Disney Vloggers #6 Now they’re back and on vacation, who will end up in isolation?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What are your thoughts on Spoonfulofsugar? I’ve watched them for a few years now and they are very vanilla Disney mad but I just get this whiff of weirdness but I don’t know what it is.
I’ve always thought he was living a lie if you catch my drift.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I have just discovered Tinker Tales and have been watching her current WDW vlogs. Did she get a DAS card on previous trips or is it a new thing now that free fastpasses are no more?

She's forever going on about how she could never have stood in this queue or that queue because of her anxiety as she's sauntering up the lightning lane. Didn't stop her from standing in that massive queue for a Figment popcorn bucket though did it 🤔🤨
I think so many more people are using DAS pass now because, maybe they were eligible before but never felt the need because of the free fast passes.
I’ve been eligible to use DAS pass on previous trips but didn’t really see the point of it but when I go in 2023 I’m seriously considering it!

Reactions: 2
I’ve always thought he was living a lie if you catch my drift.
I thought they were together in Disney only but neither of them being interested in anyone else. I mean they could be well known in the swingers circuit but they seem like they bathe in sanitiser.

• Haha
I’ve noticed a few people using DAS lately who seem to be able to queue for some things without issue, but as soon as a line is too long or maybe doesn’t have a particularly interesting queue line, then they need a DAS
This has definitely been noticeable across many vlogs recently.

• Angry
Reactions: 4
In Adam Hatten’s last vlog I thought he sounded like he was using DAS. He’d shown his Genie+ and didn’t have Ratatouille listed, then suddenly it was his “return time”. He’s not someone I’ve watched a lot of, but I always got the impression that professional hanger on Gary was there as Adam’s DAS access.

Reactions: 1
In Adam Hatten’s last vlog I thought he sounded like he was using DAS. He’d shown his Genie+ and didn’t have Ratatouille listed, then suddenly it was his “return time”. He’s not someone I’ve watched a lot of, but I always got the impression that professional hanger on Gary was there as Adam’s DAS access.
I am not sure, as he did make an effort to keep refreshing for rise to get an earlier time when he could have just used the DAS and save himself the bother. I haven't seen too many screen recordings of genie+ so could be wrong, but are the lightning lanes not shown right at the very bottom?!

Ratatouille isn’t on genie plus it’s paid lightening lane (like ROTR and seven dwarfs) or just join the queue

Mickey views has a new video up and the Polynesian news surprised me, I'd missed that somehow. Have to say I feel very much the same way as he does about disney, and the direction it and especially wdw is heading. That building will not only ruin the Polynesian but also seven seas lagoon overall too.

I'm not a theme park person, have no interest in thrill rides etc so my attraction to Disney started the moment we got off the coach on our first trip and landed in the resort. The theming was so unlike anywhere else, the attention to detail etc.. The values were/are 'kitsch' for sure, the mods and deluxe were so well themed - Poly, Port Orleans, Grand flo, CBR, AKL (Contemp never did it for me - too like a block of council flats, we knocked them down - I agree with that LOL) You could just feel the work, creativity, imagination that went into every square inch.

Their latest builds are big bland 'McHotels' to me. They look like every nice Mariott hotel which is fine but it's not Disney. I've seen posts on the Dis where people say that the target market for DVC wants to stay at the equivalent of a high-end chain and they are catering to them. I guess they do, can't imagine they'll have difficulty shifting these rooms but for me, they're just not the same and a McHotel is an eyesore on Disney property.

I’ve noticed a few people using DAS lately who seem to be able to queue for some things without issue, but as soon as a line is too long or maybe doesn’t have a particularly interesting queue line, then they need a DAS
I haven't watched Tinkertales but will now. To be fair to her if she's anything like me this is probably how I'd be. I developed anxiety during Covid and a huge part of it was feeling in danger just standing in the queues or any time I had to wait in public (because Boris basically said leave your house and you will die and my brain went F***) and last year I got diagnosed with severe anxiety/panic disorder. I've since got meds and therapy and part of my recovery is forcing myself to do shorter queues and build myself up. For long queues I still have to have complete distraction like watching Netflix on my phone to cope but it doesn't completely stop the attacks still, longest I've done so far is 20 minutes so I will definitely be using DAS when I hope to go in November (a trip booked pre-Covid and pre-anxiety and moved many times!).

