Do I want it? No. Do I need it? No. Save it! #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve become spoiled and I’m at that point now where, when I see something that I like in the shops, my thoughts immediately are:
  • Do I want it? Do I need it?
  • Could I find it cheaper on Vinted / eBay?
  • Could I sew this myself? (Even though it’ll cost more but I can ✨personalise✨ it 😆)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I was recommended someone's videos when I was talking to friends/family about having more meaning in my life. So getting rid of and not buying things that don't mean anything.
So I think this recommendation is a gentle hint for me to think about watching restful videos with beautiful music, trees, flowers, fields, animals, the Irish pull, beautiful crockery, recipes, trips out to beautiful places, gardening, reading etc etc etc.
It also has a reminder of Beatrix Potter from this whimsical, creative farmers wife.
I was just watching one today and realised how it's been helping with my dejunking and purchases and not feeling guilty about reading or listening to music or a podcast, rather than doing something.
Anyway, I realised it might be kind to pass on this recommendation in case you might love them also and get something from them.

Enjoy......

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Tough love time mate 😂 why do you need it? Do you have t shirts? Will you be bare of back and unable to leave your house due to nudity without it? Pop it on the think about list
It’s fair to say I’ll not be marching around tits oot ! 😂
---
I’ve become spoiled and I’m at that point now where, when I see something that I like in the shops, my thoughts immediately are:
  • Do I want it? Do I need it?
  • Could I find it cheaper on Vinted / eBay?
  • Could I sew this myself? (Even though it’ll cost more but I can ✨personalise✨ it 😆)
That’s the thing - the only thing I really like about it is a graphic on it and contrasting arm bands. I am more than capable of sorting through my enormous fabric stash and making something with contrasting bands- and no graphic to fall apart in the wash.

I’m currently wearing a jumper I made a couple of weeks ago and the colour is 👌 with er… contrasting cuffs, collar and pockets.

I see… I’m just in a contrast phase. 😁

Reactions: 2
I’ve bumped this decluttering thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I have been doing well since January with little to no spending but my kids seem to have had a growth spurt and now they need some new clothes. The
problem is I don’t want to spend lol

• Haha
Reactions: 4
@allaboutthegossip mine waited until 30 mins before school on Monday to announce shoes didn’t fit and underpants elastic had gone. Oh and new PE kit. 🙄 obviously at no point during the holidays could they have mentioned that…

i didn’t buy the t-shirt. Not sure I’ve ever spent £30 on a t-shirt - even back in the day when I had £££. Given I live in the far north of Scotland and it’s rarely t-shirt weather, it’d be Hidden by a jumper anyway. If I’m gonna spend, it really should contain goretex! 😂

Stuck some more in a 6 month fixed bond yesterday. Tiny, incremental baby steps - but steps in the right direction.

The chickens are now laying daily - so between that, the lentil mountain And the fact the new job comes with a free lunch - my food bill will be almost nothing. Bloody kids still want feeding though. 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I was recommended someone's videos when I was talking to friends/family about having more meaning in my life. So getting rid of and not buying things that don't mean anything.
So I think this recommendation is a gentle hint for me to think about watching restful videos with beautiful music, trees, flowers, fields, animals, the Irish pull, beautiful crockery, recipes, trips out to beautiful places, gardening, reading etc etc etc.
It also has a reminder of Beatrix Potter from this whimsical, creative farmers wife.
I was just watching one today and realised how it's been helping with my dejunking and purchases and not feeling guilty about reading or listening to music or a podcast, rather than doing something.
Anyway, I realised it might be kind to pass on this recommendation in case you might love them also and get something from them.

Enjoy......
Thank you so much for this post. I’m experiencing burnout at the moment- I’ve been really tearful, exhausted and overwhelmed and I’m having some time off work to recuperate. This sort of content is exactly what I needed- slow, peaceful and calm.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thank you so much for this post. I’m experiencing burnout at the moment- I’ve been really tearful, exhausted and overwhelmed and I’m having some time off work to recuperate. This sort of content is exactly what I needed- slow, peaceful and calm.
I was so revved up when I was recommended it that I didn't really listen, so watched out of politeness. Then I realised after watching a few how calm I felt in myself.
So now I make a point of sitting down, getting comfy under a blanket and watching some. 😁

Reactions: 1
This is SO much better than bleach for the planet/us tbh - I use it in our toilets as we’ve got a septic tank, and in white washes, and to clean the dishwasher/washing machine too, and you can use it down drain holes too. It’s really good.
Ooh, my dishwasher needs cleaning and my drain holes.
Can't understand what's up with the dishwasher. Keeps leaving bits on my crockery. I've cleaned the filter as well. 🤔

Reactions: 1
Ooh, my dishwasher needs cleaning and my drain holes.
Can't understand what's up with the dishwasher. Keeps leaving bits on my crockery. I've cleaned the filter as well. 🤔
Is there anything trapped in the holes on the spinny bits? That was what was wrong with mine when I had the same issue ☺

Reactions: 3