Discontinued things you wished would come back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shaders were so cool! And then they had toners too. A girl I worked with briefly won a competition to be the "face" of shaders and toners - they basically took a photo of her and badly photoshopped different colour hair on her on the boxes that the sachets sat in on the shelf 🙈🤣

That's reminded me of Wells Colourmouse - now that was what all the cool girls used on their hair, especially the mahogany & red shades

Cadbury's Country Style chocolate. It had a gingham cover and had sultanas and biscuit in the milk chocolate.
Cabana bar - moist coconut with cherries in a milk chocolate coating
Nutty bar - a caramel slab studded with peanuts
Bar 6 - like a Kit Kat but more substantial. We had these for our desert at school.
Mac frosted lipstick in Meltdown - an amazing coral gold colour.
Shaders - little sachets of hair dye which changed your hair colour for a few weeks. Loved them as a teenager.
Tins of pureed apples. We used to get huge tins of them, delicious chilled with cinnamon on ice cream.
Space hoppers
Pogo sticks

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Lou Lou blue perfume- remind me if misspent youth.
The original Anna Sui perfume in the black and purple bottle circa 2000 not the remake

that and generally Leaving the house, I look back fondly on that - such a shame it’s been discontinued.

Reactions: 13
Comfort Passionflower & ylang ylang fabric softener, I still wish they’d bring it back!

Secret chocolate bars

Pre sugar tax Ribena & Orange Lucozade

The original monsoon perfume in the blue bottle with the walnut whip-esque lid

Victoria’s Secret very sexy for her 2 / Very Sexy Hot perfume

I also have this perfume from Next someone got me called Riviera, almost finished and j haven’t been able to figure out what it’s a dupe for as most of theirs seem to be dupes

Reactions: 2
The galaxy truffle celebrations! They were the best ones in there, so I don’t understand why they got rid of it but my thinking is they’ve stopped doing it so they can do a come back in a few years and people will buy loads of them!!

also I’m sure roses did a coffee one which wasn’t in there this year! Another favourite of mine, hate drinking coffee but love coffee favoured chocolate!!

also I haven’t seen it in years but this is going back about 15 years now when me and my friends were 15/16 and had just started drinking either in parks or at little gatherings lol, but we would get big bottles of red square from Sainsbury’s, it was about £2, it was so nice, it was in a silver bottle and was an orangey colour!! Alcopops in general seem to be a bit of a thing of the past! I remember drinking Smirnoff ice or wkd all night in clubs and I honestly can’t think of anything worse now as it’s so sweet! I am partial to a cheeky Smirnoff on holiday now and again when getting ready though!

Also the old sunny delight before they took out all the sugar and additives!!

and finally.. muller corner Mississippi mud pie, so sickly but I loved it!!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Irn bru bars/highland toffee bars! 10p from the tuck shop in primary school.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I would pay good money for a packet of Walkers Sensations Lamb & Mint crisps. Bloody loved them!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’ve Just opened a bag of fruit pastels and my god they are nothing like they used to be! 😭 so those can be added to the list too.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Marks and Spencer did these kids crisps. They were shaped as what they were, for example chicken and chips, burger and chips, fish and chips.

Body Shop original coconut oil.

The original recipe for Um Bongo and Sunny Delight.

Primark Glow setting spray (it came in a large grey bottle).

Echo bars.

Tesco wafer thin balti chicken.

A Quakers cereal which was small oat pillows.

Reactions: 1
The Body Shop - dragon fruit lip butter which supported an HIV charity
there was a serum from Primark which was pink and smelled lovely... think it was called Iridescent Glow
Wash in, wash out hair dye (Shaders & Toners) in Mahogany... last saw it in Wilkinsons around 2010
There was a brand called Halo that did face wipes in blue and pink packaging
Tanya Burr's Selfie lash mascara
Soap & Glory did a lovely night cream years ago, but they discontinued it and replaced it with a crap one that make my skin red/blotchy
The original Cadbury Philadelphia spread
Ricicles
Flyte chocolate bar

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.