I haven't watched Tinkertales but will now. To be fair to her if she's anything like me this is probably how I'd be. I developed anxiety during Covid and a huge part of it was feeling in danger just standing in the queues or any time I had to wait in public (because Boris basically said leave your house and you will die and my brain went F***) and last year I got diagnosed with severe anxiety/panic disorder. I've since got meds and therapy and part of my recovery is forcing myself to do shorter queues and build myself up. For long queues I still have to have complete distraction like watching Netflix on my phone to cope but it doesn't completely stop the attacks still, longest I've done so far is 20 minutes so I will definitely be using DAS when I hope to go in November (a trip booked pre-Covid and pre-anxiety and moved many times!).
To be fair - the people I’m talking about claim to have mobility issues, not anxiety.

Watched some Danny Dalimore since several people mentioned him. Does he ever show anything of the actual trip? Watched travel home day and 20 mins out of the 31 are him just with the camera on his face! The last 14 mins are him in a bloody UK car park ffs! Every other word is ‘guys’ or ‘Con’. Be a decent drinking game!

I liken him to how he described the samosa’s pastry in Sanaa - really soft and thick.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I wasn't taking a pop at people who have anxiety issues. My gripe with her was that she stated she was too anxious to be in a lengthy queue for a ride but didn't have any concerns about standing in an insanely long queue for a popcorn bucket. She could have got her husband to stand in the queue and then joined him when he got to the front but by all accounts she was in the queue for the duration.

Reactions: 4
I wasn't taking a pop at people who have anxiety issues. My gripe with her was that she stated she was too anxious to be in a lengthy queue for a ride but didn't have any concerns about standing in an insanely long queue for a popcorn bucket. She could have got her husband to stand in the queue and then joined him when he got to the front but by all accounts she was in the queue for the duration.
I personally don’t think it’s fair to judge someone else’s anxiety and what they can and can’t cope with. Some people may be able to cope with certain things and not others. Just because you have anxiety doesn’t mean it’s a one box fits all kind of deal. But that’s just my opinion

Reactions: 3
So Dani.702 is pulling up her Orlando stakes and moving back to Las Vegas. I cannot say I am surprised, but I would not have predicted it either. I kind of feel bad for her in a way. She moved from Las Vegas right when the Las Vegas vlogging scene began to gain traction and entered into the Orlando scene when it was filled spaced and then some. I think if she had moved to Orlando a couple years earlier she might have gained more traction.

I never followed everything she did, but enough to get the feeling that drifted away from the Orlando vlogger set of Nate, Jackie, Promise, Taylor etc. I think she did more research in her work than a lot of others, but nothing over the top that would make her stick out. Also, Dani drips West Coast/ Las Vegas style and not East Coast Florida transplant. Anyway, I hope she does well in Las Vegas. I’d rather watch Dani than Promise roaming a park or event. Dani was more interesting and descriptive.

Reactions: 1
I am not sure, as he did make an effort to keep refreshing for rise to get an earlier time when he could have just used the DAS and save himself the bother. I haven't seen too many screen recordings of genie+ so could be wrong, but are the lightning lanes not shown right at the very bottom?!
DAS times show up on MDE almost the same as a Genie+ reservation.
With ROTR wait times being 3 hours at times, using DAS for it locks out from using DAS for most of the day

Dannny Dalimore new vlog series is all about doing Disney on a Budget. so far ges flown premium cabin, first night is All Stars Movies, then he’s staying at Old Key West. Yeah right that’s not Disney on a budget.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Dannny Dalimore new vlog series is all about doing Disney on a Budget. so far ges flown premium cabin, first night is All Stars Movies, then he’s staying at Old Key West. Yeah right that’s not Disney on a budget.
And Tappenedo for dinner

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.