DLAM - Dress Like a Mum

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her parents are seriously loaded did you see the stories when she went to their house? Thatā€™s why most of these ā€œinfluencersā€ can do what they do as they already have money so donā€™t have to work so can go to events and then post about it and return get all the free tit. Her dress sense is awful, like a toddler every story starts on Oxford street ā€œJust going to a meeting?ā€ Shes out in the evening so often so must have lots of help with the kids so so grabby and I just canā€™t stand her. Along with the rest of them

Reactions: 4
She is terrible. She is one of the worst for declaring Ads and has always been so shady with transparency itā€™s disgusting. Her whole schtick is ā€œconsume consume consumeā€.
She has lots of followers yet her engagement is dire.
And yes sheā€™s clearly another loaded public school girl. But this is where we need to take some responsibility- unless DLAM has paid for a huge proportion of her followers (possible!), then itā€™s our own fault for following and encouraging and validating these white rich people.

Reactions: 8
She contributes nothing. Itā€™s all about having more stuff or getting invited to free events. As others say sheā€™s from such a wealthy background that it matters not as to what her own career choices are.

So relatable

Reactions: 3
Whatā€™s Friday Laaaange?
She used to stand in front of an (Instagrammable, natch) wall and do a lunge while saying ā€˜Friday laaaange! Friday laaaange!ā€™. Sometimes getting her kids and sometimes other Igers involved.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Some of her clothes I really like. And a lot of her handbags (Hill & Friends #gifted) are really expensive and gorgeous. But I agree with others, her account just seems to be about showcasing more and more stuff all the time and is peak consumerism. I'm not surprised her wardrobe broke. It would be great if she could use her #ad #gifted stuff to give other mums who don't have the same privilege as her a makeover once she's done with it, and/or raffle some of her many many #gifted clothes off for charity. At least that way she would be giving stuff back and not be just a sequin-spangled clothes horse.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I saw her via Hungermamaā€™s account. Sheā€™s one of the Peckham Posse. I recognised the greengrocer shot as the old style
one in Nunhead. I couldnā€™t understand the name if her account and can understand less of her posts. Utterly pointless unless you are an avaricious witch.

• Haha
I couldnā€™t understand the name if her account and can understand less of her posts. Utterly pointless unless you are an avaricious witch
From her blog,
ā€˜DRESS LIKE A MUM is a campaign to change the bad image of dressing like a mum.

I want to change the bad rep and perception that mums can't dress; that we automatically lose our sense of style and our passion for fashion just because we have a kid or 2, because we don'tā€™

Itā€™s a CAMPAIGN, dontcha know? A Nobel prize and MBE is just round the corner. Although, I donā€™t really think she HAS done anything to change the perception of ā€˜mum dressingā€™ because her style is awful.

(Disclaimer: dress how you bleeping want to, mum or not. The only reason Iā€™m commenting on her dress sense is because itā€™s her USP, which is dressed up as some sort of benevolent gift to society, when in actual fact, itā€™s just a tool for her to get free stuff).

• Haha
From her blog,
ā€˜DRESS LIKE A MUM is a campaign to change the bad image of dressing like a mum.

I want to change the bad rep and perception that mums can't dress; that we automatically lose our sense of style and our passion for fashion just because we have a kid or 2, because we don'tā€™

Itā€™s a CAMPAIGN, dontcha know? A Nobel prize and MBE is just round the corner. Although, I donā€™t really think she HAS done anything to change the perception of ā€˜mum dressingā€™ because her style is awful.

(Disclaimer: dress how you bleeping want to, mum or not. The only reason Iā€™m commenting on her dress sense is because itā€™s her USP, which is dressed up as some sort of benevolent gift to society, when in actual fact, itā€™s just a tool for her to get free stuff).
So much of this is wrong isnā€™t it? Incredibly patronising. How did us mums manage without you Zoe?
The only people I can think this is aimed at is someone whoā€™s just had a baby. Whoā€™s having a wobble and identity crisis, feeling all hormonal. I.e incredibly vulnerable.
Iā€™ve been there and bought crap advertised by instamums not realising they got given it for free.
The opposite of empowering

Reactions: 10
I saw her via Hungermamaā€™s account. Sheā€™s one of the Peckham Posse. I recognised the greengrocer shot as the old style
one in Nunhead. I couldnā€™t understand the name if her account and can understand less of her posts. Utterly pointless unless you are an avaricious witch.
She was helping all females by having a gifted wax yesterday and then selflessly telling us all how it works and what to expect.

These women are akin to mother Theresa

• Haha
The skirt she was wearing yesterday was Ā£150 (obvs she got it as a ā€˜giftā€™). She suggests buying the matching top (for Ā£140) so you can breastfeed.
So Ā£290 for an affordable outfit for mums - thatā€™s what sheā€™s all about after all.
Itā€™s dry clean as well so really easy to care for as your baby vomits down you and milk leaks
Thanks for this empowering, affordable fashion option for us mamas šŸ™Œ

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
She was helping all females by having a gifted wax yesterday and then selflessly telling us all how it works and what to expect.

These women are akin to mother Theresa
Canā€™t believe Hungermama is nearly 40 and never had any waxing done? I used to get my bikini line done frequently, but ended up with ingrown hairs that turned into cysts and had to be surgically removed. I now wouldnā€™t bother. I have used the cream in the past which is fine. I have fair hair on my legs so donā€™t bother with hair removal there any more. Itā€™s nice to be natural. If I was dark haired then I guess I would need a rethink.

Reactions: 1
DLAM is another on exploiting new mums' vulnerability for her own gain.

Oh my god thanks whoever mentioned eht makeup videos! šŸ˜‚ I've become hysterical. If you have ten minutes watch the 'long wear makeup tutorial' on her grid.... It's where she's getting ready to go to the tennis. It is the most unintentionally funny thing I've seen in a while. It's so tit.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Spot on

Some of her clothes I really like. And a lot of her handbags (Hill & Friends #gifted) are really expensive and gorgeous. But I agree with others, her account just seems to be about showcasing more and more stuff all the time and is peak consumerism. I'm not surprised her wardrobe broke. It would be great if she could use her #ad #gifted stuff to give other mums who don't have the same privilege as her a makeover once she's done with it, and/or raffle some of her many many #gifted clothes off for charity. At least that way she would be giving stuff back and not be just a sequin-spangled clothes horse.
She sells them at @preloveddesignersale šŸ™ƒ

Reactions: 1