Discontinued things you wished would come back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know you can still buy Lucozade, but many years ago it came in a glass bottle wrapped in yellow cellophane. I never liked the taste of it though.

Reactions: 11
Ice cream Chewits, echo bars, the old flavour of Pringles they changed the packaging and the taste probably 12 years ago and they haven’t been the same since! Prawn cocktail Watsits!

Reactions: 7
Remember when walkers salt and vinegar where in the blue pack and cheese and onion where green? Think they changed it when I was young 5 or so.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
A large tin of quality street. What you get now is meagre pickings to the large annual tin my nan would buy us in the late 80s.

There were these really nice Refreshers, Hubba Bubba, etc cans of fizzy drink which were out really briefly. I'm pretty sure the Hubba Bubbas came in clear cans.

Reactions: 4
Ice cream Chewits, echo bars, the old flavour of Pringles they changed the packaging and the taste probably 12 years ago and they haven’t been the same since! Prawn cocktail Watsits!
You can still get ice cream chewits I have some in my cupboard!

Lovells milky lunch bars... vice versa chocolates... secret bar... mars delight... mint poppets... those mint munchie-style chocolates with the soft mint centre?!
They still do mint poppets 😊

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Spira chocolate
Heinz baked bean pizza
Sour chewits
Flake snow - the chocolate anthea Turner posed with on her wedding 👰
Irn Bru Bars
Smirnoff Ice Black
Bacardi Breezer
Mother’s pride bread

MAC Cosmetics Paint pigments
MAC. Hyper real foundation

Perfumes I used to love...
Estée Lauder Sensuous noir
Clarins Sunshine fragrance
Anna Sui Anna Sui Perfume
Tropical Punch Escada
Beautiful Sheer Estée Lauder
Sensi Giorgio Armani
Fragile Jean Paul Gaultier
Jo Malone Vanilla and anise
Glamourous Ralph Lauren
Whenever I go on holiday to Europe I basically live of Bacardi freezers specially the watermelon ones. I wish they’d sell them here again!

Anyone remember Marble chocolate bars? They were excellent.

Reactions: 8
Some spicy popcorn thing, can’t remember what it was called but I was addicted and then it just disappeared off the shelves one day 😢 😂

Melon lucozade (not to be confused with the watermelon one), the creamy tomato pasta from the morrisons salad bar (tried to make it myself but it isn't the same :( )

Reactions: 2
Lee Stafford Choco locks hair gloss and sprays they made your hair smell like literal chocolate
Kettle chips jalapeño flavor
Go ahead banana bake bars

Clusters cereal. Not Crunchy Nut Clusters. They were by Nestle and just called Clusters, lol. I loved them.

Reactions: 5
Decent men seem to have been discontinued... 🥴

I remember these soft fruit flavoured polos when I was kid, like gummy sweets. And Toffos!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Campinos!
I ordered some online for too much money as they're still available in Canada and they taste the same as the aldi/m&s boxed strawberries and cream hard sweets that are like 60p (aka not as good as the original ones were back in the early 2000s but still nice)

Reactions: 2
Oh Anna Sui 😊 I’ve still got an empty bottle, it was the first present my son bought me with his own money, I will never ever throw it away 😍
Anna Sui did a wonderful special edition perfume sometime around the early 2000's. It was one of the head shaped ones with multicolored patterns all over it. I hadn't realised it was a special edition at the time I bought it and was gutted it was no longer available. The other ones just aren't the same.

I miss the original names of products.
Marathon bars - Snickers
Opal Fruits - Star Burst
Jiff cleaning cream - Ciff
Oil of Ulay - Oil of Olay
Immac - Veet
Ect.
I still call Ciff Jiff. I can't help it.

Last edited:
No7 mousse foundation, used to come in a little pot with a ‘spoon’ I’m not sure id use it properly again but I’m intrigued to try it on my more adult skin🤣

Reactions: 6
Weirdly, as I was reading this thread, my sister sent me a photo of 'Zzzap' ice lollies from Heron Foods. From the packaging it seems they are a copy/reincarnation of 'Pazazz', my favourite ice cream stick from the 80/90s. They were toffee-flavoured, psychedelic-coloured ice cream on a stick.
A Zzzap was always my first choice from an ice cream van. Much better than a soggy cone.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.