Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Emmapism

VIP Member
Just under 4 weeks until my trip! I've seen how hot it is out there now so I hope it cools down before I go. Normally October is a pretty sweet month in terms of temp so fingers crossed!

Anyone else doing WDW in October?

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Monkeybum

VIP Member
How lovely to wake up to you all talking about Coronado Springs! I'm going there in just over 2 weeks. I haven't actually thought about the size, i stayed at Caribbean beach years ago and sound myself up that it was huge and would ruin the holiday and it was absolutely fine! So just decided to go with it, we're barely in the hotel anyway.

I've also stayed at both Port Orleans in the past and can confirm you definitely get a toilet door just a curtain to the sink area.

Will report back with any tips!

EssexHun

Just under 4 weeks until my trip! I've seen how hot it is out there now so I hope it cools down before I go. Normally October is a pretty sweet month in terms of temp so fingers crossed!

Anyone else doing WDW in October?
We are going on 5th October!! Too excited, first time visiting WDW and other Disney parks as only did Universal the first time I visited in 2019 and was cancelled when meant to go in 2020 due to covid. Also going on Disney Wish for 3 nights so even more excited 🥳

Viewer1901

VIP Member
It blows my mind that people can afford to do a two week holiday before a two week disney holiday. Mainly jealousy but you know.

• Heart

HitchhikingGhost

VIP Member
Has anyone done a solo trip? I'm tempted for 2022 just to get away. I like the idea of just going where you want, riding what you want. I'd also feel safe in Disney as not like you're wondering the streets etc.
I've only ever gone there with a(now ex) partner but I'd like to make some new memories and hopefully not feel lonely when I'm there.

Toffee finger

VIP Member
We’ve been in May many times and only 2019 was bad for love bugs. Even then I’d still go in May again. Great weather, flower and garden festival, not as crazy busy (pre Covid anyway)

KINGAA

VIP Member
Thank you for posting this! I just managed to get a bunch of things! Only one candle though. Really hope they get the autumn candles in 🤞🏻
Same! I’m so happy we’re finally getting Bath and Bodyworks here and it wasn’t too much more!

Gutted they never had the pocket hand sanitisers as I have one of the keychain holders to fit them and theirs are so smooth on your hands!

hellogoodbyex

VIP Member
That's wild. She really needs to get out of her fucking bubble and live in the real world. Fucks sake. Some of the shit she posts on socials just goes to show how privileged she is.
to be fair, Disney won’t move dining to 2021 for free because that offer doesn’t exist. Anyone with existing “free dining” for 2020 has had their offer cancelled as there are no dining plans for 2020 at all. If you want to include dining in your package for 2021 you have to pay for it. There is apparently a deal coming any moment but I’m doubtful it will be free dining. I’m in this position atm. I first contacted Disney to move my September trip in March but have ended up just cancelling and I’ll wait to see what happens. Brogan just needs to realise Disney will still be there next year or the year after. It’s an expensive trip to take and not get the full experience plus it’s a health risk.

Jess89

VIP Member
We have a trip booked but not till May 2022, but the thought of the borders opening finally gives me hope, and can actually start to get excited about going!
I know a lot can happen between now and then but this is still a good development to get back to some kind of normality

Toffee finger

VIP Member
We fly on Saturday!! I am SO excited. I've spent all week packing and unpacking all over again haha. I can't get memory maker to work with my tickets though, the Disney Experience app is so janky!
So close!
If you have the UK 7/14 tickets under the “tickets, passes and memory maker” your ticket should say something like - 14-Day Disney Magic Ticket (with Memory Maker for Adult Ticket only). If it does then you don’t have to do anything, it just magically works once you’re there even if it says in the photo section that you still need to purchase it!

• Heart

Emmapism

VIP Member
Based on all the videos I've seen it's a get there at the crack, bash as much out as you can in a few hours and sod off situation.

When I did Disneyland in Nov/Dec I found that doing very early or park close worked best for actually getting on stuff and it being as quiet as you could get it.

