DLAM - Dress Like a Mum

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
These instamums have created huge anxiety and depression amongst hundreds of thousands of mums. Dress like a mum? Ok so now we feel the pressure on top of all the other pressures of being a mum to look catwalk ready on the school run (looking at you too Finlay Fox, #fashtagfriday) We bought all the mama merchandise at the beginning as we wanted to belong but we didn’t know then naively that of course you were all gifted it and it was one big AD right from the start. We bought it hook line and sinker. The main clique of instamums are all posh white rich girls. You feel that Style me Sunday and candice are allowed in the crew because it adds edge to them & they have a cool look. It’s all so false and for a lot of us not living in London just watching them at free events, opening free gifts daily, all on way to Bestival of course it’s causing people to be pissed off.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The Bestival love in has started 😁.

Shall we start a book for glittery mermaid suits x3, batgirl capes and red pull along trucks for the exhausted children 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She’s been doing a good job trying to blag an electric car from Renault on Mamalinas page. DLAM is one of my main pet peeves in the instamum world. Free clothes, out every night, another festival..... what a thing to aspire to!??? (For the record, i’m teacher and bloody love it. Would not give it up for the dross that these guys post daily).

She’s been doing a good job trying to blag an electric car from Renault on Mamalinas page
Urgh, she’s already had a Mercedes for a year, which she didn’t declare as a gift or an ad because apparently these car companies are happy to lend influencers a car for 12 months without any expectation of a good review or even an ad post 🙄
And remember when she tried to blag one of those car seats after her third was born but the company didn’t bite? 🤣 She is utterly, utterly shameless.

• Haha
I've just watched her IG stories - her event is about start and she pans round saying "there's lots of people come to ..." then realises that there is actually next to no one in the tent and pans back and starts showing them setting up instead :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Does anyone really need that amount of glitter of their face, too? It smacks of ‘I’m wacky, me’.

• Heart
The feckless nanny had tons of glitter too. Pop over to their account. I’ve always hated glitter. It gets everywhere and never leaves. It’s banned in my house.

I've just watched her IG stories - her event is about start and she pans round saying "there's lots of people come to ..." then realises that there is actually next to no one in the tent and pans back and starts showing them setting up instead :LOL:
She’s morphing into DMBL40 with her gurning photos and she’s selling dresses while at Bestival.

Reactions: 3
the back drop looks like my mums front room wallpaper from the 70s 🤣

Reactions: 1
Now you guys make me want to go look I unfollowed a while back.
The London mamas do my box.

Now you guys make me want to go look I unfollowed a while back.
The London mamas do my box.

This has just made my day. Had to go watch, there is noone there!

64F9B0B3-9597-4BC7-B642-3DD140B9301A.jpeg
I’ve just had a look to see what her ‘event’ is. Who the duck would bother to go and listen to this?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The feckless nanny had tons of glitter too. Pop over to their account. I’ve always hated glitter. It gets everywhere and never leaves. It’s banned in my house.

She’s morphing into DMBL40 with her gurning photos.
View attachment 30366View attachment 30366I’ve just had a look to see what her ‘event’ is. Who the duck would bother to go and listen to this?
The Mama’s what, attention rogue apostrophe!! My bugbear.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Oh my word that set up in that tent looks beyond crap!!! How much are people paying for this terrible experience?

That had to be one of the cringiest things on the gram 🤣🤣 I think she stopped it after it was mentioned on the MN threads although she always maintained she never read them.
I had to unfollow her ages ago because she made my skin crawl! So entitled and out of touch with reality for most parents

From her blog,
‘DRESS LIKE A MUM is a campaign to change the bad image of dressing like a mum.

I want to change the bad rep and perception that mums can't dress; that we automatically lose our sense of style and our passion for fashion just because we have a kid or 2, because we don't’

It’s a CAMPAIGN, dontcha know? A Nobel prize and MBE is just round the corner. Although, I don’t really think she HAS done anything to change the perception of ‘mum dressing’ because her style is awful.

(Disclaimer: dress how you bleeping want to, mum or not. The only reason I’m commenting on her dress sense is because it’s her USP, which is dressed up as some sort of benevolent gift to society, when in actual fact, it’s just a tool for her to get free stuff).
Exactly, and I, like many mums I know dress in old jeans/leggings and t-shirts because they fit me and I don’t have the insane amounts of money/gifted clothes these people have to parade myself in front of walls in super shiny outfits everyday! Utter consumerism gone mad, before I woke up and unfollowed them all I found myself starting to feel really down and feeling like I must have ‘lost my sense of style’ like a boring old frumpy mum as she makes out. The reality is I’m just not loaded and also don’t want to dress so I’m the centre of attention at the school gates, I’m there to drop off/pick up my kids and they don’t care if my jumpers got a hole in it or is way older than them 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Oh dear, her story just now of the OD's "set". I feel like I should have a shower after watching it.

• Haha