Disney Vloggers #7 "Happy to be Home" didn't last long and now it's back to moan moan moan!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A new YouTube suggestion (I think) that I'm unlikely to make it through travel day; C & L Wandering. They aren't even on the plane yet and I'm done. I get it, you've paid for "premium" 1903 lounge. But you were too cheap to pay the fiver for your drop off to actually go into the car park and instead got dropped off down the road. 😅
I watched their slogs from DLP....dull as hell! Constantly comparing DLP and WDW!

Also went to the hotels looking for resort specific merch but also 30th Anniversary stuff (way before the actual Anniversary) and came out of each hotel and said the same.....no resort merch and no 30th merch......you'd think they'd have realised after 2 resorts, but no, because WDW has some DLP should too! (Although I wish they would) The vlogs were just so dull, whiney and repetitive!

Reactions: 2
Not sure if I've had a lucky escape or not then! I love DLP but hate the constant comparisons. They're totally different parks and experiences; it's like comparing a holiday to Australia with Austria in my mind. I've suffered on to their Magic Kingdom day vlog, and I honestly thought I'd fallen asleep because it jumped around so much. One minute they were at Walmart, then back in their room, then back at MK all without any content!

Reactions: 3
Not sure if I've had a lucky escape or not then! I love DLP but hate the constant comparisons. They're totally different parks and experiences; it's like comparing a holiday to Australia with Austria in my mind. I've suffered on to their Magic Kingdom day vlog, and I honestly thought I'd fallen asleep because it jumped around so much. One minute they were at Walmart, then back in their room, then back at MK all without any content!
I love DLP too and I hated it when WDW regulars popped to DLP when they couldn't get to WDW!

She even calls Cheyenne 'Shanhay' and she's stayed there before

Genuine question what would you compare DLP to? I’m not trying to be funny here as I agree they are totally different but as they both have ”Magic Kingdoms” with similar rides (In my mind DLP‘s are better rides) I can see why people do compare.
Would it be fairer to compare with Disneyland or Tokyo Disney? Just genuinely interested.

Reactions: 1
Genuine question what would you compare DLP to? I’m not trying to be funny here as I agree they are totally different but as they both have ”Magic Kingdoms” with similar rides (In my mind DLP‘s are better rides) I can see why people do compare.
Would it be fairer to compare with Disneyland or Tokyo Disney? Just genuinely interested.
ive Been lucky enough to visit all the parks worldwide when I’ve travelled and often been lucky enough to bolt on trips whilst I was working. I would take the Shanghai and Tokyo parks out of comparisons as they are really quite spectacular and there is no real comparison.

The most direct comparison for DLP’s main Disneyland park is to the original Disneyland in Anaheim. I even think it has similar vintage feeling and established detailing to that of the original DL park, lots of greenery and quirky twists and turns to explore in the fantasyland areas for example. They also feel like there’s lots to do and little hidden bits to explore without needing a ride or attraction, I find WDW Mk lacks this somewhat.
DLPs two gate configuration, disneyvillage proximity and lower volume of hotels close to the parks adds to the similarity.

DLP is really under rated. WDW gets used as a comparison mainly because most vloggers have only ever been to DLP or WDW.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yes I'd say DLP is closer to the original disneyland. It has the same charm and old school disney feel. Additionally it's the most beautifully designed and landscaped of the disney parks with quite a lot of space compared to the American parks. Wdw has moved so far from the original disney feel in the last decade or two that its more like a big holiday camp. Contrary to popular belief, dlp has just as amazing cast members as the other parks too.

Alot of disney vloggers, including many of the big ones, aren't really disney fans. They are wdw fans, they like the easiness of it, how they don't have to put any effort in and can hide safe in the disney bubble and let wdw do everything for them.

If DLP improved on the food and gets studios development done it will be an amazing experience.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
If DLP improved on the food and gets studios development done it will be an amazing experience.
Agreed, I don't understand why they can't nail the food. Read a review on Walt's, and it seems the food there got worse!!

On WDSP, their expansions are moving so slow. From Parachutes, you can see the back half of the park clearly. When I was on earlier this year it seemed all they've done so far is clear and grade the ground. I don't think we'll be seeing diet SWGE till the 35th Anniversary at the earliest!

Can someone explain what Tom and El did? Paid to get their vlogs advertised- where?

Have been watching quite a few Disney vlogs of couples, and maybe it’s just me, but I feel like loads are copying Matt and Jade. Even the ‘welcome to florida daaaaaay 2’ sounds exactly how they used to say it.