So I'm gonna do that this year at WDW and see how I get on.

Milktray

VIP Member
We had been thinking about taking a trip back to disneyland paris in 2022 but something that was stopping me was my foot injury. I hurt my foot a year ago roller blading and it's still not better 🥲

After 2 years of covid holding us back I didn't want my stupid body to hold us back. So yesterday we bit the bullet and booked it for late September but I'm still worried that my foot won't cope with all the walking. For context, it'll be a 2 night stay in Sequoia Lodge Mon-weds.

Just wondered if anyone has any experience of this kind of thing? Are there wheelchairs that anyone can hire if necessary?
Obviously Florida is off the cards for the foreseeable 😪 but I really want to go DLP at least
I've lost count the amount of times I've been to DLP. I worked as a Disney travel agent so was lucky enough to go for educational trips.
I've stayed at Sequoia Lodge twice and it's within a reasonable 10 min walking distance from SL entrance to the parks and buses are regular.
The parks at DLP are fairly compact. Lots to do but not as spread out as WDW...

Planning your day will make all the difference. Use EMH whilst the parks are quiet. And go back to the room as many times as you need to.

Now, I don't know if they still do this but If your foot is really holding you back, then speak to your GP to see if you can get a letter (they will charge it as private), with this letter, DLP will issue you with an 'Orange pass', this doesn't let you bypass queues but it does allow you to 'virtually' queue, allowing you to wait somewhere more comfortable.

One word of advice for the Sequoia Lodge, is that it is a *huge* resort. If you are in the outbuildings, the walk from the main entrance to your room can be a trek. Some of the outbuildings are closer to the Cheyenne. I would definitely try and request a room as close to the main building as possible.

• Heart

EleanorRigby

VIP Member
We haven't booked anything yet but aiming to go in Sept and hoping to god things are more normal then ;_;
My completely unscientific, personal opinion is that we'll experience winter spikes for Covid just as we do now for flu. So booking outside the winter season would certainly be my best bet and I hope your trip is all good. Really hope I'm wrong though and life can go back to some kind of normal all year round. I've had enough of it now, as have most people I'm sure.

EleanorRigby

VIP Member
DLP opening pushed back again. Totally understandable but I do worry about how long the parks can keep losing money. It's billions of dollars now ☹

Emmapism

VIP Member
If you're planning a whole day in the parks you will easily do 20k steps a day. You see plenty of folks on the larger side at Disney who manage okay. Obviously the fitter you are the less knackering it will be but it's still always tiring on the feet no matter what.

So many places to stop and rest so I wouldn't worry about it 😊 Enjoy!

Polkadot123

VIP Member
So jealous reading about all your trips!
Hope you are all having amazing times.
I go to Aulani and disney california in a month and I can't wait!

• Heart

Tublet83

VIP Member
I will try and move my 2021 booking to 2022 (although I’ve got another 2020 holiday already moved back 🤦‍♀️😂).

I’m on site kinda gal, but all these changes are really making me think why bother when as a family we could have a large condo. It’s the driving that puts me off.

I think we might wait until 2023 for the new universal park because Nintendo world looks amazing 🤩

EleanorRigby

VIP Member
Just got back from 2 nights onsite at DLP a few weeks ago and was a little disappointed at how busy it was 😔 (also came home with a horrible virus 😂). I have been previously in 2016, 2017 and 2019 at the same time of year (midweek, end of September) and crowd levels were pretty good. This time it seemed so much busier and there were a lot more school age kids, there didn't seem to be many brits though. I guess this must still be the after effects of lockdowns etc. We still had a great time but it is a harder to enjoy when people are pushing in queues so much etc. It was also our first time without the free half board dining and was a little shocked at how quickly we got through our money when buying quick service. I missed having a nice sit down meal 😂
Free half board, those were halcyon days ... I once did DLP for a week and the whole trip (including travel) cost less than £500.

• Heart