Discontinued things you wished would come back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Spira! I can’t believe Cadbury’s haven’t caved yet, I have seen so many people over the years on social media starting petitions and asking for the return of spira bars 🤣
Mars delight and flyte bars also
Chubby brand bottles of pop from the 90’s a bit like panda pops but they had a grape flavour that was amazing!
The body shop dewberry and white musk ranges
Impulse dynamique
Prawn Cocktail wotsits I agree were so good

I’m sure I will think of many more, I do love some 90’s nostalgia hence the username 🤣

oh and Bacardi breezers are still about but quite hard to get hold of, they are popular abroad though I have had some in Tenerife & bulgaria in the past few years
Taboo!? Another that’s hard to come by I used to love taboo and lemonade
And what about aftershock & goldschlager are they still about??

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Tyrozettes. .
My mum introduced me to them when I was younger.
My girls loved them too . . A bit of nostalgia.

Reactions: 1
Just the simple pleasure of walking into a packed pub and going up to the bar 😩
😢and soft plays and cinemas with actual new releases ,being able to go for a meal out with anyone you want ,going to the races ,dancing like a twit in clubs ,getting on a plane ,holding birthday parties for my kids and them being invited to their friends ,being able to do anything without having to think twice about bleeping corona

• Sad
Reactions: 12
So many things. Secret bars, jr ice pops, fat frog ice pops. Coco pops before they changed the recipe. Impulse Goddess (my all time fave). Quiddity by Chipie in cool spell and Tommy Hilfiger dreaming perfume. The body shop body butters in almond, blueberry and vineyard peach. Boots botanics bath soak in mallow.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The Fabulous Baker Boys chocolate cupcakes. So yummy
I used to eat the sponge first then the chocolate. I didn’t realise they discontinued them!

Echo and Bingo chocolate bars
What?! They got rid of Echo bars?!

The original Puppy In My Pocket. The ones that had bore real life resemblance to various dog breeds - there was also a Kitty variety. I had a massive collection as a kid and remember wanting to source some for one of my sons a few years ago. I swiftly gave them a miss, the new ones are repulsive and they've been Bratified, just as what they did to My Little Pony.
In a similar vein, new Barbies are such a poor replacement to the ones of the 90s and early 00s. I’m nit talking about the height/size/disability aspects because I actually think it’s great they have become more diverse. But the finish is so appalling. I’ve got my niece 4 Barbies over the past 3 years and their hair is always super messy and unfinished at the ends. I have to trim it to make it tidier for her. Just looks so slapdash and rushed out (plus they cost so much for such a poor finish). Think I’ll turn to Lottie dolls instead next.

Last edited:
Weirdly, as I was reading this thread, my sister sent me a photo of 'Zzzap' ice lollies from Heron Foods. From the packaging it seems they are a copy/reincarnation of 'Pazazz', my favourite ice cream stick from the 80/90s. They were toffee-flavoured, psychedelic-coloured ice cream on a stick.

Reactions: 3
Does anyone remember Lippy chick bars they were like irn bru bars but cherry flavour and had some picture of a “cool” girl on the front (kind of “groovy chick” style). They were so good and no one remembers them, I can’t even find a picture of them on the internet 😭
I remember them the bar was pink they were gorgeous. I miss Cola bars too

Lemon Diet Coke, Burtons Potato Puffs, Right Guard Vogue, Comfort Silk, Pizza Doritos, Big Chewits, Cherry Pepsi.

Reactions: 2
Does anyone remember Doritos tandoori sizzlers? They were limited edition and came out when I was like 15 so about 16 years ago

The fabulous baking boys strawberry flapjacks, bloody gorgeous! I bought boxes and boxes from Tesco, I must’ve been the only one buying them as they disappeared as quick as they’d come. Apparently they fell into administration though :(

Penguin chukka! Little pot with biscuit, chocolate and caramel balls

Walls‘ sausage balls (my childhood food)

The original oven wotsits which were MASSIVE and not tiny and shite like the remade version

Just seen this on Facebook - I didn’t even realised they’d stopped doing them!! I used to drink the red one and always got a horrible hangover from them!
In my small town where I grew up we had a hall that would do live events ,it had a bar and we would buy this for £2 a bottle aged 16 thinking we were the bees knees.It was really nice ,back then anyway 😂not so nice when you’re throwing it back up though

Ettenmans(?) chocolate fudge cake. Came as a rectangle in a white box. Asda used to sell it. The MOST fudgiest chocolatey delicious cake in the world!!

• Heart
My old life where I could see my friends and kiss them. See my work colleagues in person. Wear normal clothes instead of lounge wear. Go to the pub. Take my kids fun places. Sad times.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.