Disney Vloggers #3 Paris or a cruise it's all about those views

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yeah it took me a while to realise that there were certain rides excluded.
They’re going to have to do something for on-site guests, there’s no perks now for onsite. I wonder if they’ll included either the Genie plus option or one lighting pass a day or something. They’ll have to do something!
One thing that has been confirmed is that on site guests can book from 7am rather than when the parks open (joy having to get up at 7am to book some bloody FPs). Not much of a perk if you ask me!

Oh and space mountain looks to be the other top tier in MK along with 7DMT, I assume until Tron opens.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
yeah it took me a while to realise that there were certain rides excluded.
They’re going to have to do something for on-site guests, there’s no perks now for onsite. I wonder if they’ll included either the Genie plus option or one lighting pass a day or something. They’ll have to do something!
I just read this about lightning lane - “Reservations can begin at park open, but Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Guests can start booking Lighting Lane starting at 7:00 am ET.”
It’s something I suppose!

Anddddd I’m am OUT ! my holiday is roughly 20k ….for 2 weeks in the yacht club, absolutely not! We have gone every year ( pre corona ) for 10 years it’s usually 7kish, 20k , it’s disgraceful. We have had a peep and flights to LA , to visit Disneyland/ La/ Vegas / San Fran next June/ July are coming in at 1300 quid for 4, we are thinking of a stay over 4th July and taking the sights of the west coast, I know Disney need to claw back revenue, but the greed has out priced us 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 14
Anddddd I’m am OUT ! my holiday is roughly 20k ….for 2 weeks in the yacht club, absolutely not! We have gone every year ( pre corona ) for 10 years it’s usually 7kish, 20k , it’s disgraceful. We have had a peep and flights to LA , to visit Disneyland/ La/ Vegas / San Fran next June/ July are coming in at 1300 quid for 4, we are thinking of a stay over 4th July and taking the sights of the west coast, I know Disney need to claw back revenue, but the greed has out priced us 🤷‍♀️
I think it’s going to price lots of people out. Especially families, which is the whole ethos of Disney. I was pricing up for a relatively frugal visit next October (villa, not on site) & it was *okay* but with this new genie+ I’m not so sure… adds a lot extra onto a family holiday 😖😖

Reactions: 3
Changing the subject from WDW..

Joffreys coffee. I notice a lot of Disney vloggers seem to order it in by the boxful. They have cupboards full of the stuff. I don’t like or drink coffee and my other half (who LOVES his coffee) has looked into buying some but it was really pricey - he’s tried it and didn’t think it was all that.

So is it really that special or just a disney flex?

Every Joffrey's I've tried (which is limited) just didn't taste nice, but then again I've been accused of not having any taste because I quite like Starbucks coffee, which accordingly is just above dirt and water to "connoisseurs" .

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Joffreys coffee. I notice a lot of Disney vloggers seem to order it in by the boxful. They have cupboards full of the stuff. I don’t like or drink coffee and my other half (who LOVES his coffee) has looked into buying some but it was really pricey - he’s tried it and didn’t think it was all that.

it’s honestly just a flex.. it’s ok coffee.

Reactions: 6

I’ve had Joffreys a handful of times and wasn’t that fussed by it. It’s definitely just a flex and another reason for them to bang on about how much they miss the parks!

Definitely a flex, same way they go nuts for candles that smell like the water in Pirates or whatever just-about-avoiding-copyright scent the seller can come up with.

IMO it’s good coffee but not worth paying so much money for it. I’ll drink it when at WDW and that’s it.

Reactions: 2
Thing is, Disneyworld always used to be a once in a lifetime type of trip and was always expensive. About 10 years or so ago they changed their business model to be get as many people as they can cram in and offer benefits etc. Disneyworld being ' 'cheap'It's a relatively new thing.

Also wouldn't surprise me if in a decade they change the model again back to more people but spending less

All the changes seem like a massive knee-jerk reaction to the losses they made during 2020. Honestly can't blame them as lots of industry analysts have been harping on for years about the "untapped potential" of the parks. The boon of Disney+ kept them afloat for the most part, but now that's levelling off we'll start seeing a lot more changes IMHO.

Sucks for absolutely everyone, except for Disney shareholders of course. Chapek was always going to be seen as the bad guy, I fully expect he'll be in the CEO seat for 3-4 years through a massive increase in profits, then get replaced with someone with a more friendlier face as the footfall starts dropping due to costs.

Reactions: 4
I think it’s going to price lots of people out. Especially families, which is the whole ethos of Disney. I was pricing up for a relatively frugal visit next October (villa, not on site) & it was *okay* but with this new genie+ I’m not so sure… adds a lot extra onto a family holiday 😖😖
You don't have to get buy the new pass and I suspect you won't be alone and not really notice much difference to what's happening now with no fast passes.

Reactions: 1
I was just saying on the Sophie and Dave thread, good luck to all of these crappy Disney Vloggers trying to make Disney look 'relatable' and 'affordable now!!!!

Compared to 2019 at the height of Disney YouTube, now there is no;
- No free Fastpass.
- No free airport transfers.
- No dining plan. Only dining credits that equate to feck all. No free resort mugs as part of the dining plan.
- No extra magic hours.

If you think how much all of that adds to a holiday it's ridiculous!! And there are no perks really to staying on site are there,

Sadly, I think Disney will start overusing 'influencers' which will mean more free trips for people who don't deserve them and Disney will get worse and worse!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.