Disney Vloggers #6 Now they’re back and on vacation, who will end up in isolation?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is there any decent, knowledge vloggers that have done trips to Disneyland and Disneys California Adventure?

Ones that you'd reccomend to learn more about the parks etc.
I'm pretty sure Karen Bee, L&R Dreaming and Sam4God have some vlogs from Disneyland.

Reactions: 1
Is there any decent, knowledge vloggers that have done trips to Disneyland and Disneys California Adventure?

Ones that you'd reccomend to learn more about the parks etc.
Mr David and Mr Ian but their trip was 2019/20ish? Becca Louise went there last month, I personally like her vlogs but not sure hers could be described as informative about the parks! YouTube recommended me Tangled Up In Fun the other day and I’m sure they had just started uploading a California trip. I’ve never actually watched them before though so they could be tit.

I’m struggling to find decent vloggers that have uploaded recent trips!

I'm pretty sure Karen Bee, L&R Dreaming and Sam4God have some vlogs from Disneyland.
Thank you I'll check out those 3 :)

Mr David and Mr Ian but their trip was 2019/20ish? Becca Louise went there last month, I personally like her vlogs but not sure hers could be described as informative about the parks! YouTube recommended me Tangled Up In Fun the other day and I’m sure they had just started uploading a California trip. I’ve never actually watched them before though so they could be tit.

I’m struggling to find decent vloggers that have uploaded recent trips!
Cheers, I'll check out those 2 youtubers and see how they are!

Reactions: 1
I like l and r dreaming but found their disneyland trip a bit disappointing. The did a lot of repeat rides and missed out quite a bit. There were some good advice in there but I'd also advise looking at this thisnatasha as she's done some trips there, also look at local park vloggers like mrcheezypop, or theme park obsession (bit annoying buy watchable). Also do your own research on all the rides and attractions that are there

Reactions: 3
Caught up with Danny Dalimore recent vlogs since he was mentioned here.
Disney world on a budget - Radisson Blu executive lounge night before lounge, upgraded to premium on the flight with only points he's earned from spending ££££ on virgin credit card, $29 for salmon even though he wouldnt normally spend that much money on a meal, so why do it when on a budget, now just paid $165 dollars for Genie + because the park is busy. Looking forward to more ways to save money on his next vlogs.
I do like him though, he makes me laugh....

YouTube recommended Anni Stores to me we're at day 3 and quite like her so far. She's there with her husband and little boy for 3 weeks and they start off at Universal but will be going to Disney later. She's quite straight with it/relaxed? I dunno how to explain it, just not excited children's presenter type so many of them do, which is rather refreshing. They're going to corners I haven't seen before, like watching day 3 and there's a bit of the Berlin Wall behind Hard Rock?! They're actually going to bubba gump and they're rearranging their days over what their boy wants to do, which makes me realise how many have been clearly what the parents want to do...

I don’t hate The Disney Twins but I can’t watch them as their voices grate on me but I can’t actually believe they have their own merch? 🤦🏻‍♀️

9E575811-5E68-40B4-ABF0-E236FAA3217B.png

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I don’t understand adults who are obsessed with all things Disney …….grow up
I love going to WDW, it’s a fantastic holiday, but I couldn’t sit in a house rammed full of Disney merch for 52 weeks of the year, especially when some of them live in very modest places so they can fund their Disney habit.

Waking up with my face pressed into a Cogsworth on the beside table is not for me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I don’t understand adults who are obsessed with all things Disney …….grow up
Totally, love the parks, try to go every couple of years, but the obsession with wearing ears everywhere when you over about 14, the need to spend $80 dollars on yet another piece of Disney themed clothing, or the excitement over yet another piece of over priced plastic tat is beyond me.
The parks can be amazing, but the cult of Disney is odd. (To me)

Totally, love the parks, try to go every couple of years, but the obsession with wearing ears everywhere when you over about 14, the need to spend $80 dollars on yet another piece of Disney themed clothing, or the excitement over yet another piece of over priced plastic tat is beyond me.
The parks can be amazing, but the cult of Disney is odd. (To me)
I don't find it any more odd than compulsively following a football team or an F1 driver. Grown adults rushing out to buy the latest football shirt or Mercedes baseball cap. What's the difference between that and a Disney obsession?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I love Disney (although I do prefer Universal and Busch Gardens due to rides) but what puzzles me is grown arse adults without young kids queueing up for half hour each time to have a picture taken with a character. Seems like a complete waste of time imo.

