Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jojoo

Chatty Member
I sent my solicitor an email today with the go ahead when they re open in janaury. Its been a long year hurt but still hard 💔 Christmas Eve after getting all the presents ready for my two young kids Christmas Eve a card came from the woman he had an affair with. Thanking me for sharing my husband with her this year and a photo of them both. I though this suit only happened in films

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 57

candyland_

VIP Member
I sent my solicitor an email today with the go ahead when they re open in janaury. Its been a long year hurt but still hard 💔 Christmas Eve after getting all the presents ready for my two young kids Christmas Eve a card came from the woman he had an affair with. Thanking me for sharing my husband with her this year and a photo of them both. I though this suit only happened in films
What a cunt.! It’s only a matter of time before he does the same to her. On Valentine’s Day I’d send an anonymous fake card saying you are shagging her man.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

Rach88

VIP Member
Not mine but my mums and dads divorce they spilt up on my 18th birthday in march and on Christmas Eve that year he came to announce he was moving in with his new girlfriend and it was better it came from him and my mum dived her head into a box of wine and sang last Christmas and changed the words to this Christmas he stomped on my heart 💀😭 got ptsd from that song and cant stand to listen to it ever since beg people to skip it even nearly 12 years later cheers ma 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
It's a year today since I told my husband I wanted us to divorce. The last 12 months has been a bit of a slog, mainly due to him making everything difficult.

The funniest thing so far (although I appreciate it might only be amusing to me) is him emailing our mediator to tell her he wasn't prepared to continue using her service because she was condescending and wouldn't listen to him when discussing a subject he knew more about. I'm still not exactly sure what possible subject could have been relevant in the meeting, that he would have known more about than her but that email gave me hours of amusement.

I'm really hoping that by this point next year the divorce will be finalised. It's stalled at the Decree Nisi at the moment due to his refusal to get on with the financial settlement.

In the meantime, here's to 2023 my fellow divorcees.

Oh, he shaved his hair shortly after we split and has kept it short. It's now a weird mix of shaved very short and balding. He looks a bit like a boiled egg which I find quite amusing too 🥚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

Rosie glow

VIP Member
My husbands ex wife had no interest in divorce until some sap wanted her to marry him then she couldn't do it fast enough badgering my husband to make sure he filled in paperwork and send it back quickly etc. Lots of bragging about the wedding then the night before she found out he was shagging her best friend karma is a bitch 😅

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

N0s3yr0s3y

VIP Member
Oh
What a bitch, she must be very insecure. Sending you strength for the coming months x

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Jojoo

Chatty Member
What a cunt.! It’s only a matter of time before he does the same to her. On Valentine’s Day I’d send an anonymous fake card saying you are shagging her man.
Tempting but I know staying silent will piss her off more. I busted them once and she told him the worse part was how calm I was. Fell apart once I was in the car with my friend but I stayed so cool in front of them

• Heart
Reactions: 12

N0s3yr0s3y

VIP Member
Tempting but I know staying silent will piss her off more. I busted them once and she told him the worse part was how calm I was. Fell apart once I was in the car with my friend but I stayed so cool in front of them
Seems she’s wants a reaction out of you so she can say you’re batshit & feel better about her shitty actions. Tell that bitch from me ‘How you get them, is how you lose them’ 🖕🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Disneylifeonly

VIP Member
Here’s a fun one for you all

I was married to a complete and utter piece of shit. Divorce finalised in 2021. I am happy now I have a baby and am engaged to a wonderful man.

anyway

piece of shit ex treated me like crap throughout our short one year marriage. One day it all came to a head and he said it was officially over.
Fast forward a year later and I find out from someone who was my friend, that the real reason he ended it when he did and was so devastated when I moved on and kept begging for me back was because she told him he had to end it after he revealed to her a secret.
That the day before our one year anniversary he cheated on me
With my brothers wife

• Wow
Reactions: 10

melisnusty

Not divorce yet but my marriage of 23 years has just ended. I’m still in the marital home with 3 grown up children. Is it odd to say I don’t know how I feel?

• Heart
Reactions: 9

LByrne74

VIP Member
Hope you got the result you wanted!
Yes thank you, it was actually quite amicable in the end and we shook hands (my ex and I) and he thanked me for what I said in court in his defence (judge was a bit tricky re some financial aspects). No more court dates now thankfully and officially divorced.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Gossipgirl79

Can I ask how you knew it was time for divorce? Been with my husband 6 years, married for 2, had a baby 3 months ago. I just broke down in tears and told him how unhappy I am….that feel like I’m constantly worried I’m annoying him, that he doesn’t seem happy, he barely talks to me. He said that this is just what happens after a few years; “it’s not amazing, it’s just ok, but I’m fine with that.” Am I wrong to not want to settle for ok for the next 50 years?

