check out and pay’. But will it help with motivation to go to the gym? My adanola leggings just keep falling down, and it might make me feel more put together 🥵
I really recommend Asos 405 !!!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Can I relate? 🙄😭 I’m going to have to take some back out of my savings I’d put away this month due to some spending idiocy over the weekend. So annoyed with myself. Was feeling a right smug bleep until now. 😔
well you know you're not alone! ♥

it's just like having some compulsive need to spend explodes out of me, no matter what thrill and smugness I get from saving doesn't matter - I just want to spend some money. ffs. there's always next month....

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
well you know you're not alone! ♥

it's just like having some compulsive need to spend explodes out of me, no matter what thrill and smugness I get from saving doesn't matter - I just want to spend some money. ffs. there's always next month....
Progress not perfection - this month you did x weeks (3?), it’s not that big a push for you to do the extra week next month! Don’t count urself out at the first hurdle 🏃🏻‍♀️ we’ll be here to help through the last week too!

Not related to quote apols but I’ve ironically been burning a candle whilst having a productive finances moment. Have finished 2 candles semi recently too but am sticking to my blanket ban until end of Q1 lol. Have endured one of those in app chat customer service bits to increase a standing order and also done some SSISA admin! ✨

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I stopped myself buying a sandwich in the supermarket today, I was heading straight home and knew there were leftovers I could use. It was a close call though!
---
Convenience really does have a lot to answer for 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Had to go to the post office today for work so I popped into Greggs to grab mr moon a sandwich and I resisted the cakes! #proud 😂

I’ve really cut down on Amazon/Vinted shopping and takeaways, managed to save £100 so far since the beginning of January even though my hours have been cut in work. ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I am having a health scare at the moment. It really concentrates the mind. What is, and isn’t important. Any thoughts of treats of any kind are out of the window. It makes you realise how much time and money we waste for what reason? Boredom, unhappiness, fill a void?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
I am having a health scare at the moment. It really concentrates the mind. What is, and isn’t important. Any thoughts of treats of any kind are out of the window. It makes you realise how much time and money we waste for what reason? Boredom, unhappiness, fill a void?
Much love to you. I hope you’re ok.

I know exactly what you mean. When I look back at stuff I ‘had’ to have 5 years ago, I can’t remember any of it. It was all nonsense.

Reactions: 16
Much love to you. I hope you’re ok.

I know exactly what you mean. When I look back at stuff I ‘had’ to have 5 years ago, I can’t remember any of it. It was all nonsense.
Same, I can’t remember anything meaningful I bought. All seems like mindless crap 🥲 but the things I can remember are the wonderful memories I made. So I guess that shows the most important thing

@House of Tea hope you’re alright, sending lots of hugs and love xx

Reactions: 11
I hate it when a birthday or Christmas comes around and I literally can’t remember what I either got or gave the previous year, but I know I will have spent so much time and money on the gifts! I don’t know what shifted in my brain for this year, probably the same as all you lovely lot and that’s why we are here! Memories over material is the motto for me now 🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I’ve realised something very useful recently- money is power.

What I mean is that having money means I can deal with eventualities and feel comfortable in my day to day life. Giving away all my money to crap pointless purchases means I have less of that power. I would rather look at my bank account and feel relieved that I’ve got a decent amount of cash in there than anxious because I’ve got duck all and feel guilty for buying a load of crud. Having money makes me feel safe and less anxious. More reassured.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Definitely coming round to that way of thinking SilverBack.

Looking at our finances last night and the money we spend on debt etc each month is sickening.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve realised something very useful recently- money is power.

What I mean is that having money means I can deal with eventualities and feel comfortable in my day to day life. Giving away all my money to crap pointless purchases means I have less of that power. I would rather look at my bank account and feel relieved that I’ve got a decent amount of cash in there than anxious because I’ve got duck all and feel guilty for buying a load of crud. Having money makes me feel safe and less anxious. More reassured.
Yes also its nice knowing you have a bit to fall back on if something breaks and needs replacing.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.