Divorce - funny and not so funny!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry to turn this into a moaning about divorce thread but what a bastard year this fortnight has been.

We've reached the point of signing the D81 for the second time. The mentalist has made accusations that I've behaved fraudulently in the paperwork. It isn't true and I can prove that but I've been advised I can't sign the paperwork. Mainly because when you sign it's to say it's a true and accurate representation, which of course it isn't. He's also threatened to report me to my employer for said behaviour on the basis I've broken their code of ethics. Therefore I can't even sign it just to get rid of him. I have to fight it.

Totally, totally mad. He's spun this version of events but it's like he hasn't even considered that I might have emails etc that prove I'm innocent of what he accuses. It's going to end up as a full court case I think and it'll be bloody expensive.

He's been away in holiday this last week. Must be nice to just ditch the few responsibilities you have to your children and just duck off. Meanwhile I haven't been out socially for over a year.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
We’re heading for arbitration, my ex wants the house sold end off. Will an arbitrator/court enforce this? I thought the kids had to have a home until the youngest was 18. For reference I have a 5 and 2.5year old, he earns 54k a year so can afford half a mortgage on this house and to move on himself and re buy with his mistress he just doesn’t want me to have the house…
I have said I will pay all bills but we split the mortgage until my youngest is 18 and we will sell then or if there’s any triggers before then

• Sad
Reactions: 2
We’re heading for arbitration, my ex wants the house sold end off. Will an arbitrator/court enforce this? I thought the kids had to have a home until the youngest was 18. For reference I have a 5 and 2.5year old, he earns 54k a year so can afford half a mortgage on this house and to move on himself and re buy with his mistress he just doesn’t want me to have the house…
I have said I will pay all bills but we split the mortgage until my youngest is 18 and we will sell then or if there’s any triggers before then
You may need to speak to your solicitor and see if you have grounds to apply for a Mesher Order. That can allow the sale of property to be pushed back to a certain date, for example, when the youngest child reaches 18. They aren't suitable in all cases though and unfortunately I don't really understand all the ins and outs fully so can't explain it properly.

Reactions: 1
My parents are getting divorced.
My mum speaks limited English so I am mostly dealing with the lawyer. My dad has been a nightmare throughout the process so far.

My brother has been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer this week. My mum does not yet know- this will break her. She is so stressed out by this whole divorce. I told my dad about my brother in the hopes that he may becomes more cooperative. The day after I tell him, he says he wants £10k to buy a car.

I’m speechless and heartbroken. I’m sorry if this isn’t the right place to post.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
My parents are getting divorced.
My mum speaks limited English so I am mostly dealing with the lawyer. My dad has been a nightmare throughout the process so far.

My brother has been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer this week. My mum does not yet know- this will break her. She is so stressed out by this whole divorce. I told my dad about my brother in the hopes that he may becomes more cooperative. The day after I tell him, he says he wants £10k to buy a car.

I’m speechless and heartbroken. I’m sorry if this isn’t the right place to post.
That's awful. How are you? Are you coping with managing everything? It must be a lot of pressure. Especially with your brother being unwell too.

• Heart
I don’t think divorce is like it was 20 years ago for women. I think now the blokes rights are taken more into consideration.
I don’t think the woman can now stay in the house til the youngest child is 18.
I may be wrong. I hope I am

You may need to speak to your solicitor and see if you have grounds to apply for a Mesher Order. That can allow the sale of property to be pushed back to a certain date, for example, when the youngest child reaches 18. They aren't suitable in all cases though and unfortunately I don't really understand all the ins and outs fully so can't explain it properly.
She has mentioned a Mesher order before, I need to ask for more information thank you. I have put more money into our house pre kids but now I’m limited to how much I can work them being so young so need the help with the mortgage. I’m asking for that in place of spousal matience which is entitled too being a long marriage. God it’s so hard the unknowing of divorce, I wish you could know it would all be okay you just need to be patience but you don’t have that

• Heart
She has mentioned a Mesher order before, I need to ask for more information thank you. I have put more money into our house pre kids but now I’m limited to how much I can work them being so young so need the help with the mortgage. I’m asking for that in place of spousal matience which is entitled too being a long marriage. God it’s so hard the unknowing of divorce, I wish you could know it would all be okay you just need to be patience but you don’t have that
I really wish there was a chat function on here because I'm still in the middle of it all too and it's sodding awful. I'm happy to be an ear on here whenever you need to vent though.

