Disney - planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We're vaxxed through work and both have our second in the next couple of weeks. I'm really hoping all the announcements bring the prices down a smidge!

I am vaccinated and I wonder if you can book before you have actually had yours.
Because they will hopefully get through all adults jabs before the sailings right ?
I've seen someone say full refund if you book and then don't get called for vaccine. The first sailins from liverpool are July so unless first jab is soon people are unlikely to have their second in time for then.

Reactions: 2
Disney cruise line have really good cancellations policies to be fair, I’ve cancelled one recently and they refunded my deposit straight away no questions asked.

Reactions: 1
Just seen all adults over 18 now need to have had both jabs 7 days before sailing. We haven’t had 1 yet 😂 that’s us out!
Surely this is most of their market out?! I wasn’t planning to go but I’m not sure how they think most families with young children will be going now as no one under 40 unless with existing conditions will be able to ....

I'd imagine you can book on the hope that you'll have your vaccine by then, and if not you can cancel. I actually don't think it's a bad idea at all - cruise ships are virus disasters ready to happen at the best of times haha.

Surely this is most of their market out?! I wasn’t planning to go but I’m not sure how they think most families with young children will be going now as no one under 40 unless with existing conditions will be able to ....
Agreed, I think they are going to really struggle. I couldn’t cope with booking to sit on a sun lounger either 😂

I will be fully vaccinated and so will my friend I’d be going with, but still unsure about booking. Just not sure if it would be worth it for the price. Id be looking at Newcastle and just think if the weather is miserable then it will be a miserable couple of days. I did a four night Bahamas cruise and had an “at sea” day and it was cold and windy (November). It was too chilly to sunbathe, I remember sitting by the adult pool reading my book practically fully clothed, we went to the spa for a few hours and went to bingo to fill some time, but I don’t think the spa is going to be open on these ones. I think we ended up getting quick service and taking it back to our room to eat and watch a film.

I think they are doing great with health and safety but a little part of me is still apprehensive over what happened on cruises last year. And then also I keep feeling guilty about the environmental impact of cruise ships 😂

. I think we ended up getting quick service and taking it back to our room to eat and watch a film.
TBH that’s all we’d be doing at home and if I do it on a cruise ship I don’t have to do the cooking and washing up 😂

• Haha
I'd imagine you can book on the hope that you'll have your vaccine by then, and if not you can cancel. I actually don't think it's a bad idea at all - cruise ships are virus disasters ready to happen at the best of times haha.
To be fair Disney are one of the best operators for hygiene

Just seen masks are now optional outdoors in WDW, they followed Universals stance very quickly!

Reactions: 3
What's everyone thinking of the deal WDW have announced for UK guests for next year.
People in a fb group im in are really excited, but doesnt compare to free dining plan from other years

What's everyone thinking of the deal WDW have announced for UK guests for next year.
People in a fb group im in are really excited, but doesnt compare to free dining plan from other years
No it doesn’t but suppose there have been no offers. The lack of free transfer and parking charges make it a hard sell for me to consider staying onsite tbh

really am not sure I want to go until some kind of fast pass system or similar is back. Hate queues and last time we went I didn’t queue once so would ideally do that again.

Not planning to be back in Florida for a couple of years now as hoping for a baby but definitely will be going to DLP within the next year or 2 so I’m excited for that - haven’t actually done DLP in 14 years or so!

Just got this! Looks like it's replacing free dining!
Damn, to be fair that looks good.

We are planning October though so I wonder if that will be an excluded date because of Halloween? Guess we’ll see

Damn, to be fair that looks good.

We are planning October though so I wonder if that will be an excluded date because of Halloween? Guess we’ll see
October isn’t included sadly. The small print from the email -

Book a 50th Anniversary Package by 3rd August 2021 (inclusive) including Disney’s 14-Day Ultimate Ticket and a stay in one of the participating Walt Disney World Resort Hotels for a minimum of 5 consecutive nights and maximum of 14 consecutive nights for selected arrivals from 01/01 to 02/04 2022 (inclusive), 24/04 to 24/09 2022 (inclusive), 13/11 to 17/11 2022 (inclusive) and 09/12 to 18/12 2022 (inclusive) and receive: Disney’s 14-Day Ultimate Ticket for the price of 7 (including Memory Maker); up to $950 Disney Dining Credit per room on a two week stay; and a US$200 Disney Spending Money Gift Card per booking. Guests will be able to book a 50th Anniversary Package excluding the US$200 Disney Spending Money for the above mentioned arrival dates between 03/08 and 02/11 2021. Receive Disney Dining Credit of US$36 per room for each night of a confirmed eligible stay in one of the Tier 1 Participating Disney Resorts; US$61 for each night of a confirmed eligible stay in one of the Tier 2 Participating Disney Resorts; US$68 per room for each night of a confirmed eligible stay in one of the Tier 3 Participating Resorts. Exclusions and Conditions apply.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.