• Heart
Reactions: 8

allthingschocolate

I’ve been divorced 3 years now, did my ex husband on grounds of adultery after he left me for the OW he’d been having an affair with though he stated he hadn’t cheated 🤷‍♀️blah blah blah! I moved out our martial Home and he moved her in the very next day! Our poor daughter had to witness all this! a year later he was engaged to her before our divorce was even finalised 🤦‍♀️🙄 they are since married and have a toddler together 😁so that’s my experience of divorce! Doubt I’ll ever get married again 🥲 Divorce is such a long winded process but worth it in the end to no longer be associated to that person

Wow what a Piece of work she is 😫I am so sorry your going through this I’ve been through similar with my ex husbands wife and have finally come out the other side a stronger and better person you will get there eventually with time I hope you have a good support network surrounding you to get you through it

Last edited:
  • Heart

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
It's a year today since I told my husband I wanted us to divorce. The last 12 months has been a bit of a slog, mainly due to him making everything difficult.

The funniest thing so far (although I appreciate it might only be amusing to me) is him emailing our mediator to tell her he wasn't prepared to continue using her service because she was condescending and wouldn't listen to him when discussing a subject he knew more about. I'm still not exactly sure what possible subject could have been relevant in the meeting, that he would have known more about than her but that email gave me hours of amusement.

I'm really hoping that by this point next year the divorce will be finalised. It's stalled at the Decree Nisi at the moment due to his refusal to get on with the financial settlement.

In the meantime, here's to 2023 my fellow divorcees.

Oh, he shaved his hair shortly after we split and has kept it short. It's now a weird mix of shaved very short and balding. He looks a bit like a boiled egg which I find quite amusing too 🥚
Oh wishing you all the best.

It took me 3 years to extractic myself, very happy now.
Got a new house, and just bought myself a new sports car 🚗
He is very jealous!!

• Heart

Jojoo

Chatty Member
Oh I’ve just lost it, kicking myself, I’m so good at ignoring stuff and crying when I’m in the shower etc showing that nothing gets to me but I let rip. How do you just shut the pain off. Sorry, don’t really know where to post this anymore

• Heart
Reactions: 6

call.me.coco

Chatty Member
My parents are getting divorced.
My mum speaks limited English so I am mostly dealing with the lawyer. My dad has been a nightmare throughout the process so far.

My brother has been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer this week. My mum does not yet know- this will break her. She is so stressed out by this whole divorce. I told my dad about my brother in the hopes that he may becomes more cooperative. The day after I tell him, he says he wants £10k to buy a car.

I’m speechless and heartbroken. I’m sorry if this isn’t the right place to post.

• Sad

Angrysue_

Chatty Member
I am in a same sex marriage and last week found that my wife had cheated on me by kissing another women. We can't get passed it.
I am in for a bumpy ride I know, and so desperately searching for support through this.

I hope you are all ok xxx

• Heart
You lot will like this... my soon to be Ex's latest suggestion (via solicitor, which almost makes it worse) is that we keep our joint account and I get the Child Benefit paid into it as well as the maintenance and from that account we can buy things like uniform and swimming lessons etc. Oh and we have to get agreement from the other person to spend it.

This is a man who does not have shared custody, he never has his children overnight and doesn't have them for very long periods of time when he does see them (usually one at a time for a couple of hours). He doesn't buy uniform or pay for swimming lessons. I do.

He's off his head and I'm astounded his solicitor had allowed him to ask for such a thing to continue.

I'm divorcing you, you twat. I don't want to be connected to you financially. All this and he also got into debt a lot so no thank you, I don't wish to be linked to you. Madness. Just madness.

• Wow

Rita Chevrolet

VIP Member
I have been divorced for ages and am happily settled in a new relationship. My ex is still a twat and his behaviour with our (adult kids) is like a red rag to a bull for me. When does the anger end?
Darling it never does! 38 years on I still despise my ex with every fibre of my being but I can take comfort in that the kids I gave him are a credit, they're handsome, clever and everything he isn't so HE can be forever grateful to me for that. ;) They also realised for themselves that he was/is a complete asshole :)
I don't understand HOW you can remain friends with the ex, especially when he behaved so despicably but I guess some people do. For me that was NEVER going to happen in a million years and I doubt I'm alone in that one

• Heart
Reactions: 5

elle71

I have been divorced for ages and am happily settled in a new relationship. My ex is still a twat and his behaviour with our (adult kids) is like a red rag to a bull for me. When does the anger end?

Reactions: 5