Disney - planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Damn, to be fair that looks good.

We are planning October though so I wonder if that will be an excluded date because of Halloween? Guess we’ll see
I’m fuming ! We moved this years October trip to next year & Disney were great on the phone and suggested that there would be some kind of incentive coming for 2022, but to just remove a whole month is crazy ! I’ve got the right hump now 😂

Anyone booking with the dining credit offer?
From what I’ve seen it doesn’t appear to be worth it as they’ve really jacked up the room prices. Think we are going to hold out for a better offer as so think they will come along

Anyone booking with the dining credit offer?
idk if anyone is in the it’s orlando time group on facebook but someone priced it up and get the maximum amount of dining credit it would work out at 9 grand for two weeks for just the hotel. no flights. i think it looks good at first glance but the further into it you go the worse it works out

idk if anyone is in the it’s orlando time group on facebook but someone priced it up and get the maximum amount of dining credit it would work out at 9 grand for two weeks for just the hotel. no flights. i think it looks good at first glance but the further into it you go the worse it works out

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Anyone else feel like $900 wouldnt last a full 2 weeks for food given disney prices.

Reactions: 5
We paid £3000 to stay club level at Animal Kingdom Lodge in 2016, split between four adults. No tickets in that but once added on would be probably about £5k total. We didn't use free dining or buy a dining plan. AKL isn't available right now, but for a similar stay but at Wilderness Lodge for similar dates, just standard room, you're looking at almost £5k not even including tickets. It's mad.

04962998-B3EC-4D2E-8D55-DD451552D7C0.png

I know this doesn’t inc flights but I think that’s a decent price! But I’m dammed if I can find this price when I look at dates 🙄.

Guess my friend will be spending her day on the phone tomorrow then.

Reactions: 1
View attachment 583089

I know this doesn’t inc flights but I think that’s a decent price! But I’m dammed if I can find this price when I look at dates 🙄.

surely that's not for 14 nights. I think you only need to stay 4/5 night to get the deal. Even £1955 sounds cheap for 4 nights there!
ATD are definitely coming out cheaper for this deal btw!

View attachment 583089

I’m sure I emailed Disney about this (like a couple years ago) as I thought that was a great price but couldn’t find anything anywhere near it no matter what date I put in. They said the price in the example was based on a family of 4 sharing a room, not a couple. So it was almost double the price of what it suggested on that page for just me and my husband (it was not clear whatsoever though as there was no small print saying that!)

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I’m sure I emailed Disney about this (like a couple years ago) as I thought that was a great price but couldn’t find anything anywhere near it no matter what date I put in. They said the price in the example was based on a family of 4 sharing a room, not a couple. So it was almost double the price of what it suggested on that page for just me and my husband (it was not clear whatsoever though as there was no small print saying that!)
Thanks! That explains it! So misleading! I’ll keep looking today see if I can find any good prices.

Reactions: 1
Disney prices are always a room rate based on four adults sharing so it's always more expensive pp for just two people. It's a pain when they advertise the rate per person but it is what it is. I'd love to do a solo trip but never do because the price is just insane for one adult to stay on property.

Disney prices are always a room rate based on four adults sharing so it's always more expensive pp for just two people. It's a pain when they advertise the rate per person but it is what it is. I'd love to do a solo trip but never do because the price is just insane for one adult to stay on property.
This is why we’ve never stayed above a value resort, and even that’s pricey 😂

Ugh I am finding all of this a bit of a mine field

We wanted to go in October half term as my husband is a teacher but it’s been excluded in the offer so now our options are only really august which I worry is going to be too hot for the kid !!!! Gahhhhhhhhhh

Its really not a patch on the old free dining offer sadly. I was really hoping for that offer to munch my way around the flower and garden festival next March.
I don’t think they will be so generous with the UK visitors now, as they need to be looking after the locals maybe :unsure:

I see they’ve filed a patent for some kind of new virtual queue system - I wonder if that will replace fast pass? (Probably with some additional cost to the guest though 🙄)

I think that the current Uk offer is still more generous than you get for dining offers domestically right now.

If the DDP comes back I’d imagine they will offer it free to uk again at some point - it’s already too expensive for the average uk family to go, they’ll be pricing even more out and they make a lot of money from uk visitors, especially for on site hotels.

I’ve never been at the right time of year to take advantage of free dining sadly, I had it for 2020 only and that got cancelled, so hoping they bring it back one day so I can finally take advantage😅

As they seem to be discouraging magic bands I wonder how ddp will work if they do bring it back - I’m guessing through your phone on the app but not sure. I do like magic bands though and still have a few so will probably use mine.

I miss the magic band scanner sound 😢

We've decided that were not going to go next year. We think we would still be paying for food even with the credit and £5500 is just too crazy for two weeks just the two of us

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.