Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Web30

VIP Member
Anyone else feel like $900 wouldnt last a full 2 weeks for food given disney prices.

Reactions: 5

Libertine1975

VIP Member
Just back from a few days at DLP. Had nearly 4 days there, arrived Tuesday lunchtime and left early evening yesterday as flight back was in the evening.

Was really surprised that the ride with the consistently longest queue in the Msgic Kingdom was Bug Thunder Mountain as its an older ride (my fave though). Indiana Jones regularly had a a wait of under 15 minutes. Hyperspace Mountain could have a 10 minute wait or could be over 3o minutes. Peter Pan had a wait time of generally 40+ minutes but worth it despite being a ride for younger ones - I thought it was really well done.

Ended up paying for Premier passes to Crush's Coaster as the queue was NEVER shorter than an 80 minute wait. Great ride and would have done it again but I'm just not queuing for over an hour. Spiderman ride was good but had long queues too and frankly I didn't think it was worth the long wait. The Avengers ride was good but similar to Hyperspace Mountain.

I found the Ratatouille ride and Star Tours made me feel a bit motion sick. I wouldn't rush to do either again.

Single rider queues weren't too bad generally but Crush's Coaster was still an hours wait.

We managed to bypass a bit of the queue being in a pair on the Snow White and Piniccio rides as the carriages were designed to hold six people and most groups had four people.

The storybook rides - Casey Jr and thr boats were actually really fun. Cases Jr is faster than expected and the boats were great for a rest. Never a wait for those rides.

The Avengers Campus I thought was done really well and we liked that there were bits of action going on around the area with some of the superheroes. We saw Spiderman several times, Captain Marvel, Iron Man, Black Panther, Black Widow, Star Lord and Gamora.

Food I feel is expensive there. On the first day we had breakfast at the airport and then a hot dog just before we left the park. We had a late lunch in the Rainforest Cafe on our second day and a Pizza Deal in Magic Kingdom on out third day. I thought the Pizza Deal wasn't too badly priced, Mickey Pizza, some garlic bread an mini magnum and drink for €16. Hot dogs again for lunch on our last day and something at thr airport. Otherwise we only ate breakfast bars and biscuits we took with us.

Emmapism

VIP Member
I don't want to put anyone off at all. Had a lovely morning at Animal Kingdom rope dropping Flight of Passage. An enjoyable day for the most part.

I've always been a Disney planner so it isn't the planning side of things that's bothering me at all. This isn't my first rodeo 😂

But I hope everyone else who has a trip coming up has a truly wonderful time. I can wholeheartedly recommend Cabana Bay & Royal Pacific at Universal. My favourite hotels ☺

Hopping onto the Skyliner in a bit (it's so fun!)

Emmapism

VIP Member
I'm back if anyone has any questions!

(Bearing in mind that things are changing on an almost weekly basis now 😂)

Overall great time was had. But I found it interesting that some of the things I would do to save money are no longer possible. That seems to be the way Disney is going sadly....

eyeballs

VIP Member
Disney don’t release cruise prices until on sale I have recently found out.
A few million pounds I’m sure.

• Haha

Jess89

VIP Member
Yeaaah I am thinking about booking the Halloween party for 13/09 and I’ve never been so I’m proper excited! We are going the first 2 weeks so hopefully we do get some lower crowds 🤞🏻

did you ever do HHN at universal? I’m wondering if it’s worth it as we have 2 days there and one of the evenings it’s on.
Definitely recommend HHN! We went for one night on our Honeymoon in 2018 and absolutely loved it. Houses were really good, atmosphere was amazing and was just such a nice change and different vibe to the rest of our trip. Recommend being in the park before it starts (if you have Universal tickets) as they hold you in ‘pens’ before it opens so you can beat the crowds who are at the gates and get a couple houses done before the lines get really long. Like @Emmapism said is unlikely you’d get all the houses done in one night, so best to make a note of the ones you really want to do when they’re official! 😊

deejvillage

VIP Member
So I'm going to Orlando in November (first trip) and I am someone who normally does no exercise whatsoever (apart from house chores) so I have been trying the past month to walk an hour daily to help build up stamina and fitness. I have also been trying to lose a little bit of weight because I want to feel I can eat what I want when out there. So my questions are:

Is there anyone on here who literally isn't very active at all normally and then goes, how do you find it physically?
Am I doing enough preparation physically? I think it's my limit. I know it's not continuous walking and I have mild M.E so we will be having lots of rests.
What are people's experiences with losing/gaining weight after their trips? We will be going for 3 weeks mainly having quick service lunches in the parks but then I drive meals for tea. Last week will be Universal only and citywalk. I'm asking here as someone else asked in FB group and I was shocked that a lot of people claimed they ate what they want and actually lost weight with the walking!
I’m out in Florida at the moment. I usually do bugger all fitness wise and am walking 20k steps in searing heat. Just buy comfy shoes (go walks are awesome) and learn to have some downtime to recoup. You can’t do everything in a few days. Make sure to keep hydrated and cool as possible, the weather is a lot more bearable in November than now.

You will feel it at the end of the night and first thing in the morning but when you are in the parks enjoying yourself you won’t notice. Don’t worry about weight you’re on holiday and you will keep it off with the walking.

Mondieu

After the last couple of awful years I am desperate for some magic. I really want to see the anniversary celebrtions too. I'm an adult and would likely be going alone. Is it normal for people to go by themselves?
I am confident enough to get on the train and explore. I just don't want to look stupid going on rides, restaurants and character M&G alone.

