Disney - planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know if this was asked already - but who do people recommend for villa bookings? We’ve always done international drive/on-site in the past but need a more space now the kids are bigger.
I didn’t know this thread was here before, so glad I found it 😍
We've booked through Kingdom State Villas in the past, they're worth looking at.

we have used VRBO for years now. It’s great as the villas are listed by the owners so no management companies to deal with. Many are UK families. We normally stay in Davenport which is about 20 mins drive from Disney. A bit further from universal- 30/40 mins. It’s just off the 192 which has loads of restaurants that are handy to pop in for dinner after a day in the parks.
Never heard of VRBO, will look whenever we can book to go back (years from now probably 😭)

Reactions: 1
Oh that’s good to know - thanks! I’ve seen VRBO discussed on the DIBB forum but I didn’t realise that the villas were listed by the owners. I’m a bit wary of management companies and would much rather deal with an owner. Are there any communities that you’d recommend?
Yeah I am the same with management companies which is why I like VRBO. Honestly I have never had a bad experience with them.

My parents go out more often than we do - 2-3 times a year and they have always had great experiences too - even with hurricanes and cancellations due to Covid back in early April last year.

I would say my favourites personally have been Highlands Reserve and Calabay Park but it just depends on the villa and your needs really.

also bonus tip - if you use top cashback they usually have a pretty high cashback percentage for VRBO - extra pennies for spending money I always think 😊😂

We've booked through Kingdom State Villas in the past, they're worth looking at.

Never heard of VRBO, will look whenever we can book to go back (years from now probably 😭)
oh don’t make me cry! I am pinning my hopes on a May/June trip to California next year 🤞

I’ve been looking at both Highlands Reserve and Calabay Park so I’m glad to hear they’re recommended :)
I’ll have a look at Kingdom State Villas too - thanks!

Can’t wait until things settle down and I can think about making a booking. Still it’s fun to plan in the meantime.

Highgate Park off of Legacy Park is my favourite villa location. Not the absolute nearest to the parks but not far and really quiet. Also close to ihop and Publix!
I’ve stayed at Calabay Parc and liked it there too. I’ve also seen Highlands Reserve and Windsor Hills recommended a lot.

Reactions: 2
Highgate Park off of Legacy Park is my favourite villa location. Not the absolute nearest to the parks but not far and really quiet. Also close to ihop and Publix!
I’ve stayed at Calabay Parc and liked it there too. I’ve also seen Highlands Reserve and Windsor Hills recommended a lot.
Quiet suits me down to the ground so I’ll check out Highgate park. I’ve been having a look at villas so just need to make a shortlist... oh and be actually able to go!

So if I do make it in November will be celebrating my friends 30th whilst there, any suggestions on what to do?

So if I do make it in November will be celebrating my friends 30th whilst there, any suggestions on what to do?
Alot will depend on what is open by then.
A meal at California Grill (top of Contemporary) is amazing. Better when there are fireworks on (they're not right now), but still amazing views and food. Feels very special.

Drinking around the world at Epcot is a great thing to do in the day, or a bar crawl at Disney Springs (or both!!) if your friend likes drinking (I know not everyone does so its not an option for everyone).

There are spas at the Grand Floridian and Saratoga Springs, I've never done them but that could be a special treat too.

If you like afternoon tea I can recommend the one in the tea room at the grand floridian. Good value and a good selection of sandwiches, savoury, cakes etc. Plus with the piano in the lobby, it's a really nice atmosphere and something I didn't expect to be doing at Disney

I don’t know if this was asked already - but who do people recommend for villa bookings? We’ve always done international drive/on-site in the past but need a more space now the kids are bigger.
I didn’t know this thread was here before, so glad I found it 😍
hey we use home stay for villas really reasonable prices and all shapes, sizes, pools, themed villas.7 of us got one for a week for our friends wedding and it cost us like 100 each

Alot will depend on what is open by then.
A meal at California Grill (top of Contemporary) is amazing. Better when there are fireworks on (they're not right now), but still amazing views and food. Feels very special.

Drinking around the world at Epcot is a great thing to do in the day, or a bar crawl at Disney Springs (or both!!) if your friend likes drinking (I know not everyone does so its not an option for everyone).

There are spas at the Grand Floridian and Saratoga Springs, I've never done them but that could be a special treat too.
i second drinking round the world at Epcot we did that for my brothers 21st and it was a lot of fun we ended the night watching the fireworks

again depends what is open but a nice meal would be a suggestion cali grill, narcoosees, we did a tasting menu at jaleo for my dads 60th which was great.
Maybe a night in a deluxe resort that’s what we’re planning to do we’re going in 2022 hopefully and are going to do a deluxe stay just for the one night.

Last edited:
Has anyone done the resort in Hawai?
Also california disney?
This is what we are hoping to do for our honeymoon end of 2022.

Rumour has it Disney 2022 tickets go on sale either 16th February or 18th February! places like Floridatix or Attraction Tickets let you pay a deposit and then pay as and when you like normally 6 weeks before you travel! Woo!

Rumour has it Disney 2022 tickets go on sale either 16th February or 18th February! places like Floridatix or Attraction Tickets let you pay a deposit and then pay as and when you like normally 6 weeks before you travel! Woo!
oooooo I hope disney release their packages/hotel prices not long after.

Has anyone done the resort in Hawai?
Also california disney?
This is what we are hoping to do for our honeymoon end of 2022.
I stayed at the Disneyland hotel in Cali, it was lovely! There are offsite hotels just as close though

What perks do.you get staying on site in cali?
It’s a while since I stayed, but it was similar to WDW, but maybe not as good if that makes sense 😂

It’s all in walking distance so no transportation needed, at the Disneyland hotel you stepped out at you were at downtown Disney. I love it though, loved the retro theming of the hotel. Equally though for the cost I would happily stay offsite as you can walk from most as well. Depends on your budget I suppose!

Has anyone done a solo trip? I'm tempted for 2022 just to get away. I like the idea of just going where you want, riding what you want. I'd also feel safe in Disney as not like you're wondering the streets etc.
I've only ever gone there with a(now ex) partner but I'd like to make some new memories and hopefully not feel lonely when I'm there.

Reactions: 4
Has anyone done a solo trip? I'm tempted for 2022 just to get away. I like the idea of just going where you want, riding what you want. I'd also feel safe in Disney as not like you're wondering the streets etc.
I've only ever gone there with a(now ex) partner but I'd like to make some new memories and hopefully not feel lonely when I'm there.
I say do it. When my best friend dropped out of our 2022 trip I was like, duck it I’m going to go anyway and had planned it etc! Luckily my other best mate said he would go! I know on Facebook there is a Disney world solo travellers group! People post about meeting etc! I don’t think you would feel lonely and like you said yourself probably really safe! If you do go in 2022 I’m going on May! If that’s your date etc we could potentially meet up one day!

I say do it. When my best friend dropped out of our 2022 trip I was like, duck it I’m going to go anyway and had planned it etc! Luckily my other best mate said he would go! I know on Facebook there is a Disney world solo travellers group! People post about meeting etc! I don’t think you would feel lonely and like you said yourself probably really safe! If you do go in 2022 I’m going on May! If that’s your date etc we could potentially meet up one day!
Thank you 💞 I will have a look at the fb group 😊

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.