Disney - planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey! 🙋🏻‍♀️

Absolute complete newbie to Florida / Orlando.

So, myself, OH, my sister and her OH have decided to go to Orlando in 2023 to celebrate both the OH’s 40th (Yes, 4 adults ranging from 34-42 will be going. No kids. And I don’t care about judgement 😂😂)

Unfortunately, their birthdays are 1 day apart Mid JULY so we’re going to shift the actual holiday to avoid melting to death or being swamped with summer holiday crowds. We’re thinking late Feb-early March / April (avoiding easter) or Sept / Oct (not Halloween) Has anyone been during these times or have any advice in best times to reduce crowds? I understand crowds is definitely a thing all year round but we want to avoid crazy mad busy.

All 4 of us are complete Orlando virgins. I am finding the planning/research sooooo overwhelming in honesty. Give me the planning of back packing trips through Japan/Thailand/China any day. Orlando is blowing my mind.

Any recommendations on “best times” or hotels would be so welcome. What’s important to us as travellers?

1) minimising crowds (even if it means going less warm times)

2) Parks - we know we want to visit Magic Kingdom and Universal - especially Wizarding world. I need to research this but we know we will rather visit less parks and enjoy more time in the ones we do visit.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hey! 🙋🏻‍♀️

So, myself, OH, my sister and her OH have decided to go to Orlando in 2023 to celebrate both the OH’s 40th (Yes, 4 adults ranging from 34-42 will be going. No kids. And I don’t care about judgement 😂😂)

Unfortunately, their birthdays are 1 day apart Mid JULY so we’re going to shift the actual holiday to avoid melting to death or being swamped with summer holiday crowds.

All 4 of us are complete Orlando virgins. I am finding the planning/research sooooo overwhelming in honesty. Give me the planning of back packing trips through Japan/Thailand/China any day. Orlando is blowing my mind.

Any recommendations on “best times” or hotels would be so welcome. What’s important to us as travellers?

2) Parks - we know we want to visit Magic Kingdom and Universal - especially Wizarding world. I need to research this but we know we will rather visit less parks and enjoy more time in the ones we do visit.
Defiantly go November time I’d advise, l last time I went the weather was perfect, a few evenings was chilly but nothing a pair of leggings and hoodie wouldn’t sort out.

Where do you plan on staying? Villa’s are very popular for those not wanting to stay on site at Disney, I’ve stayed both at Disney hotels and Universal hotels and found the best for myself, accesses to extras you wouldn’t get if staying off site.

Do you want a car? If yes then you will need to factor in the daily charges for parking at the parks/hotels which can soon mount up but you also have the options of using Ube/Lyft which are very reasonable.

Its defiantly a lot to take in planning an Orlando holiday but it will need some planning other wise you may miss things.

Any other questions or help you want just ask, a lot of tattler’s are big Orlando / Disney holiday goers and happy to help, even plan your holiday for you 😂

Reactions: 1
I'm going for a big birthday and that's in July too but bugger that in Florida, so we're going in Sept. You say Sept / Oct (not Halloween) but Halloween starts in August and ends on the 31st 😂 you won't be able to avoid it unless you go November which seems like a lovely time to go. I only chose September because its sort of close to July, after the kids are back to school and gives me my spooky Halloween dose!

What’s the youngest you have taken a child with you to WDW (from England)?

I was determined to go again childless but it seems covid will not allow 🥴 if it were up to me I’d take a new born haha but realise this may not be practical
I would go before they are 10 months or then after 2.5. Younger before they are mobile and easy (and free on the plane). Then after 2.5 because they are less feral on the plane 😂.

I’ve looked at DLP quite a few times over the past few years.. I’ve been twice but years ago.. it just seems SO expensive for a few day’s... any tips
for getting a bargain? With it being so close it should be a good way to get a good Disney Parks fix but can’t justify the price! ☹
I used to go DLP every year with my in laws.

They never opted for staying on resort and instead opted for a campsite called Berne Riviere just outside Paris and bought separate park passes instead. We had our own cars, so getting there was the cost of fuel and the euro tunnel. The campsite and Park passes (I think 2 days is enough for DLP but that is personal opinion). Approx 30-40 minute drive away depending on the traffic. From what I remember there were shuttle coaches but I'm unsure how long they took or how much they cost.

