Disney Vloggers #1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watch both. Less of the Brookharts bc they aren’t always doing Disney things and just moved. Sometimes that’s a good thing I guess. I wouldn’t say they are entitled by any means though.
Maybe entitled is too strong - there was a moment last year that was a real turn off for me .... they used to hang around the hotels a lot pre covid, they were setting up to a live stream from one of the lounge/common area/solarium rooms at Beach Club - then started to complain about other people coming in and using the room ... paying guests, people who spent thousands of dollars to stay at this hotel. It just didn't set well with me. And the purposely going to the back of the park at closing (which many vloggers do) keeping the cast members there longer when they are probably tired and would like to go home I don't like. I guess having worked retail many years and hating last minute shoppers - it's a sore spot for me ;)

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Ohhh, I'm happy I found this forum haha. The only Disney couple I watch is Best Life and Beyond (would love to know what people think of them).

But this has been a great place for recs, thank you

I also like Once Upon a Bron. She seems to have a good head on her shoulders. A big difference than fake, shop-a-holic Emily Enchanted, who like Jenn Tracker can't seem to keep friends.
yes! and her new resort comparison series she's doing is already so much better and informative than the staycation videos the trackers do

Reactions: 1
Maybe entitled is too strong - there was a moment last year that was a real turn off for me .... they used to hang around the hotels a lot pre covid, they were setting up to a live stream from one of the lounge/common area/solarium rooms at Beach Club - then started to complain about other people coming in and using the room ... paying guests, people who spent thousands of dollars to stay at this hotel. It just didn't set well with me. And the purposely going to the back of the park at closing (which many vloggers do) keeping the cast members there longer when they are probably tired and would like to go home I don't like. I guess having worked retail many years and hating last minute shoppers - it's a sore spot for me ;)
The Brookharts are intolerable and insufferable creatures they are preachy and woke AF

There’s also Kirsty Beckwith. She has done trips to Disneyland Paris with friends and one solo trip. She doesn’t upload much these days as I think she works for the NHS and is probably busy but her trip vlogs are ok.

She was moving from Birmingham to London and had a lot of life changes. I think her leaving to focus on her job was a good decision. She has filmed the odd Disney vlog - I think it was California. I like her channel and Ellie steadman.

Does anyone watch Sam4God ? Her constantly saying “lol” or “situation” makes me wants to rip my ears off!
I really like Sam but I agree that the way she says things does grate after a while. Like when she went with her friend Eddie but it became Edd-eh. And a few other "--y" or "--ie' words she pronounces with "-eh" at the end (if that makes sense- you have to watch to know what I'm saying 🤣). Sometimes she speaks a little too fast for me but that's just her. Other than that, I do really like her!

Reactions: 2
Michael Kay is about as enjoyable as colon cancer…
Yeah, we watched him years ago - and he was definitely quirky....but the move to Florida made his vlogging absolutely intolerable. The over the top squealing, the two finger point, the gift cards - no more, just cannot with him.

Yeah, we watched him years ago - and he was definitely quirky....but the move to Florida made his vlogging absolutely intolerable. The over the top squealing, the two finger point, the gift cards - no more, just cannot with him.
We were in Disney last week and if I saw him with dvc gear on I wanted to punch him in the face LOL

• Haha
Ohhh, I'm happy I found this forum haha. The only Disney couple I watch is Best Life and Beyond (would love to know what people think of them).

But this has been a great place for recs, thank you
We watched BLAB all thru quarantine. They were consistent with coming out with content and we enjoyed them. Then it got to a point where they were over COVID and Katie started whining like Disneyland being closed was the biggest worry, while people were losing their jobs or dying. She became so detached from reality. I liked Spencer too and and he seemed to have a good, interesting stage job pre-COVID. They had the Malibu place which I learned later is a rental...then they had two rentals (one in OC too) and now spending a month in Florida. It all seems weird to be. Katie quit her job, so I’m wondering where the money is coming from? Do they just have old family money? They both can’t be living off 60k some subscribers as a couple and taking all these trips.

I fell off from watching bc I had no interest in their WDW vlogs. After the first few, they kept acting so in shock to see things like they never did any research or saw wdw on the internet. It came off as boring and insincere. Katie also acting like she isn’t bothered by the “haters”, yet can’t let it go. The other thing that put me off is they are constantly vlogging in groups with other vloggers like Adam, Dylan, SE, PMM, etc....it all becomes dull when they put out the same vlogs.

Reactions: 4
We watched BLAB all thru quarantine. They were consistent with coming out with content and we enjoyed them. Then it got to a point where they were over COVID and Katie started whining like Disneyland being closed was the biggest worry, while people were losing their jobs or dying. She became so detached from reality. I liked Spencer too and and he seemed to have a good, interesting stage job pre-COVID. They had the Malibu place which I learned later is a rental...then they had two rentals (one in OC too) and now spending a month in Florida. It all seems weird to be. Katie quit her job, so I’m wondering where the money is coming from? Do they just have old family money? They both can’t be living off 60k some subscribers as a couple and taking all these trips.

