Disney - planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really hope they do away with the reservation system. I was going to wait until Black Friday to book but that's cutting it fine for reserving days in May 22 I think 🙈 and now I'll have to pay in full before I can book park days. That's 4500 I'd have rather had in my bank for a few months 😔 exciting though that we can sort of see us getting there by then!

Reactions: 1
Apparently I only have to have paid the deposit to book park days so I should get my ticket reference to link in 72hrs and can then book. Or so that's what I was told

Reactions: 2
Other half admitted she can’t afford 2022 as planned so we’re pushing back to 23 and I’m a big grump. I’m 30 in 2023 though so you can bet I’m going to be milking it for all it’s worth when I’m there 😂

Under their 2022 dates, Tui are advertising a $200 Disney gift card. But I messaged them and it’s actually only for 2021 stays which were booked before Feb 2nd 2021, so you can’t get it at all. It’s very misleading! Just thought I’d mention it in case anyone else gets tricked by it.

Think I’ll be booking through Disney officially now 😅
619597C3-0374-49AF-986B-D6437707E744.jpeg
11025B98-7AA1-40C3-A224-A111CA24E103.jpeg

Booked our Disney tickets yesterday’s now feels real! Aahhhh May 2022!

Apparently I only have to have paid the deposit to book park days so I should get my ticket reference to link in 72hrs and can then book. Or so that's what I was told
I was told that you only have the ticket reference if you book a Package directly through Disney?? Also with Disney if you are getting tickets only, they require full pay! Attraction Tickets and Floridatix you can pay in instalments but you won’t get your code until paid in full. Hope this helps!

I’ve just paid our tickets in full and awaiting our code! We go May 2022!

Hi everyone,

I have enjoyed reading all of your posts :). I really really really really want to book a disney orlando holiday but im off work sick at the moment so i dont have as much income as usual.

I have been to Paris loads of times- normally we go 2x a year, but ive never been to disneyworld Orlando. And ive been looking at holidays online and honestly its so confusing!!

This might sound obvious but please can someone who has been to both Paris and Orlando please tell me how they differ? Is Orlando so much better than paris? More magical? I know its bigger and the weather is much much better, but it just seems so much more expensive. I think my problem is i know DLP like the back of my hand so i know exactly what to do, wheras Orlando will take me totally out of my comfort zone and i dont feel as in control.... I hope that makes sense!!

xxx

Hi everyone,

I have enjoyed reading all of your posts :). I really really really really want to book a disney orlando holiday but im off work sick at the moment so i dont have as much income as usual.

I have been to Paris loads of times- normally we go 2x a year, but ive never been to disneyworld Orlando. And ive been looking at holidays online and honestly its so confusing!!

This might sound obvious but please can someone who has been to both Paris and Orlando please tell me how they differ? Is Orlando so much better than paris? More magical? I know its bigger and the weather is much much better, but it just seems so much more expensive. I think my problem is i know DLP like the back of my hand so i know exactly what to do, wheras Orlando will take me totally out of my comfort zone and i dont feel as in control.... I hope that makes sense!!

xxx
They are very very different. DLP is like a village, WDW is a massive city. I love both but yeah WDW can be overwhelming. you can't walk anywhere in WDW (one thing i love about DLP is if you stay onsite you can walk everywhere, parks, shops, restaurants). It's a different experience completely, there's so much more to do too. DLP is 3 or 4 days, WDW you can stay for 2 weeks and not even leave the property and still not do everything!

Staying onsite is expensive at WDW but if you only want to go to Disney theme parks (not Universal, or other parts of Orlando) staying onsite does take some hassle/stress out because you can get the transport everywhere. there's free buses to all the parks, waterparks, disney springs (like Disney village only 100 times better), and there's also the Skyliner and monorail and boats depending on what hotel you stay at.

Planning is key for WDW but is harder at the moment because of no fastpasses, park reservations ect. I love WDW but am not planning to go back for a year or two now because it won't be the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Booked our Disney tickets yesterday’s now feels real! Aahhhh May 2022!

I was told that you only have the ticket reference if you book a Package directly through Disney?? Also with Disney if you are getting tickets only, they require full pay! Attraction Tickets and Floridatix you can pay in instalments but you won’t get your code until paid in full. Hope this helps!

I’ve just paid our tickets in full and awaiting our code! We go May 2022!
I booked yesterday (only with a deposit) and got my reference for my disney experience today so was able to link hotel, tickets and making park reservations.
It isn't very clear at the moment with info not being updated, I agree 😊

Hi everyone,

xxx
As you say Orlando is much bigger( m
Is June 22 the furthest you can book atm? We're looking at Sept and I can't find hotels etc open for it yet!
I was able to look at august yesterday

I booked yesterday (only with a deposit) and got my reference for my disney experience today so was able to link hotel, tickets and making park reservations.
Who did you book with please?

Are you staying at a Disney hotel? :)

I booked a package (ticket and hotel) with ATD, I was reluctant to use them as they paid for Brogan 😭 but they came out cheaper than disney direct
Ahh OK. I think if you book the park tickets with them you don't get given the code to reserve until you've paid in full (says so on website anyway)

I'm going with Floridatix as they are cheaper on the 14 day ultimate ticket x

You only get the code for the tickets if you’ve booked a package with Disney direct? Then you ge that because it’s a package linked and you can pay as you go and get the code I paid my tickets with Disney in full, so got the code but if you just purchase tickets you get the code once paid in full. Hope that makes sense!

Floridatix look the same price as attraction tickets (well, two quid less) for universal and Disney, but attraction tickets offer magic band and memory maker so it seems a no brainer! Excited you can pay in installments too. Eases the pain a little!

Floridatix look the same price as attraction tickets (well, two quid less) for universal and Disney, but attraction tickets offer magic band and memory maker so it seems a no brainer! Excited you can pay in installments too. Eases the pain a little!
I thought this too but Attraction Tickets charge £24 each for Flexi Plus (free cancellation) and FloridaTix £40 for whole booking. We are a group of 6 so it was cheaper for us to do Floridatix and then we can all get a plain coloured magic band in Florida for the difference in price x

Ohh I didn't know that. I'd definitely want the memory maker though, especially if they bring back more random photographers once things get a little more normal. I shall have to fully research and compare prices! I will say I'd probably end up buying a different magic band anyway because I don't care much about a star wars one haha.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.