Disney - planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hive mind .. do we think they’ll bring the Disney dining plan back ever ? it saves us so much money as my husband and I are real foodies and we just don’t think the $950 credit will be enough

we were planning on going in 2022 but we just can’t get the dates to work as my husband is a teacher and has to be in school holidays .. we are torn between booking during the summer hols next year or just hanging on til 2023 and seeing if we can get the dining plan
I definitely think the dining plan will come back, maybe even this year when capacity is back up - Disney want to keep guests in on site as much as possible which is why the dining plan is so lucrative. Whether the free dining offer comes back is something else, but they could just charge a premium for the rooms and it might come back one day.
We experienced the Dining plan for the first time on our last trip as we’d never had it before - we definitely want it back as loved it!

Reactions: 1
Yes I have twice, they are a good airline. Is there a reason for your hesitancy or preference of Virgin - do they tend to be cheaper?
Ah thank you. It was purely because Virgin are charging for hotel changes and Disney aren’t (the hotel we want is currently closed so not available) We wanted to book a package with the current situation and Aer Lingus are the only ones with available flights through Disney at the moment

Im another who loves the dining plan. I think it will be back. I don’t know if the free one will be and that makes me really sad cos going to Goofy’s at the end of the holiday to use all the snack credits and seeing what was the best value was good/nerdy fun.

Has tables in wonderland disappeared too? I think it was a discount programme for FL residents?

The thing that is holding me back booking for ‘22 is how disney are just being so bloody tight with everything, the paying to park at the resorts is the thing thats tipped me over the edge!
That said, I probably will book before my littlest turns 2 and i have to pay for his plane ticket 😅

The thing that is holding me back booking for ‘22 is how disney are just being so bloody tight with everything, the paying to park at the resorts is the thing thats tipped me over the edge!
I'm the same, I said I wouldnt book unless free dining and fast passes were back! Don't think free dining will be back before 2023 :(
It's just all the adds on we have to pay for now; magic express alternative, magic bands, majority of your food. Plus there's not even any news rides because they're taking so bloody long to build them. I wanna go back so badly though D:

Sorry wanted to add, with the aer lingus flights, it says something like “clear immigration before you land” on the poster, how does that work? Do you completely avoid the hell of the immigration hall in MCO?
I have flown in with a stop in Washington, it was amazing to cheat that queue! 😄

I'm the same, I said I wouldnt book unless free dining and fast passes were back! Don't think free dining will be back before 2023 :(
It's just all the adds on we have to pay for now; magic express alternative, magic bands, majority of your food. Plus there's not even any news rides because they're taking so bloody long to build them. I wanna go back so badly though D:
I last went in April ’18 so missed all of toy story land, and star wars land… I am itching to get back (we did Cali in ‘19, then the travel world ended!)

Saw there will be a new Epcot show earlier, and all the 50th anniversary stuff… but the costs are just eye watering now… it’s a tough call.

Last edited:
Sorry wanted to add, with the aer lingus flights, it says something like “clear immigration before you land” on the poster, how does that work? Do you completely avoid the hell of the immigration hall in MCO?
I have flown in with a stop in Washington, it was amazing to cheat that queue! 😄
You do security at Dublin airport instead, and as you say you will skip it at Mco!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
🤞 all ok, if we could go now I would be there in a heartbeat!
Download the MDE app ( my Disney experience) book your park days now , we have moved our October trip to next October and even though it’s ages away the CM at Disney who moved it for us advised us to get the days booked ( these can be moved closer to the time , we will be there for Halloween and I like to do MK that day , so that’s booked in ) keep an eye out for dining res opening up and be ready to book these through the app, closer to the time, if your staying onsite , send over your requests to the hotel , eg a ground floor room , balcony, we stay at the yacht club each year and always request a balcony and so far we have always received one . Keep an eye out on primark / Disney for any cute minnie ears/ tees/ bags etc that you can start putting away now (especially if your knitting out a family, I love a theme , so Star Wars tees for when we made a light saber / Mickey for MK etc ) as the above poster suggested , DFB on YouTube , is incred ! Maybe watch some ride vids in each park so you have a rough idea of what you want to ride , IF fps come back you will want to get them booked ( again in the app ) and you won’t want to miss your window, it sounds a lot but planning Disney is half the fun ! Do it all now and then you can sit back and literally enjoy the best holiday even when you get there !! Xx

I’m gonna be the voice of doom- unless they bring back dining on a pre paid package , I don’t think it’s coming back, look at the greedy, half arsed Halloween bash they are replacing MNSSHP with , it’s almost double the price, but pretty much sold out ! I LOVE the Halloween party , it’s epic & we have had some amazing nights there , but I wouldn’t pay all that money for what they are offering now , but clearly I’m in the minority! Disney know people will flock dp or no dp so why bother with it !

They're bringing back evening magic hours, but only for guests staying at deluxe resorts 😡 More reason for me to stay offsite next time, evening magic hours are the only onsite perk I really use but no way can I afford a deluxe thesedays!

Screenshot_20210630-232056.png

They're bringing back evening magic hours, but only for guests staying at deluxe resorts 😡 More reason for me to stay offsite next time, evening magic hours are the only onsite perk I really use but no way can I afford a deluxe thesedays!

View attachment 642371
This is annoying as I like the moderates 🙄 hopefully not permanent as don’t see it going down well. At least early morning entry is going to be for all on site though.

Wont be free DDP though :( do you guys all buy it outright?!
We got the Quick Service dining plan which we paid for for our 2019 trip. I remember looking at the prices during the free dining offer, but waited until the free nights offer to book which they normally released around February for a couple months. I found it was actually cheaper getting the room discount and paying for the dining plan ourselves, compared to the price of the room during the free dining offer. I also found this was the case when we booked our 2020 trip which we never got to go on.
Just my experience! If we have to pay for a dining plan again we might if the price isn’t outrageous, as it gives so much more freedom and ease with what you can have. I loved not having to think about prices!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.