Divorce - funny and not so funny!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi

I couldn’t find a thread like this…

Come here if you want to vent, or more importantly laugh and share the more ridiculous things about your divorce or splitting up??

Not mine but my mums and dads divorce they spilt up on my 18th birthday in march and on Christmas Eve that year he came to announce he was moving in with his new girlfriend and it was better it came from him and my mum dived her head into a box of wine and sang last Christmas and changed the words to this Christmas he stomped on my heart 💀😭 got ptsd from that song and cant stand to listen to it ever since beg people to skip it even nearly 12 years later cheers ma 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Not mine but my mums and dads divorce they spilt up on my 18th birthday in march and on Christmas Eve that year he came to announce he was moving in with his new girlfriend and it was better it came from him and my mum dived her head into a box of wine and sang last Christmas and changed the words to this Christmas he stomped on my heart 💀😭 got ptsd from that song and cant stand to listen to it ever since beg people to skip it even nearly 12 years later cheers ma 😂
You might be interested in this story

• Haha
Reactions: 4
You might be interested in this story

😭 Oh my 😭 ok i wont go that far and i love wham and george micheal other than the song my mum ruined for me i dont get it like if you dont like it just dont listen to it lool

Reactions: 1
I sent my solicitor an email today with the go ahead when they re open in janaury. Its been a long year hurt but still hard 💔 Christmas Eve after getting all the presents ready for my two young kids Christmas Eve a card came from the woman he had an affair with. Thanking me for sharing my husband with her this year and a photo of them both. I though this suit only happened in films

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
Oh
I sent my solicitor an email today with the go ahead when they re open in janaury. Its been a long year hurt but still hard 💔 Christmas Eve after getting all the presents ready for my two young kids Christmas Eve a card came from the woman he had an affair with. Thanking me for sharing my husband with her this year and a photo of them both. I though this suit only happened in films
What a witch, she must be very insecure. Sending you strength for the coming months x

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’ve been divorced 3 years now, did my ex husband on grounds of adultery after he left me for the OW he’d been having an affair with though he stated he hadn’t cheated 🤷‍♀️blah blah blah! I moved out our martial Home and he moved her in the very next day! Our poor daughter had to witness all this! a year later he was engaged to her before our divorce was even finalised 🤦‍♀️🙄 they are since married and have a toddler together 😁so that’s my experience of divorce! Doubt I’ll ever get married again 🥲 Divorce is such a long winded process but worth it in the end to no longer be associated to that person

Wow what a Piece of work she is 😫I am so sorry your going through this I’ve been through similar with my ex husbands wife and have finally come out the other side a stronger and better person you will get there eventually with time I hope you have a good support network surrounding you to get you through it

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
What a bleep.! It’s only a matter of time before he does the same to her. On Valentine’s Day I’d send an anonymous fake card saying you are shagging her man.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
My heart goes out to you. Stay strong with your two young kids….

W
I’ve been divorced 3 years now, did my ex husband on grounds of adultery after he left me for the OW he’d been having an affair with though he stated he hadn’t cheated 🤷‍♀️blah blah blah! I moved out our martial Home and he moved her in the very next day! Our poor daughter had to witness all this! a year later he was engaged to her before our divorce was even finalised 🤦‍♀️🙄 they are since married and have a toddler together 😁so that’s my experience of divorce! Doubt I’ll ever get married again 🥲 Divorce is such a long winded process but worth it in the end to no longer be associated to that person

Wow what a Piece of work she is 😫I am so sorry your going through this I’ve been through similar with my ex husbands wife and have finally come out the other side a stronger and better person you will get there eventually with time I hope you have a good support network surrounding you to get you through it
Well done you!

• Heart
What a bleep.! It’s only a matter of time before he does the same to her. On Valentine’s Day I’d send an anonymous fake card saying you are shagging her man.
Tempting but I know staying silent will piss her off more. I busted them once and she told him the worse part was how calm I was. Fell apart once I was in the car with my friend but I stayed so cool in front of them

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Tempting but I know staying silent will piss her off more. I busted them once and she told him the worse part was how calm I was. Fell apart once I was in the car with my friend but I stayed so cool in front of them
Seems she’s wants a reaction out of you so she can say you’re batshit & feel better about her crappy actions. Tell that witch from me ‘How you get them, is how you lose them’ 🖕🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It's a year today since I told my husband I wanted us to divorce. The last 12 months has been a bit of a slog, mainly due to him making everything difficult.

The funniest thing so far (although I appreciate it might only be amusing to me) is him emailing our mediator to tell her he wasn't prepared to continue using her service because she was condescending and wouldn't listen to him when discussing a subject he knew more about. I'm still not exactly sure what possible subject could have been relevant in the meeting, that he would have known more about than her but that email gave me hours of amusement.

I'm really hoping that by this point next year the divorce will be finalised. It's stalled at the Decree Nisi at the moment due to his refusal to get on with the financial settlement.

In the meantime, here's to 2023 my fellow divorcees.

Oh, he shaved his hair shortly after we split and has kept it short. It's now a weird mix of shaved very short and balding. He looks a bit like a boiled egg which I find quite amusing too 🥚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
It's a year today since I told my husband I wanted us to divorce. The last 12 months has been a bit of a slog, mainly due to him making everything difficult.

The funniest thing so far (although I appreciate it might only be amusing to me) is him emailing our mediator to tell her he wasn't prepared to continue using her service because she was condescending and wouldn't listen to him when discussing a subject he knew more about. I'm still not exactly sure what possible subject could have been relevant in the meeting, that he would have known more about than her but that email gave me hours of amusement.

I'm really hoping that by this point next year the divorce will be finalised. It's stalled at the Decree Nisi at the moment due to his refusal to get on with the financial settlement.

In the meantime, here's to 2023 my fellow divorcees.

Oh, he shaved his hair shortly after we split and has kept it short. It's now a weird mix of shaved very short and balding. He looks a bit like a boiled egg which I find quite amusing too 🥚
Oh wishing you all the best.

It took me 3 years to extractic myself, very happy now.
Got a new house, and just bought myself a new sports car 🚗
He is very jealous!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My husbands ex wife had no interest in divorce until some sap wanted her to marry him then she couldn't do it fast enough badgering my husband to make sure he filled in paperwork and send it back quickly etc. Lots of bragging about the wedding then the night before she found out he was shagging her best friend karma is a witch 😅

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Seems she’s wants a reaction out of you so she can say you’re batshit & feel better about her crappy actions. Tell that witch from me ‘How you get them, is how you lose them’ 🖕🏼
Love that phrase!!!

• Heart
Not divorce yet but my marriage of 23 years has just ended. I’m still in the marital home with 3 grown up children. Is it odd to say I don’t know how I feel?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Not divorce yet but my marriage of 23 years has just ended. I’m still in the marital home with 3 grown up children. Is it odd to say I don’t know how I feel?
No, it's not odd at all. Just go with it. You'll probably find you feel differently each day for a while.

Reactions: 3
I was asked today what I want in the divorce… What do I need to ask for? I just want it to be fair and for me and the kids to stay in the house and be looked after?

Reactions: 2
I was asked today what I want in the divorce… What do I need to ask for? I just want it to be fair and for me and the kids to stay in the house and be looked after?
Ask for more than you actually want so then you can compromise on less & get exactly what you really want. You sound like you’re being reasonable I hope it works out your way

I'm a year into negotiations and had a meeting today and I feel your frustration. He kept asking what I want. Mate, you're my solicitor, you're meant to advise me 🤯.

• Heart
Reactions: 2