I found this perfect for a joint family long break, which highlighted DLP but also enabled us to do alot more and get some relaxation time. There were quite a few teens in our party so the campsite was good for them. Some of our party had gotten deals where there was a free trip to Parc Asterix, which is great if you do decide you have had enough Disney.

DLP certainly has magic. Probably no where near the proportions of the magic of Florida but I will always remember bursting into tears walking the main parade to the castle, my first morning there grabbing my coffee.

Hey! 🙋🏻‍♀️

Unfortunately, their birthdays are 1 day apart Mid JULY so we’re going to shift the actual holiday to avoid melting to death or being swamped with summer holiday crowds. We’re thinking late Feb-early March / April (avoiding easter) or Sept / Oct (not Halloween) Has anyone been during these times or have any advice in best times to reduce crowds? I understand crowds is definitely a thing all year round but we want to avoid crazy mad busy.

We visited in the beginning of May (not too far off April) and it was good The weather was good, hot but not ridiculously so and the crowds were good.

We stayed at one of the universal hotels for the whole week - which meant you got early entry to Wizarding World - which was fantastic. I know of people who book one of the universal hotels just for 1 or 2 nights to avail of this, maybe a good tip?

For hotels, I recommend staying on International Drive. Lots to do there and you can drive to both parks from there.

• Heart
We visited in the beginning of May (not too far off April) and it was good The weather was good, hot but not ridiculously so and the crowds were good.

We stayed at one of the universal hotels for the whole week - which meant you got early entry to Wizarding World - which was fantastic. I know of people who book one of the universal hotels just for 1 or 2 nights to avail of this, maybe a good tip?

For hotels, I recommend staying on International Drive. Lots to do there and you can drive to both parks from there.
hey thanks for your tips! I’ve just had a decent price for 1st May 2023 which I’m interested in. The hotels given are:-

Rosen Inn at Pointe, International Drive (we know a fair few folk who have stayed here and said it’s basic, good location and comfortable.) for this holiday we’re just looking for location and cleanliness really.

Avantis Palm or Avantis International. Does anyone have any experience with either of these?

I’m going to price up a couple Universal hotels as this early access is really appealing. I’ve seen there is a new (I think) Universal hotel Dockside Inn/Endless Summer hotel that looks fairly affordable and they do the early access as well. Considering pricing this as I’d rather pay a small amount more per person and get the early access.

Defiantly go November time I’d advise, l last time I went the weather was perfect, a few evenings was chilly but nothing a pair of leggings and hoodie wouldn’t sort out.

Where do you plan on staying? Villa’s are very popular for those not wanting to stay on site at Disney, I’ve stayed both at Disney hotels and Universal hotels and found the best for myself, accesses to extras you wouldn’t get if staying off site.

Do you want a car? If yes then you will need to factor in the daily charges for parking at the parks/hotels which can soon mount up but you also have the options of using Ube/Lyft which are very reasonable.

Its defiantly a lot to take in planning an Orlando holiday but it will need some planning other wise you may miss things.

Any other questions or help you want just ask, a lot of tattler’s are big Orlando / Disney holiday goers and happy to help, even plan your holiday for you 😂
Hey sorry just noticed you had replied.

We are planning to get a hotel room and stay onsite at Universal (Endless Summer resort- a fairly new one by looks) this place still gives the early admission perks and shuttles to universal parks so that’s a bonus. Definitely do not want to drive if can help it in honestly- our idea of a good holiday and fun isn’t driving!

Pretty much planning on sticking to Universal parks and a couple Disney ones at most. Don’t want to try and rush too much and be too frantic.

I enjoy holiday planning but Florida is just over the top. 😂

hey thanks for your tips! I’ve just had a decent price for 1st May 2023 which I’m interested in. The hotels given are:-

Rosen Inn at Pointe, International Drive (we know a fair few folk who have stayed here and said it’s basic, good location and comfortable.) for this holiday we’re just looking for location and cleanliness really.

Avantis Palm or Avantis International. Does anyone have any experience with either of these?