I may have to leave my job next year. They've been great adjusting my hours but require me to go back to shift hours ASAP. I can't do that until the divorce has gone through and he finds somewhere to live and actually agrees to share childcare. It's extremely difficult watching my hard earned career potentially evaporate in front of me. That's made worse because it's deliberate on his part. He wants me to have to give it up because he knows how much it means to me and doesn't seem to care about the impact it will have on the children.

It doesn't help that what I do is a bit niche so I don't really know where to start looking for something else and I'm limited to what I can do with the hours I can physically attend a work place anyway. I'm trying not to think about what happens if I'm not working money wise because it's just too much to contemplate.

I'll be thinking of you and I hope you get some decent guidance from your solicitor x

• Heart
I really wish there was a chat function on here because I'm still in the middle of it all too and it's sodding awful. I'm happy to be an ear on here whenever you need to vent though.

I may have to leave my job next year. They've been great adjusting my hours but require me to go back to shift hours ASAP. I can't do that until the divorce has gone through and he finds somewhere to live and actually agrees to share childcare. It's extremely difficult watching my hard earned career potentially evaporate in front of me. That's made worse because it's deliberate on his part. He wants me to have to give it up because he knows how much it means to me and doesn't seem to care about the impact it will have on the children.

It doesn't help that what I do is a bit niche so I don't really know where to start looking for something else and I'm limited to what I can do with the hours I can physically attend a work place anyway. I'm trying not to think about what happens if I'm not working money wise because it's just too much to contemplate.

I'll be thinking of you and I hope you get some decent guidance from your solicitor x
Same back to you! I think we have a lot in common especially about the childcare I’m in the same boat with not knowing.
I’m sorry he’s doing that with your career, pathetic men trying to get whatever power he can. I really hope he doesn’t win and you’re able to find a way around it. I’ve been researching mesher in more detail tonight, it will end one day! ❤

• Heart

Do not leave your job. Speak to an employment solicitor about whether this might constitute indirect discrimination.

Do not leave your job. Speak to an employment solicitor about whether this might constitute indirect discrimination.
Thank you. I won't be leaving voluntarily but no, it doesn't. I was employed to carry out a particular shift pattern which I now can't meet. I am a member of my union though so I'll consult them if I need to.

Thank you. I won't be leaving voluntarily but no, it doesn't. I was employed to carry out a particular shift pattern which I now can't meet. I am a member of my union though so I'll consult them if I need to.
You've probably got a lot on but I'd consult with the union asap, there may be things you can do now that will help, rather than leaving it until crunch point.

• Heart
You've probably got a lot on but I'd consult with the union asap, there may be things you can do now that will help, rather than leaving it until crunch point.
Thank you. I have got a lot on but you're probably right. I've been trying to ignore it to be honest, in amongst all the other stuff. I appreciate the advice. I don't like the idea of 'being a problem' but actually, just asking for advice isn't being a problem so I'll have to put my anxiety about that to one side.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Go take a look at what skanky price has pulled over her ex-husband! It seems she has had a social worker in her pocket and together they've invented all sorts of stuff to stop him getting anywhere near his children! This woman was her caseworker but has nevertheless been advising her the whole time on what to do to stymie him - hardly keeping neutral and basing the case on FACTS concerning two suffering children.

I'm disgusted with this which surprised even ME because years ago I thought I would have done just about anything to stop my ex having anything to do with our children because he was such a bastard to us, but commonsense prevailed and that was that. (When they were old enough they formed their own opinion that YES he is an Arse but thats by-the-by! )
Skanky has managed to set-back progress in the social services departments across the country by doing this and who will trust them any longer?And whilst this idiot "celeb"-struck woman has been fired from her job it seems she is now working for the bankrupt looking after the kids she was supposed to be protecting! Jeez...............................

• Wow
That's awful. How are you? Are you coping with managing everything? It must be a lot of pressure. Especially with your brother being unwell too.
Thank you for asking ❤
My husband is a great support and helps with the lawyer side of things. The news about my brother has broken my heart, he has had such a tough life and is only in his early 30’s. I am keeping myself occupied between work and my toddler.

• Heart