• Heart

Emmapism

VIP Member
I've done six solo Disney trips and one trip with my partner. I love my boyfriend dearly but there's something so satisfying about doing exactly what you want to do at your own pace. I think if you enjoy your own company it can be wonderful.

I sometimes get chatting to people in queues, sometimes don't. Single rider has meant I've been able to go on some rides repeatedly (in 2019 I did Radiator Springs racers three times back to back and it was 😍). I don't do character meet and greets* so I can't comment on that but if you're there for rides and parades and fun, solo trips are awesome.

*Actually one time I met Baymax and that was sweet. A bit awks so maybe that's why I don't do it much 😂

• Heart

Meh

Chatty Member
We booked today! Woo!

1st May 2023 for 14 nights staying at Universal Endless Summer.

Absolutely buzzing 🙂

Have never booked a trip this far in advance in my life 😂 Now for the fun bit of planning and figuring out our “must do” vs “want to do”

Given how fast this last nightmare year has gone it’ll be here before we know it.

Milktray

VIP Member
We've just booked DLP for three weeks time! Any advice, tips, etc gratefully received as only been to WDW Florida...
Yes, don't compare it to WDW!
Its beautiful in its own right. Staff are cultural very different aswell.

Make sure you go and watch Mickey and the Magician! An absolutely fantastic show with loads of characters, music and dancing.

Gem_woody

Chatty Member
After the last couple of awful years I am desperate for some magic. I really want to see the anniversary celebrtions too. I'm an adult and would likely be going alone. Is it normal for people to go by themselves?
I am confident enough to get on the train and explore. I just don't want to look stupid going on rides, restaurants and character M&G alone.
You won't look silly! I often ride alone as my partner doesn't like thrill rides and it's really good to be able to take advantage of single rider queues! I'd say go for it 😄

• Heart

uwu

VIP Member
I'm so glad Tokyo Disney is owned by the Oriental Land Company, none of this fastpass or genie bullshit. TWDC are literally pricing out your average paid family.

• Heart

deejvillage

VIP Member
Some thoughts after a few days out in WDW that may help some people I will do another when I have finished the holiday.

New rides:
Guardians - Very good, very much space mountain of the modern day. No problems with motion sickness.
Rise - Overrated by vloggers. Still a good experience and impressive but a bit like the Disney Star Wars, a little disappointing.
Smugglers Run - Underrated, I loved it but was a pilot which helped!
Ratatouille - I have done at DLP and I believe is the same here so haven’t bothered as really long queues and is meh.
Mickey & Minnie’s - Don’t like the animation style but thought the ride was good.
Hagrids - Did in 2019 and thought it was awesome and was my favourite ride until…
Velocicoaster - Amazing!! Hagrids on crack, just a superb ride!!

New fireworks:
Harmonious - Hate how ugly the lake looks in the day, but all is forgiven once watching the show, it is brilliant!! Hint stand near port of entry to get the best view.
New MK one will be doing later on in the holiday but not hopeful!

Food:
Had really nice food so far, prices are sky high though especially on quick services
Be careful of the Dining Credit offer in Disney Springs some places won’t take it even though they are listed as doing so.
A vloggers favourite, mint julip is disgusting and like drinking mint sauce!

Crowds:
A lot busier than I remember, especially Universal.
Hint if you’re going when a party night is on, book Magic Kingdom as it is A LOT quieter only being open until 6pm. You can always park hop later on.

Genie+:
Essential if you don’t like long lines. Having to get up early for booking or early park entry is not fun and doesn’t seem to go hand in hand with a holiday.

That’s all for now, it still feels magical but certainly has lost some of the little touches that made Disney such a fantastic place.

• Heart

Blahblahahaaa77

VIP Member
Ermmm last time we went some days we were walking up to 20k steps a day but you can take it slowly with lots of ride stops, snack stops and sit downs. I wouldn’t worry you just go with the flow whilst your there.

Sarah123456789

Chatty Member
Virtual queue bit in the app...it should be on the home page when you open MDE. It will only highlight closer to the time...if not, you can click on the 3 horizontal lines and it will be on there.
Ok so that was a waste of waking up early for…2 of us on the app, mins before refreshing and ready. Second it opened it said it was all full! Really annoyed me as how can thousands and thousands of people booked before me? It’s impossible surely!

• Sad

Milktray

VIP Member
I'm scared to eventually go back to wdw after hearing so many people say its not the same 😔. We've only been once in 2018 but it sounds like it's changed so much
I'm currently on Disney blues, having come back not that long ago. I'm ready to rebook! (I've been doing Disney for years)

The magic is still there! It just feels more expensive with a different fastpass system but listen, it's not the be-all. It is what it is and I doubt Disney are going to change...so just go and enjoy it.

So talking of expense, I didn't come home with a new handbag (which usually ends up at the back of my wardrobe anyway) but I still filled my suitcase with American goodies...mainly stuff picked up at Walmart rather than the mall. I couldn't wait to crack open my Ken's Blue Cheese sauce when I got home!

We did buy Genie BUT only for, say, the weekend OR our first MK/HS days. At other times, the queues really weren't that bad. We didn't attempt to rope drop for a big ride, but checking regularly for lower queue times (such as during a parade) did help.

We didn't expect to ride everything and are happy just doing the iconic rides! You'll still be singing 'A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow', 'Small World' and 'Golden Dream' for months to come.

Just don't go in comparing it to previous visits...it's still lovely and magical. A little more planning required maybe.

• Heart