Do I want it? No. Do I need it? No. Save it! #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes! There’s lots of eco cleaning brands online/on Insta, it’s all priced pretty much the same. I also get citric acid when I put in those orders, there’s a lot of bits available on those sites tbh!
I tried to get citric acid from our pharmacy after reading a magazine article. Was met with a funny silence. Friend later said druggies use it.
So I've never managed to get my hands on any. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I tried to get citric acid from our pharmacy after reading a magazine article. Was met with a funny silence. Friend later said druggies use it.
Ebay for both, for me, as it worked out a little cheaper than the evil big box site. Soda crystals with my supermarket order.

Reactions: 3
I remember reading about Americans cleaning with borax and tried to buy some to no avail. Something about it being an ingredient for making bombs. 🥴

• Wow
Reactions: 4
That's hilarious 😂 It's sold in the supermarkets where I live (outside UK) I'd never heard of this. I wonder what they do with it, it's not something I'd want around any orifice...

• Haha
Reactions: 4
They sell a borax substitute but it’s called something really vague like dishwasher cleaner or softener or something like that

Reactions: 1
I’ve failed abit this month, have needed to dip into my savings again! It’s partly just the cost of everything… but I know I’ve also bought a few bits that I could have lived without! I’ve slipped back into buying stuff on eBay which ends up adding up and is often a spontaneous click (eg I bought ribbons and then found more at home 🤦🏻‍♀️)

• Heart
I spent most of a day going through my (bulging) wardrobe and got rid of just few bits but actually seeing how much I have inspired me to ‘shop’ my wardrobe more and kind of put me off even looking at new things (charity shops are my downfall!) as there’s already an unmanageable amount here.

If temptation strikes in future I’m going to do a 30 minute ‘wardrobe organise’ before I decide if I ‘need’ something.

Reactions: 11
I'm finding the pricing in our local charity shop off putting anyway so it helps. It's one of those that attempts to present as a boutique so rare to find a bargain.

Reactions: 2
I'm finding the pricing in our local charity shop off putting anyway so it helps. It's one of those that attempts to present as a boutique so rare to find a bargain.
I don't mind the pricing as long as the product warrants it. I had a local charity with 2 shops, 1 jumble sale type and 1 boutique. I was always in the boutique.
Marie Curie are the charity near me that take the piss though

I miss the jumble sale ones (what happened to jumble sales? They were the highlight of my childhood 🤩) It seems in SE anyway, there's been a huge reduction in boot fairs, garage sales etc or maybe since lockdown I've just not looked. I bought enough off eBay during lockdown. Trying to clear it all now!

I get citric acid from Amazon. I use it on limescale, especially in our toilets, which gets really bad.

I really need to get back on track 😂
Any tips? I still have my savings, but I've got a little bit on my credit card I need to pay off and I also agreed to help my parents and get them a loan in my name which they're paying but I desperately want it paid off quicker to help me and my credit score!
I just need to learn to say no, and stick to it but finding it so hard recently !!!

Urgh I failed yesterday. Was the day before payday and I had a crappy few weeks so I gave myself a £20 budget to go to Boots with. I got a Milani blush which is decent but the Elf eyeshadow stick I got has given me really horribly sore eyes. Great.
I’m determined to get through this month with a decent float left at the end. Several days out in London decimated last months’s pay- the train alone is £70 for the four of us.

• Sad
I really need to get back on track 😂
Any tips? I still have my savings, but I've got a little bit on my credit card I need to pay off and I also agreed to help my parents and get them a loan in my name which they're paying but I desperately want it paid off quicker to help me and my credit score!
I just need to learn to say no, and stick to it but finding it so hard recently !!!
I wouldn’t worry about credit score tbh, we’re not like the US where everything boils down to the number alone - lenders look at a number of different factors to assess credit worthiness. But with that said, taking out credit only negatively impacts those assessments so as challenging as it is, I’d definitely think twice about that? Like personally I only lend money I’d be ok losing, and I’d never take on a financial commitment for someone else (like the banks have said no for a reason, I don’t have the cash reservoir a bank has so I have no appetite to take on clients they’ve rejected). I know it’s hard cos they’re your parents but ngl I would run a mile from that situ 🫣

Idk if that’s the help you needed to say no, I feel bad even saying it sorry

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I wouldn’t worry about credit score tbh, we’re not like the US where everything boils down to the number alone - lenders look at a number of different factors to assess credit worthiness. But with that said, taking out credit only negatively impacts those assessments so as challenging as it is, I’d definitely think twice about that? Like personally I only lend money I’d be ok losing, and I’d never take on a financial commitment for someone else (like the banks have said no for a reason, I don’t have the cash reservoir a bank has so I have no appetite to take on clients they’ve rejected). I know it’s hard cos they’re your parents but ngl I would run a mile from that situ 🫣

Idk if that’s the help you needed to say no, I feel bad even saying it sorry
Don't be sorry it's okay 😂

The only reason I want it paid off asap and to increase my credit score is because we are looking to buy next year, so I agreed to help my parents out as I know they wouldn't miss a payment - if it was someone else in my family I would straight up say no, but I know I can trust them!
If I had the money myself I would have leant it there and then, but my larger savings are in my Moneybox for the house :/

I just need some help with saving money everyday or even ways to make a little extra really!

The only reason I want it paid off asap and to increase my credit score is because we are looking to buy next year, so I agreed to help my parents out as I know they wouldn't miss a payment - if it was someone else in my family I would straight up say no, but I know I can trust them!
If I had the money myself I would have leant it there and then, but my larger savings are in my Moneybox for the house :/

I just need some help with saving money everyday or even ways to make a little extra really!
Have you got a railcard or been using family tickets if pricey trains are a problem?

I use Chase for everyday debit spending. You get 1% cashback, can ‘round up’ to a higher rate savings account and their standard savings are at 4.1%.

I assume you’ve maxed out your LISA for buying next year? Good luck!

You'll probably need the loan paid off before you start applying for a mortgage, as I think they'll take it into account when looking at your affordability. (but you might already know this and have taken it into account!)

You'll probably need the loan paid off before you start applying for a mortgage, as I think they'll take it into account when looking at your affordability. (but you might already know this and have taken it into account!)
+1 for this. We went through the remortgage process recently and it’s the first (of 3) processes where they’ve really asked a lot of questions about ~mid size spends (it was anything over about £700) to make sure they weren’t ongoing financial commitments. They’re really funny about it atm as obviously rates are going up & lots of people are struggling to make minimum payments/the economy is fucked.

You’ll want at least 3 months of bank statements clean of it before you apply via a broker, possibly 6, and even then they can ask why you borrowed as it’ll appear on your credit file. Idk I’d either revise your timeline to buy or the loan plans! Because you don’t then want to be rejected for a mortgage product as that’ll need declaring at every single application process.

Reactions: 1
Urgh I failed yesterday. Was the day before payday and I had a crappy few weeks so I gave myself a £20 budget to go to Boots with. I got a Milani blush which is decent but the Elf eyeshadow stick I got has given me really horribly sore eyes. Great.
I’m determined to get through this month with a decent float left at the end. Several days out in London decimated last months’s pay- the train alone is £70 for the four of us.
Id take the stick back to boots, they’re fairly good ant returns especially if you’ve had a reaction to it.