Can someone explain what Tom and El did? Paid to get their vlogs advertised- where?

Have been watching quite a few Disney vlogs of couples, and maybe it’s just me, but I feel like loads are copying Matt and Jade. Even the ‘welcome to florida daaaaaay 2’ sounds exactly how they used to say it.
On the YT app, one of their vlogs was on my home feed, has a little yellow box with 'Ad' next to it, which means they paid for it to be there.

• Wow

Like on any social media platform you can pay for your content to feature more prominently instead of relying on the algorithm. Makes it easier for you to be found by people. They (El especially) clearly want to be influencers

Agreed, I don't understand why they can't nail the food. Read a review on Walt's, and it seems the food there got worse!!

On WDSP, their expansions are moving so slow. From Parachutes, you can see the back half of the park clearly. When I was on earlier this year it seemed all they've done so far is clear and grade the ground. I don't think we'll be seeing diet SWGE till the 35th Anniversary at the earliest!

I don't think star wars will ever come over. I think frozen will open and then the land around it will just be expanded for more popular IPs. Galaxy's edge has been a bit rocky in the states and star wars doesn't seem as popular in Europe, they were already only going to do one ride instead of two. I could see further marvel expansions, or bring in more pixar stuff or even bring in things from the Asian parks like Zootopia in shanghai or one of the fairytale areas in Tokyo.

I don't think star wars will ever come over. I think frozen will open and then the land around it will just be expanded for more popular IPs. Galaxy's edge has been a bit rocky in the states and star wars doesn't seem as popular in Europe, they were already only going to do one ride instead of two. I could see further marvel expansions, or bring in more pixar stuff or even bring in things from the Asian parks like Zootopia in shanghai or one of the fairytale areas in Tokyo.
Good point, at the moment GE is still on the concept art, but as we all know, that's not a certainty. In addition, they've STILL not flattened the Lights Motors Action area, can still see the sets and the stadium seating!

If the avatar sequels are a success I could even see avatar land coming over.

DLP, along with Hong Kong, is the only disney park without Soaring. In fact its missing that type of ride full stop. So flight of passage, or the new Peter pan ride from Tokyo could be possible.

There's a lot of space and potential with the studios park so they'll just have to choose the right IPs for European tastes.

D23 is in September so maybe we will get some parks updates then

Reactions: 4
If the avatar sequels are a success I could even see avatar land coming over.

DLP, along with Hong Kong, is the only disney park without Soaring. In fact its missing that type of ride full stop. So flight of passage, or the new Peter pan ride from Tokyo could be possible.

There's a lot of space and potential with the studios park so they'll just have to choose the right IPs for European tastes.

D23 is in September so maybe we will get some parks updates then
Don't forget Legoland now has a flying theatre if you're missing Soaring. It's actually a pretty decent ride (don't be put off that it's Legoland!). Europa Park in Germany also has a flying theatre. The theming of the queue at Europa Park is something else (like Everest level theming).

Don't forget Legoland now has a flying theatre if you're missing Soaring. It's actually a pretty decent ride (don't be put off that it's Legoland!). Europa Park in Germany also has a flying theatre. The theming of the queue at Europa Park is something else (like Everest level theming).
Agreed! I was pleasantly surprised by this ride at Legoland. The 3D ninja ride was also quite good I thought.

Agreed! I was pleasantly surprised by this ride at Legoland. The 3D ninja ride was also quite good I thought.
It was walk on to the Ninja ride last time I visited and I couldn't work out why, it's a great ride. Sadly the queue for the flying theatre was literally out the door but we persevered as we enjoy it so much (far more than we expected to when they were building it).

Can we just talk about Insta for a min….. these Disney vloggers I follow put a one line posting or a one line question ( I presume to create engagement)
Then they follow the one line with about 15 lines of hashtags…. Is this hoping the companies etc they include will make contact and work with them? Sorry if stupid question not up with how this all works!

Can we just talk about Insta for a min….. these Disney vloggers I follow put a one line posting or a one line question ( I presume to create engagement)
Then they follow the one line with about 15 lines of hashtags…. Is this hoping the companies etc they include will make contact and work with them? Sorry if stupid question not up with how this all works!
Quite a lot of people search things on insta by hashtags, so for example you might search #disneyworld, so if someone has that hashtag on their photo, it’ll come up.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.