Disney - planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ohh I didn't know that. I'd definitely want the memory maker though, especially if they bring back more random photographers once things get a little more normal. I shall have to fully research and compare prices! I will say I'd probably end up buying a different magic band anyway because I don't care much about a star wars one haha.
All 2021 tickets and 2022 tickets come with memory maker as far as I'm aware no matter who you book with xx

Oh! Okay thanks! I didn't see it listed on Floridatix but I'll have another look. Thank you so much for the heads up!

Reactions: 1
Not really relevant to Florida planning but... tonightI resisted the temptation to be lazy and have takeaway and made a tasty pasta bake for dinner.

To celebrate this (😂) I popped on and stuck an extra chunk of money towards Florida (booked earlier in the week) Going to do this anytime I successfully battle my urge to have junk food/takeaway.

I have spent the last few days in a Florida bubble, researching and figuring things out. So excited, I feel like a kid.

Reactions: 6
Not really relevant to Florida planning but... tonightI resisted the temptation to be lazy and have takeaway and made a tasty pasta bake for dinner.

To celebrate this (😂) I popped on and stuck an extra chunk of money towards Florida (booked earlier in the week) Going to do this anytime I successfully battle my urge to have junk food/takeaway.

I have spent the last few days in a Florida bubble, researching and figuring things out. So excited, I feel like a kid.
I can’t stop watching vlogs 😂

• Heart
We’re the same 😂🙈 I’m not watching all the rides though: I want the surprise. I did watch vlogs of Volcano Bay and I cannot wait to visit there.

We’re the same 😂🙈 I’m not watching all the rides though: I want the surprise. I did watch vlogs of Volcano Bay and I cannot wait to visit there.
Luckily I’ve been before so can watch ride videos - definitely a good idea if you haven’t been on them before!

I much prefer the disney water parks! Have you been to them? Volcano Bay just doesnt have the same feel. Felt like a water park dumped in the middle of a car park 😶

I much prefer the disney water parks! Have you been to them? Volcano Bay just doesnt have the same feel. Felt like a water park dumped in the middle of a car park 😶
I have never been to Florida before 🙂 We are staying onsite at Universal so will probably stick to Volcano bay this time. I love rollercoasters but I get a bit funny about fast water slides and water going up my nose 😂 As long as it’s got pool, a lazy river and some loungers I’m sorted!

Really? I loved it more than others!!! Hhhaahhaa only thing I hated was the lockers were too small and the normal ones were expensive

What do people prefer? Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach?
I have only been to TL because of the time of year we go 😩 but I have always heard most people prefer it anyway.

tbh I only really like the wave pool, the slides are all a bit rubbish for me. I wanna do volcano bay next time we go but we just never find the time.

What do people prefer? Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach?
Typhoon Lagoon has a better wave pool and there are more rides together- as in you can go on together in a raft or tube.
Blizzard Beach has a better small kids section, and then a couple of the 'scariest' rides out of BB and TL.
Depends what you want in theming? One's like you're at a ski resort the other is all tropical. Most people seem to prefer TL it seems!
Try and make time for both if you can as you only really need about 3 hours id say at each.

I've been to Orlando twice as a teen back in the noughties and I'm absolutely itching to go back!

Unfortunately I don't think any of my friends or family would want or are able to go (as in financially or other life circumstances) so that's hampering my plans a bit.

I have thought seriously about going solo but it would obviously be a bit more expensive. If we weren't in current times I'd have stayed onsite for the free dining and just Ubered to Universal/IOA.

I'm also not sure how I feel about going alone as I've never been abroad by myself. Everyone I've told has responded that I shouldn't go that far on my own, but why not?! I feel the parks are safe for a lone woman and I'm not planning to visit any dive bars or hang out in any alley ways. 🤣

I've been to Orlando twice as a teen back in the noughties and I'm absolutely itching to go back!

Unfortunately I don't think any of my friends or family would want or are able to go (as in financially or other life circumstances) so that's hampering my plans a bit.

I have thought seriously about going solo but it would obviously be a bit more expensive. If we weren't in current times I'd have stayed onsite for the free dining and just Ubered to Universal/IOA.

I'm also not sure how I feel about going alone as I've never been abroad by myself. Everyone I've told has responded that I shouldn't go that far on my own, but why not?! I feel the parks are safe for a lone woman and I'm not planning to visit any dive bars or hang out in any alley ways. 🤣
I'm in a similar situation as you, I'd go with someone but no one I know would be up for it and it's not a cheap holiday. I took the plunge and booked on site for a solo trip next year. Never travelled solo abroad but once you're in the disney bubble then it's pretty safe I think 😊

Reactions: 3
Plenty of people go to Disney alone, you’ll be fine! I find flying on my own so comforting too. I’ve travelled to Orlando many times alone and never had a problem

Reactions: 4
I'm in a similar situation as you, I'd go with someone but no one I know would be up for it and it's not a cheap holiday. I took the plunge and booked on site for a solo trip next year. Never travelled solo abroad but once you're in the disney bubble then it's pretty safe I think 😊
That's fab! I did wonder if I could get a late deal for autumn this year but I'm not sure how realistic that is. It'll probably be at least next year for me as well.

How will you be getting around Orlando? Everyone I've spoken to has said driving is simple over there once you know the basic rules but I'm a wimp. 🤣

Plenty of people go to Disney alone, you’ll be fine! I find flying on my own so comforting too. I’ve travelled to Orlando many times alone and never had a problem
That's great to hear! Thanks 😁

I’m in this predicament really. My other half says she’s saving but I know she’s lying and when it comes down to it she won’t have the money 🙃🙃 do I go alone?!

I’m in this predicament really. My other half says she’s saving but I know she’s lying and when it comes down to it she won’t have the money 🙃🙃 do I go alone?!
Why not?! 😊

If you can afford it and you want to go I say go for it. I do think it's harder to find travel companions for Disney given it's more expensive than most holidays. We need a Tinder style site for finding people to travel with! 🤣

Reactions: 2
Go and have a blast, I often go single rider and I end up finding single rider friends to pair up with! It’s a blast!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.