I’m going to price up a couple Universal hotels as this early access is really appealing. I’ve seen there is a new (I think) Universal hotel Dockside Inn/Endless Summer hotel that looks fairly affordable and they do the early access as well. Considering pricing this as I’d rather pay a small amount more per person and get the early access.
Definitely a good idea. The first time we visited we stayed at Cabana Bay which I think was the cheapest resort for Universal at the time but they seem to have added hotels since. The early access is great because the HP rides seemed to be some of the most popular throughout the course of the day so its good to get those done earlier in the morning! Plus it is quite lovely being in that part of the park before it gets mad with people to get some pics etc of the castle.

Last time I stayed at Rosen International which is a different hotel to yours - it was super duper cheap but the location was fantastic, right on I Drive. It had a motel type look, like no internal hallways, but the room was huge and had a little kitchen and everything.

Definitely a good idea. The first time we visited we stayed at Cabana Bay which I think was the cheapest resort for Universal at the time but they seem to have added hotels since. The early access is great because the HP rides seemed to be some of the most popular throughout the course of the day so its good to get those done earlier in the morning! Plus it is quite lovely being in that part of the park before it gets mad with people to get some pics etc of the castle.

Last time I stayed at Rosen International which is a different hotel to yours - it was super duper cheap but the location was fantastic, right on I Drive. It had a motel type look, like no internal hallways, but the room was huge and had a little kitchen and everything.
Yeah we’ve had a quote back for the Universal Endless Summer resort and it put it up by £105 per person compared to the Rosen Pointe. Absolutely delighted with that so going to plump for that.Harry Potter is the major draw for us so that earlier access will be incredible. So excited to book tomorrow and get planning.

Glad to hear all the nice comments about rosen international! I'm eyeing that place up for our trip next year as I can't be bothered with staying on site without any of the perks (mainly free dining 'cause I am a fatty haha). We won't be having a car but it'll be a big group of us so ubers divided by five or six shouldn't be so bad!

If anyone is looking 2022 tickets have been released today. Floridatix have them on and Attraction Tickets have hotel and tickets on x

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Just seen they have extended the reservation calendar to the end of Jan 2023. Spose they can still get rid of it before then if it is no longer required. I hope they bring back fast passes, I probably won’t go until they do.

Reactions: 2
Glad to hear all the nice comments about rosen international! I'm eyeing that place up for our trip next year as I can't be bothered with staying on site without any of the perks (mainly free dining 'cause I am a fatty haha). We won't be having a car but it'll be a big group of us so ubers divided by five or six shouldn't be so bad!
We normally stay at rosen inn at pointe. Cant fault it at all. So many cheap food options on idrive and nice bars. The ubers aren't as bad as you think. We budget 150 for 2 adults, and that's for too and from the parks day each day with the occasional extra outing.

I wouldn’t necessarily focus on just a few parks. I’ve been 14 times and would strongly recommend trying them all if you can ... the Disney water parks are pretty cool, Epcot is super underrated and Universal is incredible!! I haven’t been since the HP extension ... can’t wait to go back!

150 for ubers sounds really good! I was a bit worried about it but since there'll be four of us that'll be so affordable. Thank you!

I wouldn’t necessarily focus on just a few parks. I’ve been 14 times and would strongly recommend trying them all if you can ... the Disney water parks are pretty cool, Epcot is super underrated and Universal is incredible!! I haven’t been since the HP extension ... can’t wait to go back!
Epcot is THE place if you want food and drink! Especially if you go during one of their festivals (flower and garden in spring, food and wine in autumn!)

Reactions: 3
We booked today! Woo!

1st May 2023 for 14 nights staying at Universal Endless Summer.

Absolutely buzzing 🙂

Have never booked a trip this far in advance in my life 😂 Now for the fun bit of planning and figuring out our “must do” vs “want to do”

Given how fast this last nightmare year has gone it’ll be here before we know it.

Reactions: 5
Epcot is THE place if you want food and drink! Especially if you go during one of their festivals (flower and garden in spring, food and wine in autumn!)
Agreed! I love a day just eating and drinking around the world! Funnel cake, pretzels, sake, beer, margaritas, tacos .... oh my days can we go yet? 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.