"Ahhhh it was so nice to meet Woody from Toy Story." What? It's an ordinary person in a costume ffs.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I love Disney (although I do prefer Universal and Busch Gardens due to rides) but what puzzles me is grown arse adults without young kids queueing up for half hour each time to have a picture taken with a character. Seems like a complete waste of time imo.

"Ahhhh it was so nice to meet Woody from Toy Story." What? It's an ordinary person in a costume ffs.
I get it to a point, but I'd only do it if its one of my favourite characters who I've never met. But that's probably because most of my favourites are rare and not often in the parks. I'm a sucker for nostalgia

I think the sub disney culture of flogging and Instagram has created a weird cult like vibe that goes beyond most people who just go every so often. I find the overly posed photos the weirdest, against specific walls and having mini photoshoots

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I don't find it any more odd than compulsively following a football team or an F1 driver. Grown adults rushing out to buy the latest football shirt or Mercedes baseball cap. What's the difference between that and a Disney obsession?
Following a sports team is nothing like being obsessed with a theme park/corporation.
But I agree being that obsessed that you regularly dump £100’s or more on tat, of any kind, then is odd

Following a sports team is nothing like being obsessed with a theme park/corporation.
But I agree being that obsessed that you regularly dump £100’s or more on tat, of any kind, then is odd
I agree, I think it's because old fashioned Disney films are first and foremost aimed at children whereas Stars Wars and Marvel are more obviously universal. We're hopefully going for the first time in November and having spent the past 2 years watching vlogs I have thought to myself what merch I would want to buy because I'm not really a Disney superfan like some of these. I fancy a spirit jersey and a "wish you were here" starbucks mug that was park specific because it will remind me of the holiday, but I won't be buying a Mickey mug for example. Think most of the budget will go on food!

I agree, I think it's because old fashioned Disney films are first and foremost aimed at children whereas Stars Wars and Marvel are more obviously universal. We're hopefully going for the first time in November and having spent the past 2 years watching vlogs I have thought to myself what merch I would want to buy because I'm not really a Disney superfan like some of these. I fancy a spirit jersey and a "wish you were here" starbucks mug that was park specific because it will remind me of the holiday, but I won't be buying a Mickey mug for example. Think most of the budget will go on food!
Totally.
A few things to remind you of a holiday makes sense.
I’m currently drinking coffee out of a Joffreys mug.

The other big corporation obsession I don't get is Apple. People blindly buying overpriced products, queuing up for new releases etc when there are far better and cheaper alternative products available.

The point I was trying to make is that people spend money on all sorts of daft things, not just Disney. I guess it gives them a sense of belonging and/or one-upmanship.

Reactions: 5
The other big corporation obsession I don't get is Apple. People blindly buying overpriced products, queuing up for new releases etc when there are far better and cheaper alternative products available.

The point I was trying to make is that people spend money on all sorts of daft things, not just Disney. I guess it gives them a sense of belonging and/or one-upmanship.
I think keeping up with the joneses is definitely an aspect of it all.

I really don't think following a sports team is any different to Disney. Its all tribal entertainment run by a corporate brand. This is especially true for those who don't follow local teams.

I also don't think classic disney movies were aimed at kids specifically. Everyone involved always said they were aimed at everyone. Universal stories and fabels. There is also a lot of darkness in the early movies, if anything modern disney is blander and more kid oriented. You can tell an animated movie clearly aimed at kids on say netflix compared to classic disney animation. Then there is the artists element, early disney is an art form.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think keeping up with the joneses is definitely an aspect of it all.

I really don't think following a sports team is any different to Disney. Its all tribal entertainment run by a corporate brand. This is especially true for those who don't follow local teams.

I also don't think classic disney movies were aimed at kids specifically. Everyone involved always said they were aimed at everyone. Universal stories and fabels. There is also a lot of darkness in the early movies, if anything modern disney is blander and more kid oriented. You can tell an animated movie clearly aimed at kids on say netflix compared to classic disney animation. Then there is the artists element, early disney is an art form.
This is so true. I wonder if Bambi would have the same storyline if it was made today.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.