I fell off from watching bc I had no interest in their WDW vlogs. After the first few, they kept acting so in shock to see things like they never did any research or saw wdw on the internet. It came off as boring and insincere. Katie also acting like she isn’t bothered by the “haters”, yet can’t let it go. The other thing that put me off is they are constantly vlogging in groups with other vloggers like Adam, Dylan, SE, PMM, etc....it all becomes dull when they put out the same vlogs.
I discovered them because they kept showing up in ATW’s vlogs. I like them, but she is starting to get annoying. The screaming like a 10 yr. old on rides isn’t cute. I’m beginning to see an edge to her, noticing her get rude or curt at questions during livestreams. I do like Spencer and wish he’d just tell her to tone it down.

Reactions: 3
I’m surprised no one ever mentions Happiest Vlogs On Earth! I know on another thread a couple people were annoyed with how much money they spend or Jen acting “extra” (she doesn’t really do that in their first few trips.) They have 535 videos and most of them are Disney! Really good camera quality too. I met them in Hollywood Studios and they could not have been nicer! They’re my favorite! They have Vlogs in WDW, Disneyland and Disneyland Paris too if anyone’s looking for videos like that!

When you say knowing the basics what do you mean? Complete Disney virgin and I go next year!
Nothing really for you to worry about don't worry just that some vloggers like Tim Tracker and Sophie and Dave act like they absolutely adore Disney and know everything when in fact you can tell they are pretty much there just for the views on their channels. Things like not knowing about Nightmare Before Christmas or not knowing what the TTA stands for.

If you want a good channel for a beginner going to Disney I recommend The Dis/Dis Unplugged and SeeYaRealSoon etc. The Dis own a travel company and are a professional unit so really know what they are talking about.

When you say knowing the basics what do you mean? Complete Disney virgin and I go next year!
A lot of Disney vloggers have jumped on the bandwagon for views, and they don't give correct information. People like you who have never been will watch their videos for information and so often they say things that are untrue or don't explain things properly. It really annoys me when vloggers act like know it alls and i'm yelling at the screen "that's not true!" Tim tracker does it all the time.

I’m surprised no one ever mentions Happiest Vlogs On Earth! I know on another thread a couple people were annoyed with how much money they spend or Jen acting “extra” (she doesn’t really do that in their first few trips.) They have 535 videos and most of them are Disney! Really good camera quality too. I met them in Hollywood Studios and they could not have been nicer! They’re my favorite! They have Vlogs in WDW, Disneyland and Disneyland Paris too if anyone’s looking for videos like that!
She seems nice but way too much for me, her cutesy happy vibe came across as really fake to me. it may not be, but in comparison to her husband it was a lot. The chain he wears was all i could look at when he was on camera too 😂

Another one I forgot to mention is Disneydoubledose - they moved to Orlando and have actually been quieter since then due to going through stuff (think he lost his job soon after they moved) but their older videos when they were on holiday were good. Quite funny.

A lot of Disney vloggers have jumped on the bandwagon for views, and they don't give correct information. People like you who have never been will watch their videos for information and so often they say things that are untrue or don't explain things properly. It really annoys me when vloggers act like know it alls and i'm yelling at the screen "that's not true!" Tim tracker does it all the time.
This really bugs me, it's easy to do a bit of research first!

I've had it with two different vloggers recently, doing sit down videos about dining in Disneyland Paris and they made huge errors which is awful for people looking for advice and info etc!

And someone at a gatwick hotel, reading the breakfast menu and it said '£8.50 for all you can eat continental and £10.50 for all you can eat continental and full english' They didn't understand it and said, 'oh I think the £8.50 is all you can eat, like a buffet and the £10.50 one is a select amount of choices' it's not rocket science, I could read it from the screen and understand it!

And someone at a gatwick hotel, reading the breakfast menu and it said '£8.50 for all you can eat continental and £10.50 for all you can eat continental and full english' They didn't understand it and said, 'oh I think the £8.50 is all you can eat, like a buffet and the £10.50 one is a select amount of choices' it's not rocket science, I could read it from the screen and understand it!
Oh my god yes I HATE it when people do that, they show you something and then are like "I think this is what it means" and it just makes them look so stupid, like why would you keep that in when you edit it? do you still think that, even watching it back and not being in the moment? it's so embarassing! I have real respect for vloggers who do that then in the next shot are like 'so i misunderstood, THIS is what it means'.

Oh my god yes I HATE it when people do that, they show you something and then are like "I think this is what it means" and it just makes them look so stupid, like why would you keep that in when you edit it? do you still think that, even watching it back and not being in the moment? it's so embarassing! I have real respect for vloggers who do that then in the next shot are like 'so i misunderstood, THIS is what it means'.
I know, they even corrected other stuff in the vlogs, like when they said £'s and not €'s but I guess they didn't understand the breakfast pricing, but honestly it is glaringly obvious!

That is me screaming at the tv!

They used to go down to Disney constantly and spend big. They are DVC, but unless they had a million points, they must have been paying out of pocket. Always the top restaurants too. It just wasn’t very relatable. She can be very over the top too (like in your face annoying). FRE did a video about her...hard to get through it without feeling bad for Scott. The main thing I found annoying was how far behind in vlogs they’d be. It could be March and they’d be showing Christmas vlogs. I just saw they were back in Disney again post-COVID and after having their baby.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.